Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

solembaum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: momma1128

It's an interesting conversation going on.

It's just a matter of perception of what you consider mature and not mature.  Justified behavior and unjustified behavior.  18 years old is not old, but it is also not young in the sense of understanding consequences.

ASR has always been a jerk to her and is pretty consistent with it.  He also has moments of actual human behavior, with Anjali, with Khushi, with Mami and Mama and Akash.  This flip side has been shown slowly and gradually throughout the show.

Khushi used to be consistent in her forwardness with ASR, and her avoidance of him.  He would challenge her and she would rise to the occassion and give it back.  He initiated and in those circumstances, she was absolutely right to not give him the time of day.  But that was the old Khushi before she accepted the job at the RM.  After that, I find her behavior puzzling.  

She is shown to be very mature about certain things with all people, including ASR and the way she stopped him from continuing with his aukat rant (which I can't stand) and for apologizing.  I think though this is where people find her incongruous.  After realizing what kind of person ASR is - why do the very things you know will feed into his preconceived notion about you?  As viewers we understand very well that ASR is not going to be one to let anything go and I believe Khushi understands that too.  Lecturing him on his lack of character for live in, tricking him into aarti, and now planting the idea of marriage in La's head.  She absolutely knew what she had done would have this effect, so yes, that is why it seems she is running from the consequences of her instigation.

And the CV's have further made it seem immature by having her avoid the conversation in a very calculating manner of faking fainting (I hope that there is a very good reason for this).  Some people feel that it is quite within Khushi to avoid a fight, but the nuance in this particular instance is that she indeed had started it, whereas before ASR purposely brought the fight to her.  I think this is what has rubbed most people in the wrong direction.  At 18 years old, most people know, if you play with fire, you will get burned.

Anu(hope I have got the name correct.. I seem to remember the name from some of your other posts) , The only thing I would see differently here is that while the pooja thing khsuhsi defly did not have a strong enough reason ( I mean whatever supposed ishara from god) , the marriage  is just part of her job ... She was not just out of the blue coming out and giving her opinion on that... she is asked to make la a sanskaari bahu who will be acceptable to ASRs family... and she did that... so it wasn't really done with the intent of initiating the fight... she was invited into the midst of a situation which her sensibilities find offensive... and the sensibilities of ASRs family also is very similar to Khushi... Every one had just made an uneasy truce with the situation and Nani had given a deadline as well of one month... so Khushi is doing a job... not with the intent of taking panga with ASR... true somewhere she must have realised it would make him mad... But I never felt that was the intent of her convincing Lavanya... she did not have any mean thoughts regarding the marriage thing... and while the fainting was defly not a nice thing to do... in my opinion atleast that doesn't make her a lesser person or a coward totally... you judge someone based on everything you have seen about that person... so I atleast feel that while the faint scene was totally avaoidable... that does not mean she has now become a coward or she is shirking responsibility... every time she has fought back when she had no other option... she is just doing the same now also... she wants to avoid him by hook or crook... that is all... so while I too had the discomfort regarding the fainting scene ( may be to a lesser extent than most of you) , I won't call her as totally ruined for me... or horrible or anything even close to that.. that is all...
My discomfort is also ONLY regarding the fainting scene, which seemed totally childish and immature...otherwise I don't see why she should give him the time of the day...

Her job is with Lavanya and she has been hired by Anjali to teach Lavanya the Indian sanskaars (as ridiculous as it may sound...poor Lavanya! )...She is here to groom Lavanya to nani ji's liking...And she is doing whatever is in her power...

It is Arnav who needs to find his right targets...If he has a problem with what Khushi is teaching Lavanya ,he needs to go talk it out with Anjali/Lavanya/Nani...and NOT harass Khushi with his rage...

And I read someone mentioning how KKG has to be thankful to Arnav for saving her life 'so many' times...er...when is this 'so many' times??? and what according to you should she be doing to express her gratitude??? 😆

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: solembaum

Anu(hope I have got the name correct.. I seem to remember the name from some of your other posts) , The only thing I would see differently here is that while the pooja thing khsuhsi defly did not have a strong enough reason ( I mean whatever supposed ishara from god) , the marriage  is just part of her job ... She was not just out of the blue coming out and giving her opinion on that... she is asked to make la a sanskaari bahu who will be acceptable to ASRs family... and she did that... so it wasn't really done with the intent of initiating the fight... she was invited into the midst of a situation which her sensibilities find offensive... and the sensibilities of ASRs family also is very similar to Khushi... Every one had just made an uneasy truce with the situation and Nani had given a deadline as well of one month... so Khushi is doing a job... not with the intent of taking panga with ASR... true somewhere she must have realised it would make him mad... But I never felt that was the intent of her convincing Lavanya... she did not have any mean thoughts regarding the marriage thing... and while the fainting was defly not a nice thing to do... in my opinion atleast that doesn't make her a lesser person or a coward totally... you judge someone based on everything you have seen about that person... so I atleast feel that while the faint scene was totally avaoidable... that does not mean she has now become a coward or she is shirking responsibility... every time she has fought back when she had no other option... she is just doing the same now also... she wants to avoid him by hook or crook... that is all... so while I too had the discomfort regarding the fainting scene ( may be to a lesser extent than most of you) , I won't call her as totally ruined for me... or horrible or anything even close to that.. that is all...

