Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Raiinie2

Completely agree with this tweet. After watching it few hours back, the film definitely offers more than what the critics are dismissing it as. Yes the film is flawed, particularly towards the later stage of the 2nd half (unnecessary scenes, which IMO would have been better edited) and the ending.
However, the film definitely has  some genuine gem of a moments/scenes that totally makes up for these flaws.  

The film is very idealistic, so it really appealed to me. Love like Harry and Aayat's are very rare these days, it seems like a thing of a past. I miss it and Mausam kinda brings it back for me. So, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would def recommend it to my friends and you all. 

Cool that you enjoyed the movie...😊
kuku95 thumbnail
Just got back from Mausam...still have a headache...

One of the most disappointing films of Shahid Kapoor..

The problem is the script...There is no love or romance between the two characters.. They hardly interact or even show any depth to their characters.. All we see is the background story pushing the meeting of these two characters..There is a hardly any relief in the second half in the sense of music or interesting situations..I was looking to see if they would capture and show the intensity between the two leads in Scotland..Spending all these monies on foreign locations to just capture the images and streets and nothing on the two leads..What a waste of resources and time...The audience is expected to understand their pinning and sorrows just from few moments the two characters have shared on the screen..

Shahid and Sonam both trying to impress and act hard to impress which fails big time..Never once, do i feel for the characters cause they are so shallow and undeveloped..The IAF part looks so staged and forced and Shahid hams big time trying to show off...

The first part was okay nothing great or spectular..

Compare that with a sweet film like Jab We Met ..all shot in India but so many interesting moments and perfect chemistry between the two leads...

Trying too hard to project the film as epic when there is no pain or emotions that the audience can feel..Even the songs dont provide any relief as the characters are so underdeveloped..

I hope everyone associated with this film will learn that big is not always better...The screenplay has to be interesting and the audience needs to have emphaty for the characters to make such films work..This is not a masala film but at the same time even offbeat movies are interesting to watch cause the subject and the characters are interesting..

The whole cast was horrible including Shahid and Sonam..One of their worst performances..

Watching Supriya was like she was having constipation...Shahid Kapoor at least good in the first 30 mins but with the film just went down the hill trying to act instead of being natural and sponstaneous..Sonam the less said the better...

How does one blow 60 crores on a garbage like this...What was the need to shoot this film across Europe..no need...the story didnt require..Trying to show off..

The film will crash from tomorrow as more negative word of mouth spreads..

Feel sorry for all the Shahid and Sonam fans who i think happen to be girls under the age of 16 who idolize them and want this movie to be a blockbuster..The film at least has to entertain in order for it to work at some level...This one just doesnt cut it...
kuku95 thumbnail
Thank good TIFF premiere was cancelled ..

What an embrassment and waste of time that would have been for the makers to show off such garbage at this prestigous event...

Imagine press conference with these loonies talking about epic and three years to write a script and blah blah..

-Obsession- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Its a shame Mausam is getting a lot of bad reviews πŸ€”

Its been my most anticipated movie of the year! I really didnt expect this. I guess each to their own. This movie will probably turn out like Marmite.. you'll either love it or hate it. LOL

But I'm still going to watch it, hoping i LOVE it!

Thanks for all the reviews guys 😊 I'm happy for those who loved it πŸ˜›
vssaras thumbnail

aliamalik Alia Malik 
Watching Mausam..the cinema is packed out. Had to con the Manager for tickets as they'd sold out by my turn! @shahidkapoor@sonamakapoor

javeddd javeddd 

@shahidkapoor just saw mausam at Islamabad, loved it. you and sonam was fab :) God bless you!!!
Edited by vssaras - 12 years ago
vssaras thumbnail

HoeZaay Jos Covaco 

@shahidkapoor congrats on the film man, read the collections have been fabulous. was wondering if you could lend me a crore or two now :)

Edited by vssaras - 12 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: myLuvShahid-ji

but then vivah was super hit ..many ppl liked it
maybe samething happened with this 1 tooπŸ˜†

That's what I'm saying..critics said Vivah was awful..junta liked it and made it a super hit. πŸ˜†
Hopefully the same thing happens here..
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDfSiKV7GZE[/YOUTUBE]

Abhi Na Jao Chhor Kar...clip from Mausam...

Love!!!!! ❀️
bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So many negative reviews πŸ˜•
Anyways, guess I'll check it out for myself and decide, can't always trust the critics.
lil_desi_goddes thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i saw it last night, and i absolutely loved it, it was pure magic, it was what a love story is meant to be, i loved how authentic the settings were, Sonam was great, and Shahid stole the show, but the only little drawback was it, it got a little long, but all in all, worth watching, i want to see it again! 

My rating 4/5, because i love love stories!