Written Update: Mohan Accepts *19/09/11*

Posted: 12 years ago
Hey everyone, Lizzy here! Am here to give your today's epi's update...and again...stuff's running in this serial at supersonic speed ðŸ˜†

Recap:

The Pandit declares that Mohan and Kastur's kundalis match perfectly. Saroj for once puts her foot down openly in front of Baapji and tells him that she will not allow it to happen. Baapji makes it clear that either Mohan must marry Kastur or return Jitu's money with interest. Hearing this, Mohan goes to Kastur and gives her the firing of a lifetime.

Short Update:

1. Kastur is deeply hurt by Mohan's words but doesn't let her family know. 
2. The loan sharks finally catch up with Mohan.
3. Mohan tells Baapji that he is ready to marry Kastur
4. Kastur tries to tell her mother that Mohan rejected her but her mother informs her that Mohan has agreed  to  marry her
5.  Kastur = Beyond Confused
6. Mohan calls. He tries to convince  her that he was joking, and she fights back by admitting how much she has loved him  from the beginning.

Detailed Update:

Kastur enters her bedroom in a state of shock,  remembering  everything Mohan has said to her. She falls on her bed and cries, when suddenly her younger brother enters the room in a sherwani, telling Kastur that this is the sherwani he wants to wear on her wedding day. He talks about the dandiya that will happen that day,  and how Mohan and Kastur will dance  like Radha and Krishna that way. Kastur becomes even more depressed on hearing this. 

Baapji in the meantime is waiting for Mohan and is angry that he hasn't reached home yet, and tells everyone that Mohan will have to return and obey him accordingly. Saroj on hearing this remembers Mohan's words, saying that he will never marry Kastur. Saroj is relieved on remembering that and decides to let Mohan take care of things.

Mohan is playing snooker with a couple of friends, fuming at the fact that Baapji has planned for  him to marry Kastur, who  is absolutely  not  his type. In his fury he ends up scoring several  times (Lesson No. 1 of How to  Make Mohan Gala Win Any Sport: Piss him off. ROYALLY ðŸ¤£). His last ball however, is caught by someone, who happens to be - for all intents and purposes - the loan shark!

Mohan returns home to find the entire family waiting for him in the living room. Baapji orders him to come closer, and he does. Baapji tells him  that he is planning to marry him off to Kastur and asks him rhetorically if he agrees or not. Mohan stays silent, and Saroj tells him that he has her support. As always, Baapji tells her to shut up ðŸ¥± and demands an answer from Mohan. Mohan replies by stating that he doesn't like Kastur and that they are too different as people to really gel and that  he'll have to make a compromise. 

Baapji bursts out that he could care less about any of this and just wants to know if he's going to keep his promise or not. Mohan replies that he doesn't like Kastur, BUT...

At this juncture he touches Baapji's feet and tells him that he is ready to marry Kastur. Poor Saroj looks on  utterly baffled. Baapji tells him he's proud of him and that he has proved that Mohan is HIS grandson (🤢🤢🤢). Mohan guiltily excuses  himself. Baapji gloats to Bhanu and Saroj how Mohan had put Baapji first, and then leaves. Bhanu tries to comfort a teary-eyed Saroj,  but she brushes him off.

Mohan in the meantime wonders just how he'll be able to convince Kastur, given  the way he had insulted her earlier. Kastur, on the other hand, is staring sadly out the window when her mother comes in. On seeing her Kastur weeps, and Shardha asks her what the problem is. She tells Shardha about the way Mohan had scolded her, and that he doesn't consider her worth it. Shardha bursts out laughing and tells her that Mohan probably said so just to tease  her, just as Jitu used to do to her when she was a girl herself. Kastur disagrees, saying that she has seen the hate and anger in his eyes and knows that he doesn't want her. Shardha then drops the ultimate bombshell: Mohan said yes! 

Kastur, puzzled, wonders why he talked to her that way even though he has accepted the proposal. Shardha suggests  that she talk to Mohan to clear  her doubts, and Kastur angrily states that she doesn't want to talk to him after that long string of insults. 

Kastur's mother advises her to meet Mohan to clear her doubts. Kastur is firm  in her stand that she is the way she is, and if he doesn't like her that's not her problem. 
At this point the phone rings. It's Mohan, and he wants to talk to her. At first she refuses, but then he convinces her and she reluctantly  agrees. 

