Posted: 12 years ago
Kinjal's marriage to Dhaval was the same concept on how Rashi and Jigar got married. If "indian" society cared less about affairs and love dramas then yes Kinjal could have stayed single and married to her choice. But India doesn't work that way. We have some "limitations and regulations" which can be good or bad. And in Kinjal's case, it was probably good but she chooses not to see it that way. The guy she chose was a down right dirt bag. For her money and status matter more. Thus, she can't see how great a person Dhaval is...Yes she doesn't have to love him...but do give due respect, just like he does. NO need to be arrogant...and we all have to remember this is only tv...things are exaggerated...im sure in real life Kinjal wouldn't have been just married off...because it seemed like her "affair" was locked up in the Modi mansion, except big mouth Urmi. But they needed to show Kinjal marring dhaval so they did
The biggest problem about our society is that we are worried more about what people have to say the neighbours etc but who are they do they effect business do they feed you, kokila never considers this,  she cares about what others think of her n her family.   but the reality they should look into their own homes n there are plenty of skeletons in their own cupboards

There all marriages are confusion...πŸ˜†chatta ka maza lo yaar..🀣🀣

i agree...ahem was wrong in slapping his younger sister...i mean he should have understood her condition...she is suffering from a bad phase...it was her frustration that came out...i know the way was wrong but she tried to adjust but she can't...urmi make life hell for her...
Bringing the story back to Kinjal, she had ruined her reputation, the milkman had told all the rich families that Kinjal was pregnant from her boyfriend and that her rishta was dissolved because of this. Had the Modi's told the rich families in their circle that crazy kid she had spread a bad rumour so she doesn't get married, which family would accept that??? 

They would think two things, the Modi's have aborted the baby or gosh she's so crazy what rumours is she going to make up once we have her as a family member, she will destroy the family izaat, and also her thinking will spoil the daughters we have in our house...remember the aunty in the US rejected her because they had bahu they had daughters and they didn't want a girl with bad reputation they, it might influence the girls in their family.

So taking this all in they had a proposal from Dhawal, relative of Rashi and Gopi, he has a good heart why not marry her there. I think it was right to marry her to Dhawal, because had they now said okay lets send her abroad to study, she is a wilful girl she would have genuinely come back having been fooled by another guy and possibly come back pregnant for real, or sold into prostitution or something bad like that. 
[/QUOTE]

u r so right. in a drama that is so family oriented, one cannot just focus on wat a woman wants. (moreover kinjal is not worthy enough that she can have those rights) i dont say that woman has to keep sacrificing her rights like gopi does but using your rights and abusing them are two different things. kinjal was abusing her status and power. kinjal is an over confident fool who def has no sense of actually seeing through a person. Kokila is best when it comes to recognizing a person's true colors. last time she got full rights and freedom, she almost destroyed her family's reputation. so i dont understand why people over here are defending her by saying her life is hell coz  of her marriage in a middle class family. the big question is when has she ever tried to adjust or make her marriage work in first place? she does not even respect her husband and insults him openly. if urmila is a trouble maker, she is no less and that is why i consider both of them in same category and kinjal is more responsible for her current condition.
Originally posted by Nafisa_blossoms

I agree, Aham was completely wrong all she was saying is that they forced her to marry Dhawal, who she doesn't feel is suitable, and that they have no right to tell her what to do as they have cut her out of the Modi name haven't they, so all she is saying is true, her birthright everything.

So if she's making money it's between her and her husband that's it, he shouldn't have hit her...he can't control himself Aham because he was seeing his mother's blood pressure rising he tried to control the situation and stop her talking...but it's not working as she is going to carry on, and she should as he has done his worst, she should tell everything what is in her throat. 

