Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
I think Kushi's English pronounciations are realistic and do not equate her to being dumb.

She is obviously educated but probably in a Hindi-medium school. She obviously must have studied English atleast as a second language and she is probably well versed in reading and writing as well as understanding the language (since she seemed capable of working in AR company).

However, her speech and pronouciations are not perfect because she probably never had to speak English on a day-to-day basis. Also her pronounciations can be influenced by the people she interacted with from her childhood and the locality she lived in.
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --sunshine--

About sales personnal lemme tell u one of my 2 minute earlier incident😛 just now I called delievery home and they dont have such fluent english that holds tru according to that my conversation with them but but they dont attkofy and dont repeat words 2 times

If u read my posts in this thread u will get to knw I am talking abt her attkofy thing😳

Yes...Yes...I agree with the specific point you mentioned!😊

I have only started watching the show recently, hence I don't know much about Khushi's character or how she behaved earlier! Its just that, from the time I started watching IPKKND, I found Khushi not being able to speak English well to be very reasonable, since it went very well with the character she is portarying nowadays!

I actually did not even know that Khushi worked in ASR's Office!😲 I need to read the old updates and watch the videos! This sounds interesting!
--sunshine-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: poppy2009

Yes...Yes...I agree with the specific point you mentioned!😊

I have only started watching the show recently, hence I don't know much about Khushi's character or how she behaved earlier! Its just that, from the time I started watching IPKKND, I found Khushi not being able to speak English well to be very reasonable, since it went very well with the character she is portarying nowadays!

I actually did not even know that Khushi worked in ASR's Office!😲 I need to read the old updates and watch the videos! This sounds interesting!

Ohh okay yeah she worked and she even wrote english dictations😛 Vedio and written update archieve is updated u can go thru them 😳
After that we can have discussion on this issue😛😆
Harpreet.M thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yeah come on now, BAYFRIEND?!?! lol that was funny

but yeah even my grandma knows how to say boyfriend and she does not know english at all!
SK_Love thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Harpreet.M

yeah come on now, BAYFRIEND?!?! lol that was funny

but yeah even my grandma knows how to say boyfriend and she does not know english at all!

i m also dissappinted for this😡
deleteaccount thumbnail
CUMM onn!!! suppose if sumone studies in a hindi medium skool..they are equally educated in every way as an english medium student , except for their language , y shud they , being indians , luving indians even think of learning english well??? and the cv's r showing her that way just to show hw a few middle class girls arre...and u no what??? i think, it looks cutee!
even my aunty, who has studies from hindi mdium pronunces-skool-iskool---fone-pphone-----but its upto their culture and their education..
deleteaccount thumbnail
as for buoayfrnd...its good she doesnt know how to prononce it..  :p
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Some people speak with accents, even if they're educated. But sometimes i do feel Khushi's accent is exaggerated. 
Yummymummy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i think she was shown to speak this way cos of awkwardness too (and maybe to add a bit of humor element). Lavanya suddenly asked her the question out of blue and she was not comfortable with topic. She is a girl with traditional values - (chunri falling on head thing).
btw, I agree lots of people write good english and get a bit awkward speaking it as they don't use it on a regular basis.

sanashau thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I cant believe this topic was made! Why is english so important? She can be educated and still not know english that well! Nobody asked why she does not speak spanish or french since these two are the most widely spoken in the world!  Its crazy that we place so much importance to english! I am from chicago and trust me I know people who are high school drop outs and speak english very well. 

As far as working at ASR's company goes, she does need to be good at speaking english to be hired to work in delhi.