Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Vrinda- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
i think wat ahem done was right because kinjal was talking in such a rudy way to koki and she also said that kokishould  not have done her marriage with dawal.but i think she have gorgot why her mother had made her marriage,umng and her pregnency issues
ShaunSA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So since we seem to think slapping is ok in certain instances let's hope we see the following in SNS.

Parag slapping Koki for the way she treats him. Talk about no respect for your spouse. Mind you she may need more than just one slap. Maybe six or seven and she will be on the right path.

Ahem needs a good few slaps. Firstly for having no respect for Gopi. And then having no respect for his mother. He constantly questions her choice of wife for him despite constantly whining about how his mother can never do wrong.

Urmi will need about a dozen for her complete and utter lack of respect for herself, her husband, her daughter and her daughters marriage and in-laws.

And then we will have to start slapping Koki some more. Cos for someone who claims to be so morally perfect why the hell did she palm of her useless no skills I only know how to visit the beauty parlour and shop daughter into someone elses house without so much as teaching her to cook!

See how easy it is one we start running around slapping everyone they will all come right and be perfect wives/husbands/daughters/cons etc etc.

Get real folks. Violence is NEVER an answer!
Originally posted by: -Vrinda-

i think wat ahem done was right because kinjal was talking in such a rudy way to koki and she also said that kokishould  not have done her marriage with dawal.but i think she have gorgot why her mother had made her marriage,umng and her pregnency issues

she still did not deserve a slap, especially from a man who isnly 2-3 years older then her, if Koki did something it is still justified, he strongly disrespected her by doing that!
Originally posted by: ShaunSA

So since we seem to think slapping is ok in certain instances let's hope we see the following in SNS.

Parag slapping Koki for the way she treats him. Talk about no respect for your spouse. Mind you she may need more than just one slap. Maybe six or seven and she will be on the right path.

Ahem needs a good few slaps. Firstly for having no respect for Gopi. And then having no respect for his mother. He constantly questions her choice of wife for him despite constantly whining about how his mother can never do wrong.

Urmi will need about a dozen for her complete and utter lack of respect for herself, her husband, her daughter and her daughters marriage and in-laws.

And then we will have to start slapping Koki some more. Cos for someone who claims to be so morally perfect why the hell did she palm of her useless no skills I only know how to visit the beauty parlour and shop daughter into someone elses house without so much as teaching her to cook!

See how easy it is one we start running around slapping everyone they will all come right and be perfect wives/husbands/daughters/cons etc etc.

Get real folks. Violence is NEVER an answer!

exactly!👏👏
cupid-struck thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
the slap was wrong...just because kinjal raised her voice and said her opinion...
disrespecting her mom? did she verbally abuse her? she just made her point...

Edited by cupid-struck - 12 years ago
Snehabr thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nkapoor

the way Kinjal was treated, shows how sexist this show actually is, Kagri is a sexist character! Kinjal is right in what she said! and the slap was soo frikin unecessary, Indian Men have liberty to slap women, it disgusts me! that is no way to treat a woman! would Kinjal slap Ahem like this? then how can Ahem do the same?? Kinjal had a point, if her brother is living of his parents, then why is she dumped in the chawl? and why no one cares for her?? these bloody indian shows are not getting progressive, rather they are getting regressive, man these shows make me miss ekta mai!

Ahem's slap was for Kinjal being disrespectful to her mom rather than anything else.. He wasn't really showing that he is a man and she doesn't have the right to talk since she is a woman..  Yes in the real world you don't really slap anyone...in that situation...but its drama on TV!! Its the usual thing that girl live with their in-laws and boys with parents, hence Kinjal is in Chawl as her husband and in-laws are there! All shows depict what happens typically in one's country i guess (its not necessarily accurate)...so i wouldn't say its sexist show or regressive or something...my POV
Edited by Snehabr - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Snehabr

Ahem's slap was for Kinjal being disrespectful to her mom rather than anything else.. He wasn't really showing that he is a man and she doesn't have the right to talk since she is a woman..  Yes in the real world you don't really slap anyone...in that situation...but its drama on TV!! Its the usual thing that girl live with their in-laws and boys with parents, hence Kinjal is in Chawl as her husband and in-laws are there! All shows depict what happens typically in one's country i guess (its not necessarily accurate)...so i wouldn't say its regressive or something...my POV

it is regressive, if a man can work so can a woman! a husband should not slap his wife, nor a brother should slap his sister! he had no right to do that! she did not say anything that wrong! he did not understand Kinjal because he is used to the double standards of the society where a man gets all the properties and all the money and the women needs to live under her in-law's thumb! the slap was totally unecessary! I do find this show regressive, watch shows like KZK--in which prerna gets pregnant without marriage yet she raises it without getting married, she works in a corporate company before and after marriage, also wears jeans and t-shirts etc. and here Raashi got so much flak to wear jeans on holidays! Koki and Ahem's characters have a lot of double-standards attached to it!
Snehabr thumbnail

it is regressive, if a man can work so can a woman! a husband should not slap his wife, nor a brother should slap his sister! he had no right to do that! she did not say anything that wrong! he did not understand Kinjal because he is used to the double standards of the society where a man gets all the properties and all the money and the women needs to live under her in-law's thumb! the slap was totally unecessary! I do find this show regressive, watch shows like KZK--in which prerna gets pregnant without marriage yet she raises it without getting married, she works in a corporate company before and after marriage, also wears jeans and t-shirts etc. and here Raashi got so much flak to wear jeans on holidays! Koki and Ahem's characters have a lot of double-standards attached to it!

Well it sounds to me you took offense..I am sorry that was not the intention.. In some typical parts of India these things still happen.. And Ekta's show's also has parts of male chauvanism and feminism... I have watched and watch all her shows... But it doesn't really mean it happens that way!! Characters like Koki and Ahem do exist in the real world is what I am trying to say... I agree that they have a lot of double standards...but that situation was something else...I am not saying he did right by slapping her..It doesn't make or mean indian shows are sexist and regressive...But I see it as more of drama perspective!!
Originally posted by: Snehabr

Well it sounds to me you took offense..I am sorry that was not the intention.. In some typical parts of India these things still happen.. And Ekta's show's also has parts of male chauvanism and feminism... I have watched and watch all her shows... But it doesn't really mean it happens that way!! Characters like Koki and Ahem do exist in the real world is what I am trying to say... I agree that they have a lot of double standards...but that situation was something else...I am not saying he did right by slapping her...But I see it as more of drama perspective!!

I do understand that there are people who are like these two however they are positive characters on the show and if these characters promote such attitudes then how things will improve? such things should not be promoted in shows! negative characters can do all this, but positive characters should be positive, I am not saying that they should not be a product of their context, but they can be positive people of the context they belong to, if that makes sense
Snehabr thumbnail

I do understand that there are people who are like these two however they are positive characters on the show and if these characters promote such attitudes then how things will improve? such things should not be promoted in shows! negative characters can do all this, but positive characters should be positive, I am not saying that they should not be a product of their context, but they can be positive people of the context they belong to, if that makes sense

Sure it makes sense... i was mostly referring to what you said as these bloody indian shows rather than anything else as it is contradicting...Ekta's shows are also Indian!!