I am a hotblooded Punjabi Boy - Shahid/VBnote:pg2

desihamesha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
By Guneet Wadera - Filmicafe.com, 20 September 2011
http://www.filmicafe.com/celebrity_interview_detail.php?interview_id=1239

Oh Captain My Captain... is the first fleeting thought that comes to mind as Shahid Kapoor - a perfectly coiffed moustache, dressed in an Air Force uniform, swagger intact walks across the screen.

Mausam is more than just another film for Shahid. He's immersed himself in playing Harry, absolved himself of taking on any work while Mausam was in the making and as the time gone on his attachment to it has only increased multifolds. Filmicafe exclusively caught up with Shahid on the journey of Mausam as it nears culmination.

I did Mausam to learn as an actor
The whole approach and idea behind doing Mausam was to learn as an actor. I've never been trained in acting and on this film I had the best to learn from. So I got to do something and learn something I hadn't done or known before.

There's a journey of ten years for my character and that's when I really turned to and counted on dad as an actor. He always says on the big screen there's just more to it. It's not about making a hundred expressions - It's about feeling the scene and being honest.

I remember Sonam as a chubby-podgy kid
When I was performing in Amsterdam for a function about seven years back, I remember Sonam as a chubby-podgy kid shopping all over the place and since then we've kind of bumped into each other a lot more.

We spent a year and half together working on this film. I would say she's a good friend, she's someone I get along with and she's somebody who is really special to me because she's a part of Mausam which is an extremely special film for me.

Tera mera hona to hai, Tere mere hone se
The songs represent the entire journey of love between Harry and Ayaat.

There's a line in one of the songs called Poore Se Zara Sa Kam Hain which goes 'Tera mera hona to hai, Tere mere hone se' which is a beautiful line that speaks for itself.

The same line said twice says everything about love, unconditional love between two people who are soulmates or made for each other and are meant to spend their lives together. Just them being in this world is the reason why they are meant to be and for me that's Harry and Ayaat.

Mauja Hi Mauja and Nagada to Mallo Malli and Sajh Dhajke
I am a hot-blooded Punjabi boy and an equally hot-blooded Muslim boy so I've got those two inside me and both are in competition (laughs).

I love dancing and I'm very happy doing these Bhangra songs. Bhangra is probably the happiest type of dance and also the most imperfect one, you don't have to worry about doing anything perfectly. It's about thoroughly enjoying yourself and having fun.

Mausam is the most special role of my career
It's a huge compliment first of all that my father thought me worthy of it and wrote the film with me in mind, although I did run after for a couple of years which drove him crazy (laughs).

I feel it's a decision he took not for any other reason but because he felt that I had already been seen as an actor in my 15 or so films. So instead of going ahead with any script he might have written that was not right for me, he felt it was better to write something that takes me forward as an actor from what people have seen from me till now.

In many ways I feel Mausam is definitely the most special role of my career.
Edited by desigrl05 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
acha!!😕😕 but PC told that u r very cold in bed😆😆😆😆
vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: fire_gun

acha!!😕😕 but PC told that u r very cold in bed😆

Did she come and whisper in your ears...😛
fire_gun thumbnail
Originally posted by: vssaras

Did she come and whisper in your ears...😛

yeah she did...come on!!! it was just teasing comment..😊 nothing against shahid iam just trying to have fun😊
lilly_star thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
I remember Sonam as a chubby-podgy kid
When I was performing in Amsterdam for a function about seven years back, I remember Sonam as a chubby-podgy kid shopping all over the place and since then we've kind of bumped into each other a lot more.

^^I liked this part from the whole interview.😃
Hot blooded Punjabi..lol...yaar hamaari besti na kar.

When I was performing in Amsterdam for a function about seven years back, I remember Sonam as a chubby-podgy kid

yep. 20-year-old kid sucking lollipop  

Edited by bamboocopter - 12 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Yeah and I'm a hot Mirpuri girl from Azad Kashmir ðŸ¤ª
respect123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hot??? ROFL ...this made my day.
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awww...Shahid blowing your own trumpet.
Sure there are plenty in the Industry who will vouch for the HOTness...