The scene shifts to Mohan  pacing around waiting for Kastur, who eventually appears, looking terrifically angry. Mohan begins to explain that he wasn't serious about what he said when Kastur cuts him off and tells him to keep quiet, because it is now her turn to talk. She tells him that a joke is fine as long as it doesn't hurt someone, and his joke definitely had hurt her. Just because she gets tongue-tied and nervous around him, doesn't mean she's always like that, because those actions sprang from her love for him. She tells him, also, that she can't keep quiet to whatever he says, and he can never understand how long she had been waiting for him. Mohan looks guiltily as she describes how she kept seeing him  everywhere and felt his presence all around, and that he has never been able to sense her love for him. 

She also tells him  that she fed him not because she wanted to impress him but because she loves him. She goes  on, stating that many girls may impress him in many ways but at the end of it all they will not be able to fulfill the duties of a perfect wife. And she is confident of the fact that she can learn, like him, how to pick up whatever he picked up in London, and that she will make a good wife. 

She asks him to tell her directly whether he wants to marry her or not, and if he does, explain why he pulled such a prank on her. If he doesn't, he'll need to explain to her why he agreed to the match eventually.  

Mohan looks rather guilty at this point.

Precap: Baapji gives Mohan the tijori ki chaabi ðŸ˜†

Episode Rating: Hmmm...7/10 I think. Not awesome not bad.
Edited by Elizabeth Darcy - 12 years ago
Thanks for updating! Love your updates! Update the rest soon!
Thanksss loads LIzzie 😃 

So let me get dis clear, his gonna marry her for money rite, i missed dat part, or did they clarify it 2day 😕
Originally posted by sheila1990

Thanksss loads LIzzie 😃 

So let me get dis clear, his gonna marry her for money rite, i missed dat part, or did they clarify it 2day 😕

They've not clarified it yet today but by the looks of him looking guilty of Kasturs response to his blasting earlier, he is not going to reveal so hes going to marry Kastur for money 100% sure of it 😔 I also think Kastur would never marry him after knowing the truth, he wanting to marry her only for money.

Thanks in advance for the written update Lizzie 😊
Edited by Laylah - 12 years ago
Thank you for the update.

I have two questions, though.

After she told him about waiting for him for four years, with his old photograph...she says something about how a person doesn't change bar jaise insaan nahi badal ge...  Can someone explain what exactly she said there?  I got that it was something about how he had said he had changed.

She then says that she herself had wondered how she could marry a London returned Mohan she clarifies that Baapji was the one who fixed the match not she, right?  

And my next question. Actually the most important question. She said something about speaking English.  I really am curious about that.  Right after she says she is not old fashioned, and she explains something about her not speaking English.  

That's what I'm most curious about. It's always been hinted that she knows English fine, and it's used in her house too especially by her brothers and sister-in-law.

If they make her the whole 'doesn't know English' that they seem to love doing with so many heroines, I'm going to roll my eyes.
One of the best episode.  Thanks for wonderful update.

@likarsh   she said when you left from here you did not know the english.  The way you learnt it I can learn too...

Edited by april10 - 12 years ago
thank for wonderful update 
Thanks april10. ðŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by april10

One of the best episode.  Thanks for wonderful update.

@likarsh   she said when you left from here you did not know the english.  The way you learnt it I can learn too...
So Kastur, the daughter of a well off family in the city, a metro, Bombay no less, who passed 9th standard, doesn't know English.  Sorry but that's hard to believe.  ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†

Her family had money to send Mohan to London for four years.  But I'm supposed to believe that she didn't go to an English medium school?  Doesn't matter if she only passed 9th.

Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago
Thanks for the update Lizzy

@ likarsh;

I think Kastur meant she doesn't speak english fluently like him but can learn or ther writers are not paying attention. Kastur spoke english in the first episode or second episode and understand it so am not getting why they saying she'll learn english. ðŸ˜•

Kastur did clear it up that it was baap ji that came with the proposal not her family.

Something that Kastur said that stuck in my mind too about how she may dress old fashion but her thinking isn't old made me realize that it could also cause conflict with she and baap ji.  Edited by pyar-ishk - 12 years ago
pyar-ishk, thank you for the explanations.  

Yeah I remember her in the early episodes.  I hope the CVs don't forget this, and try to make her the stereotypical heroine.  As you said, right now there's still leeway as it makes sense that she may not be able speak fluently to the extent Mohan can.  

I may be evil, but i am so looking forward to her conflicts with Baapji. I wonder how she'll handle that.