Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

4Lions --Is the PH Acting Hpocritical

Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Friends u all must be wondering why I am calling 4Lions hypocrite. But when we think back to the past 3-4 months many actions of the PH have been hypocritical. In the sense that they claim to love their show GHSP, which took them to the pinnacles of success very much whereas in fact they have been doing their best to sabotage their own show. Pls correct me if I am mistaken but I have now realised how adversely some of their actions have adversely affected GHSP.

1. They started their new show on SP and the initial episodes were a scene by scene rip off from Geet. (Sorry but I saw only the first 4 episodes of the new show and I felt that i was watching a poor remake of Geet so I gave it up). Either they did not have any creative ideas to think of new and different scenes or they wanted to show that another lead pair could work the same magic as Maneet/Gurti. (A totally misplaced idea as according to me there can be no pair which can even close to the magical Maneet/Gurti leave alone better them in the acting and chemistry arena).

2. That over then the Team members began show-hopping, leaving Geet and joining the SP show. In the process the MU and Amritsar track was being dragged endlessly.

3. Then came the bankruptcy track, the ML and NT's return/. All could have been well developed and the show could have gone on for a further 100 or more episodes but except the ML track all were abruptly ended...Why was that done? No logical answer to these questions again shows the step-motherly treatment given to the show.

3. With Maan Singh re-joining the GHSP team we had a ray of hope for the show's survival, and for a short span it did pick up (TRPs and on-line viewing did increase). But unfortunately now fate had something else in store for our show. GC-DD took ill and GC is still not 100% fit. Hence came the need for a filler track.

4. Now lastly tell me friends could the Cvs/PH not have thought of a better filler track than the one they chose? If my personal opinion is asked about it I would say we have some way better and talented writers who write FF's and OS's for us than MP who claims to be a writer.

Today 4Lions has asked us viewers to request SO to extend the show as they say the channel may end it soon. If this is not being hypocritical then what else is it? Just one more question I want to ask the PH….What have u all done to save the show and to assure that the channel extends it? Do u all have an answer to this question? So far as I can see all ur efforts are being directed to increase the TRPs and the viewership of ur new show at the expense of GHSP.

Friends correct me if I am wrong in the above points and  apologise if I have stepped on any toes or have hurt anyone's feelings but IU have only stated my POV and expressed the truth as I see it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
It certainly looks like a game plan by the channel and the Ph NOT to have a game plan at all for the show!

All that you said are valid.

Still, it's very confusing as to why they should deliberately go about destroying the show at the risk of affecting their own reputation ...it will surely affect their future projects.

.Also, such a deliberate act makes them appear very heartless towards the numerous cast and crew who work so hard round the clock through sickness and health.

I, for one, have already decided not to make the mistake of watching any more of their projects as I feel that they can't be trusted to see a show through properly.

As for the show not fitting into the revamped Star Desh, why not? It's all about family, isn't it? Only one small but essential thing is missing, though...no family values as per the last few episodes.
Mehek25 thumbnail
I agree with u Pippa. But I just got this gut feeling that they were truly neglecting the show. I mean see how much of this show is repeated in their new one? I don't watch that show but occasionally I take a peek at it just to see how much of GHSP they are repeating in it. And believe me almost ALL the lead pairs interaction scenes are the same as Maneet's. The same expressions, the same falls, the same way MSK used to behave initially...The anger mixed with concern..etc, etc. But sorry to say they can't evoke the same magic that Maneet/Gurti did...at least not in me.

And like u I will never watch any of their shows henceforth as I too can't trust them.

As for the reason could me the channel's demand so that viewers will shift their loyalty to the new show. Don't know their way of thinking but this is the only logical reason I can find.
Armu4eva thumbnail
Lovely post and i echo ur opinion..!! The show has been downhill since a long time... Holi .. MU.. Amritsar... fastforwarding the  Bankruptcy/ NT tracks... n now this lamest of th lame filler track..!! Definitely th show has been ignored by the makers... n it can be seen... anyone who will watch the HP track n the Delhi track will realise ... the difference between What Geet was. .n What it has become..!! Sad days indeed..!!

The status update of the ph.. is definitely worrysome.. since just last week we got Telly Tadka sharing that the show is not ending n most likely getting an extension! Well desperate times call for desperate measures... so right now.. m focussing on Saving the Show...What can be done about the tracks.. i guess we can work on it subsequently..!!
Craziest_MG thumbnail
You are absolutely right... 4 Lions have ruined the show...i just hate them...i'm never going to watch their any show in future...
Mehek25 thumbnail
Tanu i don't trust the PH one bit. They are definitely not to be trusted and their actions overt he past few months speak volumes in that department.

Should the inevitable actually happen I only hope that some other better and more reliable PH comes forward and grabs these two for a new show and that too on a more reliable and better channel like Colours or Sony.

Actually SO can also do that. make a Season 2 of Geet with Gurti. but i have my doubts now about this channel. Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for one of the two things to happen...1) That SO wakes up to the fact that Gurti are the most popular pair on TV and comes up with an extension or Season 2 of GHSP...or 2) another PH realises their worth and casts them in a new show. All we can do is wait and watch I guess, and of course hope and pray for the best to happen for our fav show.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Your post is beautifully written and summarises exactly the current state of things. I was so irritated to learn that the PH had the audacity to tell us to fight for the show. What have they left us to fight for?

As for the other show, I think they were trying to capitalise on what they thought "worked" for GHSP, that is the out and out romantic, Mills and Boon love story. However, what they failed to realise was of course, as you stated, neither is Maaneet/Gurti, both their chemistry and their individual performances, something that can be easily recaptured, nor did the love story of GHSP work from the chemistry of the leads alone. The presence of Geet's past trauma with a relevant social issue, bolstered what would have otherwise been a cliched love story.

It was a combination of many things that made GHSP magical and I am beginning to realise it was probably some sort of miraculous accident that all these things came together perfectly in the first months of the show. The PH don't actually seem  to know what they are doing, and are just floundering, grasping for traces of a story.

The bankruptcy track had so much potential and I loved all the possibilities it suggested (if you remember we had some great discussions at the time) as a long term track. Because I loved bankruptcy and wanted it for longer, I hated the idea of ML but was impressed in spite of myself, especially with some great performances, direction and the weeks when NT was causing havoc.

But the minute NT exited, she took everything good with her and this was WEEKS before the leads were ill. Our complaints didn't start with this filler track, something the creators fail to understand.

Now it has even been suggested, by Maan himself that he may never get his memory back. To me, that is the worst possible move the CVs could make, to distance the show further from the only thing that continues to carry it, the memories of Maan and Geet's romance, struggle and union.

They can still do damage control if they write a track where we find out that Geet assumes Dev must have told Nandini about the past and is shocked and appalled to learn he hasn't and tells Nandini herself, while being disgusted at Dev. THAT should have been the new promo. 😡 All could end happily (if it must) but this much is needed to save Geet's character from complete ruin.

I don't know if I even want the show to be saved, because if it is, just imagine yesterday's episode and precap, and today's promo as a preview of the Desh-y show it will probablyl become on StarDesh.