Uttaran

why are people so against iccha - Page 2

thnkdiffrnt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I agree...its nice to see a character evolve...and clearly Tapasya's character has a lot more dimensions..and from a viewers standpoint more interesting to watch...  but if I had a choice ..i would much rather be around an Iccha in real life than a tapasya...

But if Iccha tries to be mahaan then Tapasya has never felt a moral responsibility towards anyone...

When one is poor one has far fewer choices...  Despite being nice so many are maligning her...i cannot even imagine how much worse it would be if the characters were swapped...ie Tapasya be really nice and Ichha be self absorbed and a narcissist. 

our interpretation of the characters says so much more about us than the characters...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rakun 4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
its simple bcz she is shown dumbest character ever
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: ankit111

I m also not Ichchha fan and whn a character is portrayed unpractical and over mahan, its irritate me. i always believe negative characters r like masala in food, and they make serial interesting,i love to watch negative character stooping low to lowest, but its irritate, whn its hsown tht they r constantly succeeding in their evil plan. i love to watch villains get their due after doing crimes and not enjoy the life, while positive character suffering all the time. Ichchha may be dumb and irritating, but whn we criticize her we cant suspect her intention. if she saved the child, left for dying, we can criticize her dumbness for not informing to police but we cant say her BABY ROBBER. wht ever she hs done wrong only due to her dumbness and due to her TAPU LOVE or the burden of ahsan. Intentionally she hd never done anything wrong. 
on the otherhand Tapu did all crime DUE TO HER OWN CREATED ILLUSSION, WITH BAD INTENTION, WITH WELL PLANNED WAY. if Ichchha is irritating due to her dumbness, Tapu is irritating going scot free for all her crimes and enjoying the life, while other good characters r still suffering.
wht ever Tapu got back so far, ONLY DUE TO HER OWN MISTAKES or by the nature. NO BODY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. while other people r suffering for Tapu's deed. But for those crimes which she hs done to make others life hell, neither she is repenting nor she hs got any punishment. SHE IS CRYING FOR HER OWN PAIN AND NOT BECOZ SHE IS REPENTING. THE DAY SHE WILL START CRYING FOR OTHERS PAIN, I WILL SAY SHE HS IMPROVED.
loving a character for intertainment purpose is not wrong, i also love negative Tapu to be punished, but whn we discuss, we cant justify their act. whn people say tht except Ichchha murder attepmt she hs done nothing wrong, thn this is not just liking for entertainment purpose but this is justification of her evil act. u accept it or not, but this is fact.

I totally agree. I usually don't take Tappu's side. She has made her share of mistakes, mistake is a mild word to describe what she has done. I hate it when bad characters keep getting away with things, or when their redemption loses value by the constant twists and turns in their character. One day the character is good, the 2nd day the character is bad. I remember Jigyasa from Kasamh se. She was overall a negative character. However she was a very strong character, she was interesting. I loved it every time they redeemed her but as always she would always turn back evil. I wish for once they would show true growth, and show a character with sincerity.

I won't lie, when it comes to Tapasya and Iccha I do like Taps better. Mainly because I like Rashmi's acting so she usually gets to me. Also the range of emotions she can go through is entertaining I guess. I don't like her in a way where I want her with Veer or anything. I don't mind her crying, I don't mind her losing everything. I simply like Rashmi's acting so I like watching what she can do with the character given to her. I wish her character was more consistent though.

varun.tap thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
because ichcha is too sleepy πŸ₯± πŸ˜† and make us to sleep after seen her...πŸ˜†
Edited by varun.tap - 12 years ago
varun.tap thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rakun 4eva

its simple bcz she is shown dumbest character ever

yeah bilkul correct πŸ‘total agree...πŸ˜† πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜Š isse badi bakwass aur dumb character maine kahi nahi dekha...😳
ankit111 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Perfangel5655

<font color="#006699" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I totally agree. I usually don't take Tappu's side. She has made her share of mistakes, mistake is a mild word to describe what she has done. I hate it when bad characters keep getting away with things, or when their redemption loses value by the constant twists and turns in their character. One day the character is good, the 2nd day the character is bad. I remember Jigyasa from Kasamh se. She was overall a negative character. However she was a very strong character, she was interesting. I loved it every time they redeemed her but as always she would always turn back evil. I wish for once they would show true growth, and show a character with sincerity.

