Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

I want you, not a replica of you - ASR

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Dear Khushi,

The moment I saw you, I thought an angel had fallen in my arms. But how can an angel fall into my arms, for I am the eternally damned. I was a burning man. I was burning inside out. There was no end to it. Nothing could put out the fire. Then you fell from the heavens and landed in my arms. The mere touch of your skin seemed to ease the fire.

Why would a light want to touch the darkness? You seemed too good to be real so I threw you aside. But you kept coming back. And I kept throwing you aside.

Now I realize you are the angel that has been sent to lure me out of my personal hell. You are a ray of light send to illuminate my dark world. You are the drop of water that can satiate my thirst.

Can anyone touch the fire without getting burned? No. I keep pushing you away so you don't get hurt. I can't bear to see you get hurt. I can't bear to see you get burned. 

You are the angel who had come as my savior. You came to my world and you showed me the light. But I couldn't let you burn with me in my personal hell. Every time you came close to me I kept shutting all the gateways to my hell.

When you realized you cannot enter, you couldn't just leave. You had a different idea. You flipped your wings and with that, you created your twin. You wanted to leave a part of you with me. But I didn't want a part of you. I wanted all of you.

It's not that I don't love you. I do. I just can't let you get burned. As much I love you, I can't have you. But I still want you, not a replica of you. 

Yours Truly,

Arnav

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Really nice post! I loved these lines:

You wanted to leave a part of you with me. But I didn't want a part of you. I wanted all of you.

As much I love you, I can't have you. But I still want you, not a replica of you.

This is so true! He is trying to find a replica of her in La but he can't see her in La. He wants the real Khushi which he can't have.
anjaani07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Oh wow, just loved this, brilliant post and so true!
-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Wah ji FAri ji

this is stupendous

meri indeesaint!! that was truly saintly!!
gilgamesh thumbnail
oh wow...truly amazing post...
incandescent thumbnail
Originally posted by: -RushTrip-

Wah ji FAri ji

this is stupendous

meri indeesaint!! that was truly saintly!!

stupendous- that is some compliment vru!!  thanks a lot. 

i have always had this idea that Arnav considers himself unworthy of love. 

feya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Love this post sooo much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
incandescent thumbnail
Originally posted by: mary78613

Really nice post! I loved these lines:

You wanted to leave a part of you with me. But I didn't want a part of you. I wanted all of you.

As much I love you, I can't have you. But I still want you, not a replica of you.

This is so true! He is trying to find a replica of her in La but he can't see her in La. He wants the real Khushi which he can't have.

Khushi does not approve of Arnav's perception of things particularly his take on live-in, his disbelief in God. She is persistant about changing his mind. She is trying to change his into a man she would approve of. 

But she is unable to do so herself. so she is unknowingly trying to change him through La. 

fareehamustahsa thumbnail
really Amazing post Brilliant
Yazzy91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
👏👏...That was beautiful!!!! 😊 xxx