Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

sexist show, the slap was soo unecessary!

Posted: 12 years ago
the way Kinjal was treated, shows how sexist this show actually is, Kagri is a sexist character! Kinjal is right in what she said! and the slap was soo frikin unecessary, Indian Men have liberty to slap women, it disgusts me! that is no way to treat a woman! would Kinjal slap Ahem like this? then how can Ahem do the same?? Kinjal had a point, if her brother is living of his parents, then why is she dumped in the chawl? and why no one cares for her?? these bloody indian shows are not getting progressive, rather they are getting regressive, man these shows make me miss ekta mai!Edited by nkapoor - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MARHABAA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nkapoor

does anyone agree?

AGREED !
But the good thing is Kinjal still said her piece - she wasnt going to let anyone treat her like a doormat and neither was she going to be subservient .
Her brothers slap was wrong and unjust - he felt enraged bec of her attitude towards Kokila however in slapping her he just perpetuated the same disrespect she was showing .He also showed lack of respect to his sister .

I mean who made him head monitor? Hes got a messed up relationship of his own he needs to go sort before rectifying the world.

NRChau thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I am not apalled at just the slap but some forum members cheered on n said Kinjal deserved it so. How unfair!! Kinjal did whatever she did with Umang out of her blind trust in her boyfriend. She knew Kokila wouldn't have agreed to her marrying Umang so she came up with fake pregnancy drama. She didn't have the guts to straight up talk to Kokila (who does, I wonder) therefore such an unthinkable step. But she saw her brother living miserable married life everyday n she wasn't willing to go thru the same. Her intentions were never to hurt her family. She was being a little selfish but who wouldn't when your mother doesn't show an ounce of love, warmth or support you ... She was in love and did everything possible to be with him.. Hmm,sounds familiar? Gopi has been doing thesame thing from day one... She even washed his laptop!! I just can't get over this stupidity of hers... Oh boy, I digressed big time... Anyhoo, my point was that if Kokila hadn't washed off her hands of Kinjal and treated her like a daughter for once then she wouldn't have had to face this so called humiliation ...to all those who think Kinjal deserved this slap, I want you to imagine putting up with Urmila as your mother in law just for a day !!! YIKES.. If Kokila had taught Kinjal how to cook, clean n sew then maybe Kinjal wouldn't have had to resort to modeling... Think about that ever, Kokila? And it is a friggin sari ad!!!
neetusidhu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i completely agree with the topic started...what a sexist thing they showed today...i completely agreed with kinjal and how she stated that his only standing is that he is the familys son and works for the family business...and she wants to make something of herself...and i dont think that she did anyting wrong...
taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Ahem slapping Gopi when he found out she was uneducated was WRONG. But Kinjal saying hurtful words to her mother forgetting that she is speaking to her mom not some person off the street...is legit. Making a huge scene because she was modeling again wrong... Dhaval getting upset because Kinjal didn't ask for his opinion...absolutely correct. There is a lot of right and wrong in this situation. Abuse should not be tolerated, but punishment for when you do wrong is sometimes necessary. Ahem slapped her for her attitude, not because of what she did. She needed a reality check. Just like Rashi does and Urmi does, Koki can also use one from Parag for her ill behavior towards him. But one slap is different from daily abuse. And for within good reason. And I am a Indian woman also. And if I have acted like Kinjal, I really do hope my brother slaps me back into check. 

and p.s all Indian soaps are sexist lol its just one of those things...
Edited by taral83 - 12 years ago
NRChau thumbnail
Originally posted by: taral83

But Kinjal saying hurtful words to her mother forgetting that she is speaking to her mom not some person off the street...is legit. ...

This is my problem rite here. Any stranger off the street would have treated Kinjal better than Kokila treats her... I am all for being strict and disciplining children but how can u tell ur daughter to be happy and make do with whatever she has when Kokila herself is ashamed of her husband's lack of ambition. She doesn't treat her husband with respect because for her money means status n that ultimately means respect ... Kinjal has seen her mother emphasizing that all her life... Kokila is so ambitious that she has turned her son into emtionless workaholic!! One way or another, she WANTS the recognition ... Kinjal, in a way, is following in her mother's footsteps!!
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
the scene where kinjal was shown being slapped was a flop part...how can ahem do like this...poor kinjal...it was her frustration only...urmi make her life hell and on addition to that she is not able to get the comforts that she used to have earlier and on that her mother treated her as  a stranger
NazmaJ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
She got slapped because of what she was saying to her mum not anything else and I'll be honest if I or any of my brothers and sisters were that rude we'd get slapped regardless of which sex we were.
NRChau thumbnail
Another point I have been forgetting to mention is Kinjal probably wouldn't have talked smack if she didn't feel abandoned yet again... Here was her two faced, lying, manipulative mean MIL taunting her, calling her a disgrace to both families n Kinjal's own family just stood there, feeling ashamed! N when they did open their mouths, only accusations came out!! Urmila would have been a better mother if Rashi was being blamed for something like this...
taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: NRChau

Another point I have been forgetting to mention is Kinjal probably wouldn't have talked smack if she didn't feel abandoned yet again... Here was her two faced, lying, manipulative mean MIL taunting her, calling her a disgrace to both families n Kinjal's own family just stood there, feeling ashamed! N when they did open their mouths, only accusations came out!! Urmila would have been a better mother if Rashi was being blamed for something like this...

Kinjal did it to herself. She is feeling abandoned? She was the one that wanted to run away with that jerk. As for Urmi talking crap about Kinjal. Well KInjal could have handled the situation differently. First she could have just talk to Dhaval and asked about modeling. Since she already on his store banner then why not talk to him about other work. Again to bring in second salary and also make her feel like she has a identity. I am a 100% sure Dhaval would have gave permission. Dhaval was more hurt that she lied and was hiding from him. If he truly wanted to yell, he wouldn't have ran behind her. Kinjal needs to see all this. She has this narrowmind that everyone is against her. But she needs to except her destiny, that she is no longer of Modi families daughter but she is a wife and a bahu. She thinks it was wrong for her mom to give 11rup for raksha bandhan. But giving to status quo is a long time practice in our culture. You don't give more then the person can return. She needs to understand these small things. Which she is being hard headed about. So she got what she got for her behavior and nothing else.