i totally disagree with you. it's not what she said but the manner in which she said it and the fact that she was also disregarding her husband because her is of a lower status than her modi family. she was arrogant and selfish blaming everyone for her marriage other than herself. didn't you notice the way she pushed dawal's hand when he was preventing her from falling, it show disrespect to her husband who i believe would have supported her has she told him before hand. Ahem being a dutiful son would not want to see their mum being disrespected in that manner and i do believe that if i was in his shoes then i would do the same to either my brother or sister. we live in 21 century does not mean we forget respecting the elders and that where she was at fault and to be honest this time i support ahem
Originally posted by princessunara

well one question to all who says it was kinjal's faults that made them marry her off to dhawal..why did they have to marry her off to dhawal in the 1st place? it wasn't like she was really pregnant..a stupid young girl did something blinded by love..for that one moment of insanity does that mean give her an irrevocable punishment?
so what would happen if she didn't get married at that time? they didn't have to find an extremely traditional type family for her..there r enough rich families around who r not stuck in the age old traditions..she'd have been happy in such a family n they wouldn't have had any problem accepting her either..they could have waited n done such a marriage for her..
also what would have happened if she didn't get to marry at all? is marriage the do all n end all? dhawal is a nice guy n all..but she'd have been way better off if she was single all her life than the life Koki made her live by marrying her off to Dhawal..

i was an ardent kinjal hater(not that i love her even now) cz of everything she did to Gopi..i have cursed n wished every ill fortune on her head at the beginning of the serial.. but what she was made to do was wrong..

she first broke off her engagement to elesh meta because of love and lying about being. when they found the truth about umang she refused to believe that umang was not ready to marry her but she rather blame kokila for not wanting the wedding even though kokila begged umang to marry kinjal.  also she has still not reveal that she was not pregnant after she new about umang's intentions and only decided to tell them when dawal agreed to marry her and save her family's honour and she knew that dawal is of lower status.

No parent in their right sense will play with marriage like a game of chess. If they refuse dawal at that time who was willing to take the burden of her being pregnant into his care what were they to explain her breaking off engagements unnecessarily. i can understand the first was done out of love but her only reason for rejecting dawal is because of status but if some rich guy came forward in dawal's shoes, then she would not have complianed. kinjal's sitiuation is her fault and the earlier she accept her husband the better especially he is willing to do anything for her and would have supported her had he known earlier.
Originally posted by kamjal

i totally disagree with you. it's not what she said but the manner in which she said it and the fact that she was also disregarding her husband because her is of a lower status than her modi family. she was arrogant and selfish blaming everyone for her marriage other than herself. didn't you notice the way she pushed dawal's hand when he was preventing her from falling, it show disrespect to her husband who i believe would have supported her has she told him before hand. Ahem being a dutiful son would not want to see their mum being disrespected in that manner and i do believe that if i was in his shoes then i would do the same to either my brother or sister. we live in 21 century does not mean we forget respecting the elders and that where she was at fault and to be honest this time i support ahem

Kokila has raised a harridan like herself, even Rashi thinking it at the end of the episode said whose daughter is she, Kokila thinks she is always right, and similarly Kinjal, Kinjal watched her mother bamboozle her dad Parag that is why she also behaves the way she does with her husband...yes Dhawal should have been consulted before doing this modelling and his a good sort of guy, if she had taken the time to explain why she is doing this work he would have understood and even volunteered to over her protection on her modelling assignments, but you have seen her mother Kokila disregarding Parag, not taking any advice from him, making all the decisions regarding her children by herself. She's a harridan and So is Kinjal.

I also believe Kinjal was brought up spoilt, all the luxuries, yes she ruined her reputation and the parents had no option but to marry her to Dhawal (see my answer to princesssunara above for the other options they discarded). But marrying her to a guy that can't afford air conditioning, that can't afford her way of living, living in the slums where people are peeping in the windows at her, no separate bathroom, no privacy, theft of her things, these things were new to Kinjal, she had never associated with such people or such places...so I believe she was right to say when you married me off, you washed your hands off me, you never wanted to know what is happening and how I am, Kinjal was a Modi it's still her birthright and she deserve a house somewhere else, a car as she had a car with her parents for her personal use. They have the money to provide this for her now, that's the problem with parents when you raise your kid with luxuries it must always be behind your mind that she/he will think this is normal life, that is what has happened to Kinjal, she's asking for what she has been accustomed to.

