India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

why khushi is so dumb? (Page 2)

SK_Love IF-Rockerz
SK_Love
SK_Love

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:22am | IP Logged
i m getting frustrated day by day for her english. i know they r totally different. but it does not mean that she does not know common english

PohaJalebi. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:11am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Asmita88-HappyBird-S.Stephycricketfan1P.SrinivasAnotherAdmirerSwaNia_2asha...Faraan92

cricketfan1 IF-Rockerz
cricketfan1
cricketfan1

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:22am | IP Logged
Oh woow...so now people are called dumb if their english pronunciation is not to our liking???

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Asmita88

Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:44am | IP Logged
I know! She watches so many movies, right? Wouldn't she have heard the word boyfriend? She was living in Lucknow for gods sakes, not some rajasthan ka gaon
Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ipepe

Originally posted by freefalling

well that  is her Lucknow accent ..She always speaks that way .How that supposed to be dumb??

I agree and honestly can not understand those who would disagree,would not even like to.

Its not at all necessary that someone who does not know english is dumb.

Can't believe I actually had to write something so obvious here.

Maybe dumbs not the right word, but Khushi does know english..I've never heard anyone pronounce the word boyfriend that way (in India)...and Lucknow isn't that less developed that she wouldn't have even heard that word and its correct pronunciation...like, what about all those girls that full try to imitate foreign accents? hasn't she ever come across those types, or is it only just me?
FakeLove IF-Stunnerz
FakeLove
FakeLove

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:50am | IP Logged
i just hope she doesn't turn into a maami junior Pinch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SK_LovePrinsesse.Suvi

cherrypansy IF-Rockerz
cherrypansy
cherrypansy

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Lucknow is not a small town...or a village...has been capital of a state and has many recognized school s...my mother is from lucknow ...she gradutaed from lucknow university long time ago...and speaks decnt English...ok Khushi is twelth pass ,..but in school she must have learned some English...

.this will pinch more when in future she will be shown as someone speaking high standard English...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.Suvi

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:25am | IP Logged
I think her not knowing English very well / fluently is actually quite a realistic touch to her character!

It has nothing to do with the fact that she comes from Lucknow, rather with the fact that she comes from a lower-middle class background and has probably been educated in a hindi-medium school!

There are many people even in metropolis like Delhi and Mumbai who cannot speak fluent English or even understand it properly! English is a popular language in India, but it is not as widely spoken and understood as hindi! Especially in Northern parts of India like UP, Rajasthan and Bihar.

Khushi's awkwardness with the language adds an endearing touch to her character and brings out the contrast between her and the rather sophisticated ASR even more!

Edited by poppy2009 - 20 September 2011 at 5:26am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

arvhemaAsmita88S.StephyAfflatus.cricketfan1FakeLoveFaraan92

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index