Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

What makes a relationship successful?

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
The question is simple.. what do you think should be in a relationship to make it successful?

And please don't just say love.. we all know it's very important, but there has to be other things that are absolutely crucial for a successful relationship. Not all love relationships work out even though the couples are madly in love.

I of course think that love is very important for a truly successful relationship. Of course a relationship can last without love, but I don't know how happy the couple is in such a relationship. I think trust, understanding, and compromise are absolutely crucial. Friendship comes with love so that's a given. And you can't really truly love someone without trusting them completely. I don't think any relationship can last without trust and understanding. And of course, compromises. In an ideal world, we'd like to see two people happy doing what they want and all but practically if two people live together, they both have to make compromises to make things work.. no matter how small or big.

So what do you think is important in a relationship?

-Mahi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Def trust and understanding
Jugnu_244 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
  understanding, love , sincerity and trust make every relation stronger ..! and that's called true love..no complaints no demands😉  
rohit579 thumbnail
just dont loose virginity before marriage makes most of things in favor.
AlwaysHisJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
understanding, communicating, letting go, listening to each other, doing romantic things for eachother, willing to forgive, helping out each other, attending fuctions or doing things that your opposite patner likes( even if you dont like it), accepting their relationship with their parents and friends, carring for them, all things r not possible if you dont love the person ... so love is important
Cavemanreturns thumbnail
The very basis of any successful relationships in the world [social,sexual,love,professional] is how anyone maintain the initial charisma that sparked the attraction. In an upshot, more you maintain attraction in yourself more successfull will be the relationship. Now how would you maintain that attraction which is the primal basis of love. A man must be a MAN and a woman must be a WOMAN. Now the most of problem arises when one stops being their natural role and hence on base it distorts the attraction graph and further relationship hit towards a dead end.
Mischeivous thumbnail
Trust and understanding are key to a sucessful relationship
ROBlicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Laughing through hard times. Sticking together through the worst. Enjoying the good. Understanding the flaws. 
Bazingaa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Everyone has said almost everything and I can't think of anything more to add.

Trust, good communication and understanding are of utmost importance, they are like the basis of any relationship. 
Compromise, as you said, is another important factor. Both sides must compromise, if circumstances call for it.

Also, what I find quite important is doing those little things that make your S.O. happy. Even if these things might seem insignificant to others, they might mean the world to your S.O. It doesn't have to be anything lavish or expensive, just those little gestures that show and prove you do care and will be there for your S.O. no matter what. =] 

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Trust and love definitely :)