20th Sep (Krishna Ji Meet Sudama as Murli Manohar)

RadhaKrishan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello Friends...
So, Here is the update for tonight's Episode: -

The episode starts with Krishna saying that Sudama will get his form of help very soon. In the Jungle, Sudama was walking when Krishna Ji comes behind him. Sudama was having a lot of trouble and while climbing a small hill, he slipped and was about to fall, when krishna Ji hold his hand. Sudama looked at him. Krishna Ji suports Sudama and helps him to stand again. Sudama thanked him for holding his hand, and Krishna Ji replied back by saying that this is what he do always and its his duty. Krishna Ji touches his feet and SB. JV are shown smiling at Dwarka. Sudama said that We r of same age; then why r u touching my feet? Krishna Ji said that he is a Brahman.

Sudama ask his name, to which Krishna Ji replied back that his name is Murli Manohar. krishna Ji asked him that where is he going and why he is alone? Sudama said that he is going to Dwarda to meet Dwarkadheesh, he is not only his friend, but he is his God too. Krishna ji said that he also lives in Dwarka and he came here to leave his wife at her parent's home. Hearing this, JB and SB smiled. Krishna Ji continued by saying that its good he met him as he was having a lot of trouble to leave the place. Sudama said that He seems to be very strong, then why he was having so much trouble? Krishna ji said that he was leaving his wife here and thus, having the trouble. Sudama said that he should take krishna's name because only God will support him in his life. To this Krishna Ji joked that even Sudama is leaving his wife back there? Sudama got angry and left the place.

In Dwarka, SB ask Krishna Ji that why he is irritaing him, u r there to help ur friend??? Krishna ji replied back that he has met his friend after a long time, so its needed.

Back in Jungle, Sudama and Krishna Ji were walking, when Krishna ji said that can he ask something? Sudama replied that he is disturbing him again and again. He should take Krishna's name. Krishna Ji said that how can he take his name? and he is very curious about Krishna Ji's character. Sudama is his follower but he is not. krishna ji has 16000 wives, Is this right? Sudamae got angry again and warned Krishna Ji to not say a sngle word against him.He again left the place.

In Dwarka, Krishna Ji smiled and said that this is called Bhakti.

Back in Jungle, Krishna Ji came running towards Sudama and said that he will not say a work against Krishna Ji now, and he said Jai Shri Krishna and pleads Sudama to come with him in boat. Sudama and krishna Ji got settled in the boat. Sudama said that Murli Monahar doesnt listen to anyone. Krishna Ji addresses him as a friend. Sudama ji got disturbed after listening the work Friend, So he told him not to call him  that. Krishna Ji said that not today but one day, sudama will ask him to address him as his friend.

SB and JV smiled at this, and krishna Ji started playing flute, Sudama was enjoying it a lot. Sudama praised him and said that his flute reminds him of Krishan Kanhaiya.

While walking in jungle, sudama said that Murli manohar is a person with many faces. Krishna Ji smiled and replied back that many people call him with such names. Sudama feel down as a thorn stuck in his feet. Krishna Ji removed that and supported Sudama to walk. He took him in a cave. Krishna Ji cleaned the place and helped Sudama to sit there. Krishna Jileaves to get some water for Sudama.

Krishna ji came outside and joined his hands. A pot of water appears there and Krishna Ji smiled. He came back and said that he is very lucky that he found water nearby and saying this, he gave the pot to Sudama. Sudama drank the water. Krishna Ji looked at Sudama's feet and he started pressing them. Narada saw this and said that, Its a great thing and today,, the whole world will be jealous of Sudama. Because the whole world is waiting to serve their God, and today he is serving his friend.

Sudama told Krishna Ji to stop. Krishna ji said that His mother told him to serve Brahman, and thus, he is doing this. Please let him do this, but Sudama stopped him and ask him to take some rest and let him take his Krishna's name. Krishna Ji insisted him to take some food. Sudama was about to eat, when he suddenly stopped.

Sorry Guys, I missed the last 2 minute scene, as electricity went off. So, will edit it as soon as I got the link for online video.
Preet
Edited by -.Preet.- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I liked the episode.  Some painful parts were there, like Sudama's feet being pricked.  Also, did the original story have Sudama as such a masochist - not wanting his feet to be healed until he met Krishna?  I understand bhakti and all that, but assuming it was not there, I honestly think it's overdoing it.

One thing, though - wouldn't Sudama have remembered what Krishna looked like when Murli Manohar (I'm referring to the 2nd Krishna as Murli Manohar to keep him separate from the one w/ Jambavati/Satyabhama) when he met him?  That's the one part of this story that defies logic.  I can understand if Sudama was one of his Gokul friends whom Krishna's now seeing, but Sudama was Krishna's friend when they were teens, and so their looks wouldn't have changed all that much.

