Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
Shakti was just an awful film through and through. It would have failed regardless of who was in it IMHO.. I never managed to sit through that crap. I tried watching it for SRK and Karishma..couldn't.

@Vanity: Well you are. You started off in the first place by saying Aishwarya is the sole reason Bunty aur Babli worked. I countered that with the Shakti example. The fact is B&B was a hit and Shakti wasn't. The fact also is  Aishwarya was an item girl in both. One worked but the other did not. So how can you positively give all the credit to her? She's no Katrina Kaif. 

Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: chocolover89

Shakti was just an awful film through and through. It would have failed regardless of who was in it IMHO.. I never managed to sit through that crap. I tried watching it for SRK and Karishma..couldn't.

I beg you to see the original. It is simply fantastic. It was so REAL and RAW, everything from the performances to the cast to the setting. It simpled failed to translate in the Hindi version.
Shakti was a total copy of Sally Fields' Not without my daughter. 
It was crap. 
Originally posted by: eraser

Is Mickey Contractor his real name? Like the 'Contractor' bit?

and yeah right, Ash did not have any makeup on in Kajra re ðŸ˜†

So is it his real name? I just cant get over it. ðŸ˜•
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
^^ I believe it's a Parsi name.  Maybe not common, but not un-common, either.
gilmores thumbnail

I beg you to see the original. It is simply fantastic. It was so REAL and RAW, everything from the performances to the cast to the setting. It simpled failed to translate in the Hindi version.

The original is probably better, but Shakti left a real bad taste in my mouth..not sure if I want to see another version of it..
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dexterphile

@Vanity: Well you are. You started off in the first place by saying Aishwarya is the sole reason Bunty aur Babli worked. I countered that with the Shakti example. The fact is B&B was a hit and Shakti wasn't. The fact also is  Aishwarya was an item girl in both. One worked but the other did not. So how can you positively give all the credit to her?

I'm not giving all the credit to her, I'm just saying she had a big role to play.

As you read the trade analysts saying in the article, the teasers of Ishq Kameena were immensely popular and that's what drew the crowd to the theatres when the film opened. The film was terrible, the numbers dropped in no time.

Regarding Kajra Re, they NEVER even released the teasers. Nobody knew Ash was doing an item song in the film. It was nowhere publicized. And the film's teasers hardly appealed to anyone. Which is why the film received a dull opening. So during the film it suddenly popped out and amused people. It became so popular that people flocked theatres just for the song as it was playing nowhere else.

Bunty aur Babli had nothing good to offer as a film. It was mediocre at best. Even a Taran Adarsh who so freely distributes stars gave it a 1.5 and panned it.
Edited by VanityGirl - 12 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Originally posted by: chocolover89

The original is probably better, but Shakti left a real bad taste in my mouth..not sure if I want to see another version of it..

I think I know why you say that. It was too violent and even disturbing sometimes.
gilmores thumbnail
^exactly! it was way too violent for me..