Users

Frequent Posters

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Mausam First Day Territorial Breakdown

Saturday 24th September 2011 14.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Mausam collected around 6.50 crore nett on day one. The all India territorial breakdown is as follows.

Mumbai - 2.15 crore

Delhi/UP - 1.55 crore

East Punjab - 75 lakhs

West Bengal - 23 lakhs

Bihar - 12 lakhs

CP Berar - 31 lakhs

CI - 25 lakhs

Rajasthan - 39 lakhs

Nizam - 28 lakhs

Mysore - 31 lakhs

Others - 17 lakhs

TOTAL - 6.51 crore

theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The opening number is not good because the wom is bad .This film need to have awom like JA to pick up but till nopw no way because the wom is not good .Lets hope for the best but i think the final result will not be good .
lilly_star thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: you2

Mausam First Day Territorial Breakdown

Saturday 24th September 2011 14.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Mausam collected around 6.50 crore nett on day one. The all India territorial breakdown is as follows.

Mumbai - 2.15 crore

Delhi/UP - 1.55 crore

East Punjab - 75 lakhs

West Bengal - 23 lakhs

Bihar - 12 lakhs

CP Berar - 31 lakhs

CI - 25 lakhs

Rajasthan - 39 lakhs

Nizam - 28 lakhs

Mysore - 31 lakhs

Others - 17 lakhs

TOTAL - 6.51 crore

Some result telling 9 crore, some result telling  7 crore and then some result telling 6.51 crore.🤓

Fishy fish. 🤔
MagicLantern thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
the film itself is nothing to rave about...it's strictly ok & it won't go down in history as hindi cinema's most romantic film...the major letdown is the script & screenplay...props to the actors the script really does nothing for them..but truly this is sonam's best till date she has outdone herself & shahid is good too(shahid has proved his mettle as an actor long back but with this film sonam has actually proved she can act) i was pleasantly surprised i am a sonam fan but honestly didn't think too much about her acting prowess but with this film she in a way consolidated my faith in her as an actress( thank you kinda made me question her talent )...sonam is truly elegance personified & i personally feel she should stick to such films instead of the routine song & dance films...she is certainly not cut out for that kind of cinema..deepika scores well in such films...want to thank pankaj kapoor for extracting a wonderful performance from sonam...it would probably make people sit up & take notice of sonam's talent ...she still has a long way to go but the girl sure has potential
Edited by ght_sajan - 12 years ago
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
It is not bad at all..I had posted in the MBKD thread before..The market for younger actors  like RK,IK, Shahid...in solo films range from 6.5 crores to 7.5 crores..

Lets see if Rockstar can do the trick and break the barrier..
hazel94 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Saw it last night! Im a huge shahid kapoor fan! It was quite slow but i still liked it!!! first half is better ...second half kinda drags!..like the songs...shahid was awesome!! never been fond of sonam but she was good in the movie...defo her best!
the climax was okay..could hve been better--
Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The 9 crores opening day news came out around 6-7 pm Indian time, when all the movie theaters still had 3 - 4 more shows still to come and the final tally was far from being tabulated. First day collections are never tallied till the day is over and all the collections are taken into account. I think the 9 crore number was just some random number thrown about by some overzealous fan.

But close to 7 crores is a great number considering the genre and the star power of the leading couple. The best that Shahid and Sonam have individually garnered till now. I hope the weekend shows have a good jump to end the weekend at close to 25 crores or even more.
Edited by Relda - 12 years ago
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
So do you guys think that its worth all the time and effort taken by Shahid for the movie? ðŸ˜Š
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
taran n BOI reports matches so mausam 1st day collections ins 6-7 cr oder article is bakwasss
vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
My Comments on Mausam...😊

Mausam..at the bare minimum..was a total time pass..it was entertaining..I liked the fact that Pankaj beautifully intermingled the serious with sweet comedy...He conveyed his message with a very light stroke..this was a positive as well as negative...because it came out looking not intense enough..

I never felt bored during the movie at all..the film did not seem even slow to me..the narration actually had a 'TIMELESS' sweet & pure quality to it..I now understand the various tweets about being transported to a different world..

My hubby has not taken Shahid seriously until now..he didn't think he was great even in JWM..but he felt Shahid performed brilliantly in this movie..transitioning smoothly into his 4 looks..I loved one comment of his..he said that he could see Harry's level of desperation increasing after each season..as his love for Aayat gradually matures. Also that Shahid became his character Harry...I think thats the highest compliment an actor can get..that also from a non-fan...so definitely Sasha has increased his audience base by one...😛

He felt that the movie was great especially before interval..but that the last 10 min of the movie spoilt everything..if they had done away with that..or  manipulated the story in such a way where the super human act was for Aayat..for his love..then it would have added to the love story..instead the last 10 min had no connection with the flow of the story..

He felt that because the ending was not good..he felt disappointed..because the film did not end on a high note..one automatically starts taking the film apart and concentrating on the negaive points...He feels that was what was behind such negative reactions from the critics..

Sonam did the role given to her well enough..but her acting did feel shaky at places...as if she barely managed to do what she did...which was not actually much..My husband felt that she did the mischievous laughter portions well but not the sad intense ones...her character as Aayat had scope for more intense emotions..even more than that of Harry..but in the film Shahid was the only one left doing the job..

The final verdict of ours was...this film in its vision..had the scope to become EPIC...but fell short in execution..so blame for that falls squarely on Pankaj's shoulders...I think he was indulgent with his time & that of his family..this product DOES NOT justify exclusively using 1.5 years of Shahid's acting career...at least Sonam was able to cram in other films in between..

That aside...the film has left us with a pleasant feeling..everything about the film was very sweet, fresh and pure...definitely worth a watch..

As for a repeat watch..I want to do so again..to live through the moments and analyze some more..and enjoy Sasha on the big screen again...My husband is reluctant..he says he can watch the pre-interval portion any number of times...but not the whole movie...😛