So tonight, they should have that promo of Sudama being turned away by Krishna's dwarpals?  Needlessly stretched out and overdramatized - in reality, Krishna would have asked his staff to keep an eye out for Sudama and bring him to him once he came.  Sometimes dramatizing things also results in the distortion in the characters, as well as twist the reality of how the support people would have acted.

Both Rama & Krishna had policies of being open to their subjects, so aside from appointments in order to ensure smooth functioning, nobody would have had to be turned away from the palace.  So when they show twists like in the ASR of a woman being turned away by Rama's guards, or here, Sudama being turned away by Krishna's, it really makes it look like neither Rama nor Krishna made any attempts to educate their staff about how they should act w/ the public.  Which doesn't reflect well on them, even if that wasn't the intention of the CVs.
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: _Vrish_

One thing, though - wouldn't Sudama have remembered what Krishna looked like when Murli Manohar (I'm referring to the 2nd Krishna as Murli Manohar to keep him separate from the one w/ Jambavati/Satyabhama) when he met him?  That's the one part of this story that defies logic.  I can understand if Sudama was one of his Gokul friends whom Krishna's now seeing, but Sudama was Krishna's friend when they were teens, and so their looks wouldn't have changed all that much.

More on the episode/track in general later but just had to say this exact question came to mind for me... when they did it in SK they put a tiny mustache on Murli Manohar to differentiate, but even that I wondered why Sudama didn't fall for... Clark Kent's glasses effect, mytho style 😆 Another little hole in their logic - when Jarasandh was introduced in the first week, we were told that he was mourning the one year anniversary of Kans's death and doing a yagya in honor of it. Within that one year, Krishna completed his education and by the time it was over, the tiny little kid they showed in the Gurukul flashback scene grew into Vishal ðŸ˜ē

Anywho, Sudama actor and the missus are both good in their roles and I'm that, if not the books, at least they're following the precedent as far as this track is concerned. It was stretched out beyond necessity, but it did provide some cute entertainment and deep messages along the way. I do think the thorns in the feet thing was overkill, I don't remember that being in the original so wonder why they chose this torturous tidbit as their original contribution. If Krishna hurts when his devotees hurt, and still the devotees choose to inflict unnecessary hurt on themselves, that ain't bhakti - it's bananas ðŸĪŠ

As for the disrespectful security guards thing - one of the main sources of Sudama legends is Narottamdas's medieval poem Sudama Charit, and while it doesn't have them turn him away, they do get shocked that this torn and tattered dhotiwala brahmin is claiming to be their king's friend and keep him waiting so they can confirm. They don't rudely voice their doubts to Sudama's face as they did in the promo, but hopefully the dialogue doesn't go on any longer and get any more crass than that.

Looking forward to when both of them finally meet, and here's hoping that it happens tomorrow!
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Thanks for the update, after watching other super fast tracks, this track is dragging, may be because they want to show the qualities of a true devotee. But at times so much pain, sorrow is unbearable.

Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update. I am here after long.

But still Rukmini did not come back is it or am I missing something.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Vinu

Rukmini has been gone since Narakasura's war ended - they're not going to show her for this track.  I do hope they find a substitute actress for her, particularly if they're going to show Pradhyumna's story next, which they have to b4 they get to the Pandavas.

Lola

Had the guards just asked Sudama to wait while they clarify whether this shabbily dressed mendicant is indeed Krishna's friend, that'd be okay, since anybody can claim to be Krishna's friend, and it is their job to provide security to the palace inmates.  But in the process of dramatizing, when they turn him away and Krishna has to go around looking for Sudama (something that would be unbelievable since they have Murli Manohar there to do that, in addition to Krisna's holographic Sudama channel 😆), it will reflect really badly on them.  But since they showed it in the precap, that's undoubtedly what they'll show
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Vrish,

I am only hoping that Pradyumna will not be shown as SB or JB's son. It would be better they go straight to Pandava story from here.
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: _Vrish_

Lola

Had the guards just asked Sudama to wait while they clarify whether this shabbily dressed mendicant is indeed Krishna's friend, that'd be okay, since anybody can claim to be Krishna's friend, and it is their job to provide security to the palace inmates. But in the process of dramatizing, when they turn him away and Krishna has to go around looking for Sudama (something that would be unbelievable since they have Murli Manohar there to do that, in addition to Krisna's holographic Sudama channel 😆), it will reflect really badly on them. But since they showed it in the precap, that's undoubtedly what they'll show

In the original, they showed the guards go to double check and meanwhile, Sudama starts feeling insecure seeing the opulence of the city... he himself starts to walk away thinking that he's sparing Krishna the embarrassment of having to associate with someone like him in front of this city of aristocrats (no random Aamod, so no contradiction in that matter 😆)... and that is why Krishna runs after him. It seems that even today they haven't gotten to this point so there's still a chance that this is how they'll cover it; methinks the reunion will be the last thing we see on Friday.