I won't lie, when it comes to Tapasya and Iccha I do like Taps better. Mainly because I like Rashmi's acting so she usually gets to me. Also the range of emotions she can go through is entertaining I guess. I don't like her in a way where I want her with Veer or anything. I don't mind her crying, I don't mind her losing everything. I simply like Rashmi's acting so I like watching what she can do with the character given to her. I wish her character was more consistent though.</font>

its absolutely logical view. If everybody start thinking like tht, there wd not be fight.everybody hv their own liking, but whn people start posting illogical things due to their personal choices thn problem arise. Some people even go to the extend to misinterpret constitution to defend a reel character, Thts not acceptable. As concern to acting its personal choice. I find both Rashami and Tina average. I like Ayub khan most. So its absolutely personal choice.but it dosnt mean tht we sd defend action of ur choice actor anyhow.
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Dont like ichcha's character because she is too dumb and artificial. She just gains sympathy by showing what a bechari she is. I've no respect for her. All her life she has taken wrong decisions
causing others unnecessary pain and grief. She is indesicive, a weakling pathetic even though she is educated. Damini being uneducated is much better and is capable to take hard decisions. Ok she cud hve revealed Tapu calling jogi when she was getting married to veer but she sacrificed herself unnecessaryly she got married to vansh when she cud see that mai is using her and it is not gud to marry in tapu's sasural she let tapu walk all over her deliberately agn her fault how dare anyone manipulate you?  she new tapu is not carrying veer's child yet agn she hid the fact rather then exposing her she hid from veer who is supposed to be her husband life partner that he is sterile thinking he will get hurt agn stupid decision u r not suppose to hide such important facts from your life partner. When tapu's secret was revealed in front of entire bundela pariwar she did not tell that rathor was tapu's babies father she did not show veer's medical report. How stupid can you get. Ichcha deservd what she got all bcoz of her dumb habits. Sacrifice when you are doing someone some gud but by ichcha's sacrifice who benefitted nobody. Had ichcha had taken tough decisions at the time of her marriage to veer then none of what happened wud hve happened but then Uttaran would have finished a long time back. πŸ˜†
crisps21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
First and foremost, I must clarify that I am a Veecha fan.. because of the awesome chemistry between those two characters and because of what all they've gone through.

I haven't been watching this serial for the past 2.5 years, but I watched all 650+ episodes in the last couple of MONTHS... so I have a pretty good memory of what Ichha did and what Tapasya did in the serial, as my 'watching experience' is pretty recent as compared to many of you who've been following this serial either from the beginning or somewhere near that.

PLUS, since I became a big fan of Uttaran, I have also downloaded all (most of) those episodes to my own computer and have watched some episodes repeatedly...

Ichha is definitely shown as unrealistically good... It is not possible for a normal human being to be THAT good-hearted no matter how much they love someone!
It was okay to show her trying to hide her good deeds AND Tappu's bad deeds just after the 10-yr leap, because just before the leap they had shown baby Tappu asking for baby Ichha's promise that she won't 'divide' Tappu's father's love and another promise from Ichha to Ammo (which is also shown a gazillion times in flashbacks) ke 'tu wada kar tu babyji ko humesha khush rakhegi'... 

Because of these two promises and the extent to which Ichha went to KEEP those promises, they have shown her go through things that NO NORMAL HUMAN BEING would have gone through and STILL loved Tappu...

