Posted: 12 years ago

Ranbir Kapoor More Pics
His personal life is anything but personal and the link-ups with his co-stars, infamous. ButRanbir Kapoor has no qualms leading the life of a "Rockstar". The actor who was in town to unveil the poster of his forthcoming film gets candid about his love for women, the late Shammi Kapoor, working with Nargis Fakhri, South star Ileana and more. 

Ranbir who has been making headlines for his various link-ups, says he enjoys the casanova tag, but wishes his life was actually as "exaggerated" as they make it out to be. "Initially it was embarrassing. Now, it's okay. I enjoy it sometimes. Not everything written is a lie though. Eighty per cent of it is the truth, the exaggerated version, of course. They make my life out to be more glamorous than it actually is. On the contrary, I lead a very simple life. I wake up, brush my teeth, go to work and come back home," says Ranbir. 

So, is the actor currently seeing someone or is he single? "Yes I am single, I'm not married and I love women. I'm very heterosexual, so dating women is something I'm not ashamed of. But my love life is not as exciting as it is reported to be." 

But did this charming lover-boy have his heart broken? "Of course, everyone has. The pain is however, not as melodramatic as it is in the movies. One day, when I was speaking to director Imtiaz, he summed up the film beautifully in these few lines - 'In life, there is that one person whom you deeply love and that same person can also destroy you, but this is what makes you who you are. And the film is about that journey'," says the 28-year old Kapoor lad. 

The actor, who was also linked to his "Rockstar" co-star Nargis Fakhri, can't stop raving about her. "Nargis told me that the day she first met Imtiaz, it took her probably three hours to know him completely. They shared their life stories with each other. The kind of work she has put into this film, considering she has never acted in her life and has hardly watched any Hindi films, amazed us. She is the surprise of this film." 

Ranbir, who recently lost his grand uncle Shammi Kapoor, recalls how he and Imtiaz "conned" the veteran actor into playing a small but pivotal role in "Rockstar". "It was only justified that we rope in the original rockstar of Indian cinema for a film like this. Imtiaz and I decided that he would be perfect for the small but pivotal role of a shehnai player called Ustad. But he was not too physically fit. Imtiaz and I landed up at his place and offered him the movie. He was reluctant, but we conned him into doing it," says Ranbir . 

"The sets would come alive when he was around. He'd come prepared with his dialogues and would never complain, despite his condition. Everyone was happiest when Mr Shammi Kapoor was on the sets." 

Currently, Ranbir is also busy shooting for "Barfi" starring Priyanka Chopra and South star Ileana, who will be making her B-Town debut with this flick. When quizzed about working with Ileana, he says, "It is always great to work with somebody who is good at their job and doesn't take their stardom for granted. I've not interacted too much with Ileana, but she is approaching her first Hindi film with a lot of confidence, sincerity and honesty. " 
The actor, who landed in Hyderabad on Sunday night, has made it a point to get his hands on some authentic Hyderabadi biryani and kebabs at an eatery in Banjara Hills. "The Hyderabadi biryani was really tasty. It tasted 'original'," he quips. 
why is he declaring hes hetrosexual ? have their been doubtsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
We can tell how heterosexual you are mate:)  don't have to put it up on a placard and announce it..unless someones asks you or if you have something to hide.
you are  very sexual with co-star everyone knows thatπŸ˜†  heterosexual label kii kya jarurat thiπŸ˜†
Edited by fire_gun - 12 years ago
Sonam said Shahid is the most heterosexual man she has met in her life...I guess RK wants the crown for that...how dare Shahid takes it from me!  πŸ˜† Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago

I lead a very simple life. I wake up, brush my teeth, go to work and come back home," says Ranbir.

ahem!  so, your release is in bed room, not in your cinema, eh?  πŸ˜†

Is tht sum kind of new species  ?? πŸ€” πŸ˜†

Keep-------------Smiling !!!😊

Originally posted by LifeOLicious

Sonam said Shahid is the most heterosexual man she has met in her life...I guess RK wants the crown for that...how dare Shahid takes it from me!  πŸ˜†

MOST heterosexual!  πŸ˜•  what does that mean, Sona Bachcha? πŸ˜†

^usko poocho yaar! I asked her on twitter and called her mad haha! But going by RK I think it means "the most number of girlfiiends or high libido" LOLLL!
Originally posted by fire_gun

you are  very sexual with co-star everyone knows thatπŸ˜†  heterosexual label kii kya jarurat thiπŸ˜†

πŸ˜†