Yes it's Anu.  And your name is? - I do not want to assume from your IF id.😊
I agree with you re: La - that is why I haven't mentioned anything regarding her responsibilities with La and teaching her to dress or cook in a way that appeals to the Raizada's.  The issue I had was with Khushi planting the seed that marriage is the way you will get to keep ASR.  I understand completely that Khushi finds the live in situation offensive and inspite of it, she is staying because of the money.  But, her job as I see it, is to make La become bahu-like in her responsibilities - not to actually BECOME a bahu.  And she had this conversation with La after her run-in with ASR in his car where he very specifically told her to mind her own business about his marriage and/or live in with La.  I certainly do not hate Khushi - I think the CV's need to do a better job in developing her character to an extent where half the forum isn't scratching their head thinking - would Khushi have really done that.
solembaum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Yes it's Anu.  And your name is? - I do not want to assume from your IF id.😊
I agree with you re: La - that is why I haven't mentioned anything regarding her responsibilities with La and teaching her to dress or cook in a way that appeals to the Raizada's.  The issue I had was with Khushi planting the seed that marriage is the way you will get to keep ASR.  I understand completely that Khushi finds the live in situation offensive and inspite of it, she is staying because of the money.  But, her job as I see it, is to make La become bahu-like in her responsibilities - not to actually BECOME a bahu.  And she had this conversation with La after her run-in with ASR in his car where he very specifically told her to mind her own business about his marriage and/or live in with La.  I certainly do not hate Khushi - I think the CV's need to do a better job in developing her character to an extent where half the forum isn't scratching their head thinking - would Khushi have really done that.

Shamim... my name :-) I somehow feel that part of making her aware of indian culture and the reeti riwaz will also include marriage right?? But yeah her definition was pretty simplistic and unidimensional ( I would assume it is a case of explaining in a language the audience in question (lavanya) will understand)... which is why I never felt it was an intentional interference meant to make ASR see red... anyway hoping to see better progression in the story going forward and hopefully Khushi will stop evoking these strong negative reactions also sometime soon... not sure...  Lets hope for the best and I really hope this wont be one in the list of serials I drop half way...

lakshmi_SG thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: DiyaS

Add me to the minority here ...

TM, I don't know if you just watch the Arnav scenes with more attention ... and not the Khushi ones at all ... because you say everyday they show a more beautiful side of arnav ... and what about Khushi ... did you not see the scene with her father where she speaks about being adopted and yet doing all she can for her family? Which includes, in case you missed it, being insulted, humiliated and laughed at in the Raizada house ... she takes it all and smiles ... Is it the fact that she's not the usual weeping silent Bhartiya nari who puts up with everything that is upsetting you? Is she supposed to put up with everything that is dished out to her and not react to it at all? Why should she listen to ASR when he just ordered her rudely to stay straight, not walk away and not even move her hand while he talks to her??? Yes, she pretended to faint, yes she doesn't want to hear more about her aukat and middle class crap from him ... and she can't be rude straight off ... not till she is really backed into a corner and has no escape ... because surprise, surprise, she does remember that she has a job to keep!

Arnav has a certain character, he is supposed to be rude and brusque with everyone ... so when he shows the slightest bit of tender emotions, like the feelings for Anjali or the concern for Khushi, everyone gushes and goes ooohh and aahhh .. he's so sweet to Khushi, why is she so mean to him?

And Khushi is supposed to be sweet and smiling with everyone ... including with those who insult her like Mami and Blah so when she is NOT that with Arnav, everyone finds fault with her character ... she is immature and a coward ... have people forgotten that she is the only one who actually stands up to Arnav and fights ... but she does it when she is truly cornered and has no option ... or like in the car scene, when he drives her to it - he locked the door and told her she wasn't going anywhere till she answered ... so she did ...  AND also had the guts to seek him out and apologise when she made a mistake ...  Because it takes courage to admit your mistake ... she has that in spadeloads ...

the whole point is that they are both NOT their usual selves with each other ...

Sorry for this long rant , but honestly this really gets to me!!!  People need to separate the actor from the character ... BS is dishy and makes a great ASR, but BS himself says there is nothing likeable about his character and it's pretty 'khatarnak' ... and likewise Khushi is supposed to be naive and immature ... but courageous when needed ... darti hai par karti hai is her tagline, and I think Khushi is being exactly that. And if both the leads were perfect from the start, there would be no evolution of characters, just a simple falling in love story ... I am hoping this is far more than that!

@Divya: Loved your post and completely agree with you...as mentioned by you khushi can be summed up as "darti hai par karti hai"...well within her characterisation. Beautiful  post once again.