Also I'm sorry you believe a man should raise his hand to a woman who has half his strength, hitting is never the answer, she was only talking, Aham should have talked unless he is thinking his not capable of convincing her with his argument,  I agree the situation was tense, Kokila has collapsed before he was thinking I've got to stop her talking because I don't know what she is going to say and mum might collapse as you could see Kokila's breathing blood pressure was rising, but he should have pulled her aside and talked her calmly, because even when they got home Hetal & Chirag were asking why she has done this, so Aham missed an opportunity to understand then and there what her realities are...why she is seeking work in the first place...and Kinjal didn't finish college, she's not skilled, she is only a pretty face so modelling is what is open to her, also if Aham hit her he will mark her face, whilst a woman wouldn't, the same face she wants to earn a living with it also. So I believe because she stuck to the facts pertaining to her, she didn't deserve the slap. When her mother slapped her when she was pretending to be pregnant, I was cheering though...πŸ˜›
Edited by Nafisa_blossoms - 12 years ago

i agree with you that most of the problem lies with kokila for being biased towards her children and favoring ahem over kinjal and to correct you with the slap i do not support him because he is a man cause if a woman in ahem's shoes slapped her i would still be in her favor so for me it's not about gender rather rudeness towards parents which am not in favor and if someone slaps her to bring some sense to her that i support and this case it happens to be ahem

as for kokila dominating her children which is true but i also watch an episode( sorry forgot which one) where kokila was taunting her husband for leaving her to single handed raise both kids whilst he went in pursuit of his poetry carer. am not supporting her behaviour towards her husband or her mistreatment of other members of the family as she thinks her way is the only way and nothing else.

i agree with most of ur reasonings but kinjal did not even see the need to tell her husband and was even disregarding her only hope of support and no one in the forum thinks her doing modelling is wrong or the issue with both families rather lying about it caused all the riff.

In our forum most people wished Ahem would slap rashi for her behaviour so when he slaps his sister then its wrong. i know we are giving our different view point so i hope in doing so i have not hurt anyone.

Kokila has raised a harridan like herself, even Rashi thinking it at the end of the episode said whose daughter is she, Kokila thinks she is always right, and similarly Kinjal, Kinjal watched her mother bamboozle her dad Parag that is why she also behaves the way she does with her husband...yes Dhawal should have been consulted before doing this modelling and his a good sort of guy, if she had taken the time to explain why she is doing this work he would have understood and even volunteered to over her protection on her modelling assignments, but you have seen her mother Kokila disregarding Parag, not taking any advice from him, making all the decisions regarding her children by herself. She's a harridan and So is Kinjal.

I also believe Kinjal was brought up spoilt, all the luxuries, yes she ruined her reputation and the parents had no option but to marry her to Dhawal (see my answer to princesssunara above for the other options they discarded). But marrying her to a guy that can't afford air conditioning, that can't afford her way of living, living in the slums where people are peeping in the windows at her, no separate bathroom, no privacy, theft of her things, these things were new to Kinjal, she had never associated with such people or such places...so I believe she was right to say when you married me off, you washed your hands off me, you never wanted to know what is happening and how I am, Kinjal was a Modi it's still her birthright and she deserve a house somewhere else, a car as she had a car with her parents for her personal use. They have the money to provide this for her now, that's the problem with parents when you raise your kid with luxuries it must always be behind your mind that she/he will think this is normal life, that is what has happened to Kinjal, she's asking for what she has been accustomed to.

Also I'm sorry you believe a man should raise his hand to a woman who has half his strength, hitting is never the answer, she was only talking, Aham should have talked unless he is thinking his not capable of convincing her with his argument,  I agree the situation was tense, Kokila has collapsed before he was thinking I've got to stop her talking because I don't know what she is going to say and mum might collapse as you could see Kokila's breathing blood pressure was rising, but he should have pulled her aside and talked her calmly, because even when they got home Hetal & Chirag were asking why she has done this, so Aham missed an opportunity to understand then and there what her realities are...why she is seeking work in the first place...and Kinjal didn't finish college, she's not skilled, she is only a pretty face so modelling is what is open to her, also if Aham hit her he will mark her face, whilst a woman wouldn't, the same face she wants to earn a living with it also. So I believe because she stuck to the facts pertaining to her, she didn't deserve the slap. When her mother slapped her when she was pretending to be pregnant, I was cheering though...πŸ˜›

you got me wrong for me its not about gender rather the issue at hand which is disrespecting ones parents and if it's a woman who slapped her in ahem's shoes i would still favor her. so pls dont mistake that as am too not in favor of men being violent towards women or vice vica. i also agree that all the problem lies with kokila for being indifferent to kinjal and her behaviour towards parag. but i saw in one episode where kokila was taunting her husband for leaving her to single handed raise both their kids whilst he went in pursuit of his poetry carer so that why she is more dominant towards her kids.