Yashashri to quit Chandragupta Maurya

Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 | 6:26:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    1 Comments

Tired of playing a second fiddle, the actress decided to leave the show...

After rumour mills broke the news about Ashish Sharma who plays Chandraguta Maurya leaving the show, its Yashashri Masurkar who plays the character of Mrignayni, the Princess of Takshila who has put her foot down and is quitting the show.

Yashashri has informed the production house about her decision. 

A source informs us, "Yashashri is unhappy with the way her track has shaped up and hence she gave a notice. She was told that she will be playing the lead which requires full time commitment but once she started shooting, the reality was completely opposite. There wasn't enough for her to do and Yashashri surely wanted an exciting role that is challenging for her as an actress."

We tried calling Yashashri but she remained unavailable for a comment.

We also hear that Yashashri is looking for new avenues to explore as far as acting is concerned.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Megha Bissa

Edited by BhartiKhushi909 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I didn't get why they even brought her in, since there are hardly any women in Chandragupta's story.  They could have had her as Selucus' daughter instead - she'd have fitted the role fine.
destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx for the article
Cuty16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks dear,
i am very happy.
Pallavi_2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Vrish_

I didn't get why they even brought her in, since there are hardly any women in Chandragupta's story.  They could have had her as Selucus' daughter instead - she'd have fitted the role fine.

Selucus' daughter shuld be some one more beautiful n it's good that she is quittting the show, I didn't find her suitable for mrignayani too.I was expecting some one more beautiful. I had seen 'gunahon ka devta' of ashish sharma n the heroine of that serial would have been a better choice as mrignayani n besides there are many beautiful ladies in the tv industry who can do both these roles.
rasp_berry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: kavita_1987

Selucus' daughter shuld be some one more beautiful n it's good that she is quittting the show, I didn't find her suitable for mrignayani too.I was expecting some one more beautiful. I had seen 'gunahon ka devta' of ashish sharma n the heroine of that serial would have been a better choice as mrignayani n besides there are many beautiful ladies in the tv industry who can do both these roles.

I agree with both of you. Its good that the actress is out of the show now. She was looking dump in that costume. Sagar's can take more beautiful girl to play CGM's love interest.
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I came to check for written updates and what do I find instead?...Personal remarks towards an actor...This is in extremely poor taste and if I'm not mistaken, against IF rules...Till yesterday people had a problem with the character and now she is leaving, there are jibes about her looks...I guess the truth comes out in the end...

Before I get any defensive replies...I just want to say, please don't...I understand completely...For the record, I always felt your points regarding history were valid...Sagar should never have introduced her character...Because A, it's not historically accurite and B, they wasted the time & talent of a good actress...

But what right does anyone have, to say that Yashashari should not play the role, because you think she is not beautiful?...It makes me ashamed that people should have this sort of attiude, when we take such pride in our intelligence...As human beings we should also have some compassion and not add insult to injury...

She was chosen for her being a good actress, for her simple natural beauty and for her command of the Shud Hindi...We can deduce that, by looking at the character of Mrignayni...She gave a good performance, in the limited scenes she got...A challenging role was promised, but things did not materialise...Now that she is leaving the show, lets spare her shall we?...

All the best to CGM show and forum...But as IF members we should really think before we post...Sorry Bharti, if I have spoken out of turn and no hard feelings😊...
Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6
@ May - i definitely agree wid u... really sad to see those comments which directly attacks Yashu... i m sorry on behalf of these two members but would like to clarify that i m also seeing them in this forum for da first time.. so plz be assured such comments were not from CGM regular members.. 

I m not coming online coz of some personal issues but these two comments really made me post here!!!  why do people ruin da atmosphere of da forum when forum is at peace... ðŸ˜•

I and most of CGMians definitely dont find any problem wid Yashu.. without comparing her wid anyone i would say She is beautiful and her current profile pic on IF definitely shows that.. she looked good as Mrigu too, sad that Production house failed a bit otherwise she would have looked best (coz she is much pretty than shown in da show) 

May, all da v v v best to Yashu from all my CGM buddies.. n yup.. this wish is from our heart... ðŸ¤—
cheers... 
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
@May
plz dnt mind who sad bad things 
u can see regular forum members dnt comment on this n those who r pointing on history dnt even comment on yashu 

m srry n as charu said also 
m srry on behalf of all n wish yashu a luck :)
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
@Bharti & Charu - Thanks for the replies and no hard feelings...You guys shouldn't have to apologise for other people's mistakes...Take care and once again best of luck with the show and forum...

Congratulation for the ITA nominations too😊...