Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
^Ummm your reporter is not even done watching the film!! What's the point of saying something about a movie until he/she is done with it? Bizaree!

But yayyy people are liking it!
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Originally posted by: SiiLver.Tabby

How in the world have some people seen the movie in NZ already!!! I have searched everywhere for today's release.. anyways the word of mouth seems brilliant so I hope more and more watch the movie and spread the word :) I'll def be watching it sometime next week!! Finally the long wait is over!

Don't know about NZ...but it released to day in UAE.
vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Gehlot_28Nov Rocky Gehlot 
Mausam released in Dubai, my brother says 4 out of 5 to #mausam, waiting for tomorrow... @shahidkapoor and @sonamakapoor are fab he told..

vssaras thumbnail

Shnkrules Shashank Singh 

The Last time i saw a nice romantic movie was Imtiaz ali's #loveaajkal and this time it's Pankaj kapoor's #Mausam..! lovd it!

#Mausam Rating-3/5 It does manges to giv us sum beautiflly excutd scens.Pnkj ji hs put his mind nd heart in right plce nd its shws. recommd

Shnkrules Shashank Singh 

@shahidkapoor Ur performance in #Mausam made us forgot tht of evrgreen rajesh khanna's in 'aradhna'.. ur mst sincerest prformance ever!..
Edited by vssaras - 12 years ago
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: vssaras

Mausam movie review starring Shahid and Sonam Kapoor

Published on September 22, 2011 by NewsIndia      No Comments

The Sigher and the Trier
Film: 
Mausam
Director: Pankaj Kapur
Starring: Shahid Kapur, Sonam Kapoor, Supriya Pathak, Anupam Kher and Aditi Sharma
Rating: 

She sighs beautifully. He grits his teeth manfully. She arches her neck just so she can drape it over his arm when they dance. He holds his spine ramrod straight the minute he puts his aviators on. She skulks on stairways hoping he will recognize her. He wades through snow to rush back to her. She is a Kashmiri Muslim fleeing from militancy. He is a Punjabi scarred by Operation Bluestar. Together they traverse India's modern history, meeting and parting at key points.

She has to leave the tiny fictional village of Mallukot because of tension after the demolition of Babri Masjid in 1992. He has to leave Scotland where he is training because the Kargil war breaks out in 1999. 9/11 features as do the Godhra riots. She weeps silently, he gnashes his teeth some more. But as the young starcrossed lovers span continents and circumstance, he an Indian Air Force pilot and she a sometime ballet dancer-sometime shopkeeper, the audience loses the plot.

Every scene is beautifully shot, the romance is meant to grow on you with its artful glances and coy exchanges. But instead of a slow burn, it's just plain exhaustion. In the age of instant email and easily transported cellphones, the lovers leave no forwarding addresses or contact numbers. They rely instead on the goodness of neighbours and the willingness of relatives. This is Pankaj Kapur's first film as director and clearly he's aiming for an old fashioned epic. He pours his heart and mind into it, tying it up in a neat little bow into a message for insaniyat in the time of brutality, but I wish his lovers had been more ardent. And more suited to each other. He's a peacock and she's a swan and the twain shall never mate.

The film is set in the early 90's! Cell-phone and email were practically unknown in India during that time!
This line itself proves how bright the reviewer is!
vssaras thumbnail
anaakhan93 Anaa Khan 

@sonamakapoor WoW WoW WoW! Watched #MOUSAM what a beautiful love story!! Plz u all do go n watch it! Love u sonam n shahid;)

@JaYaNt_hAnDrIxX No she is very good this time.. Don't know abt u bt I liked her! Shahid is as always WOW! Lovely movie... Do watch!
Edited by vssaras - 12 years ago
LifeOLicious thumbnail
^Did he/she even see the movie!!!!!! It is the 90s...where was instant email and cell phone in the 90s! 
vssaras thumbnail

sikhedelic HarAngad Chhabra 
@sonamakapoor wat a movie!!! ? it!! U look fab!!!! Still hungover wid it!!

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
So far so good mostly positive which is gr8
and that email review is just funny well they didn't exist back than
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It's an average film which doesn't match for Pankaj's caliber...

Few highlights,
It reminded me Veer Zara a bit.
Shahid kapoor's best performance. He is the saving grace.
Sonam Kapoor looks beautiful, still needs to to know how to act. Disapoints.

There is another girl, her performace is terrific.

Way better than recent garbage movies I have seen..