So Ichha has her share of dumb things - hiding stuff from her husband just to keep his feelings from getting hurt... hiding the truth from Tappu's parents just to keep Tappu happy - as per her promise to Ammo... were all wrong-doings on her part.

But essentially, whether people agree or not, Ichha is the positive character in this serial and she hasn't been shown manipulating, calculating or being villainous anywhere... at least not deliberately. Not to mention, she didn't have the blessings of a mentor like "Nani".

I mean, I can get annoyed by her too-sweet, too-goody-goody attitude, but FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I cannot understand how people can support a negative character.

I had the shock of my life when I came to this forum and ACTUALLY SAW people being fans of Tapasya and defending her crimes/sins/misdeeds with the weirdest of explanations!!

I came to this forum thinking that I would find people supporting positive things in life... even if they don't like Veer and Ichha, even if they think Veer is brainless/spineless (and a lot worse things I've read about him) AT LEAST they should take the side of things that are positive in life and not vicious, mean, calculating like Tapasya!!
I really was shocked to see how someone can support a negative character so much???

Since I got the shock of my life that there are fans of Tapasya, the other thing doesn't come as much of a surprise, because OBVIOUSLY those who support Tapasya would hate (or at least strongly dislike) Ichha!

Main wo sab reasons parh chuki hoon (aur unmein se kuch reasons se agree bhi karti hoon) jinki wajah se Tapasya ka character negative dikhaya gaya hai... lekin kyunke maine yeh serial 2.5 SAAL ki duration mein nahi, 2.5 MAHEENAY ki duration mein dekha hai, to mere dimagh mein bohat se scenes fresh hain, aur bohat se incidents fresh hain... aur un incidents ko yaad karke mujhe HARGIZ nahi lagta ke Tapasya ke saath koi na-insaafi hui hai!!
Jo kuch bhi usney socha, apne maan-baap ke pyar ko lekar ya 'share' karne ko lekar wo sirf ek illusion tha... Ichha ne kabhi jaan-boojh kar koshish nahi ki usko uske maan-baap se alag karne ki, ya apni taraf karne ki.
Mujhe achi tarah yaad hai ke wo Veer se bhi shadi karne se inkaar kar rahi thi sirf isliye kyunke Veer Tapasya ko dekhne aaya tha... aur wo Nani ke kehne par ek sharab bechney wale se shadi karne ko raazi hogayee thi takeh Tapasya-Veer ke raaste se hat jaye.
KHUD Tapasya ne Veer se jaan churayee... aur phir jab Veer Ichha ka rishta lekar aaye to aise Veer ko 'daan' mein diya jaise Veer par usi ka haq tha.
Yeh sab incidents mere dimagh mein fresh hain... aur jaise hi usne dekha ke Veer Ichha ko expensive gifts de raha hai, and he's romancing her like a true lover, she started getting jealous.
Paisey ki usko koi kami nahi thi ke wo paisey ki laalach mein Veer ko chahne lagti... ALL she wanted was Ichha NOT to get all that happiness because she was a naukrani ki beti living on her "uttaran".

Sorry for going off-topic here, I am quite addicted to this serial and hope they start showing some serious changes in the characters so that both the fan groups stop going at each others' throats every time there's an Ichha-Tapasya argument!!
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@crisps i agree that u've watched this recently & its fresh in ur mind!!but though we r watching it from the start doesn't mean we don't rem. in fact each of the incidents u mentioned we rem it clearly. 😊😊so i agree wid u that nowhere injustice was done 2 taps!!

even i also get irritated by icchha's 2 much gudness & that 2 wen she gets only brickbats 4 it even from the prsn 4 whom she'd done always gud!!but i can widstand her stupidities bcoz atleast her intentions r never 2 harm any1 intentionally!!and our action's consequences r so vast that we don't know wat"ll cum out of it so its only intentions that matters or makes the action gud or bad!!like in Gita Lord Krishna'd said that humans've only actions not its consequences or results. thats in Lord's hands!!😊😊