The Clandestine Imli 'Lowe' !!! - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by scarletthara

And, yes Kesar does set the precedent and expectations so high for all hubbys / bfs alike, being such a hard-core romantic of the greatest order, remembering such tiny miny details of a decade ago, when he was such a tingu baby... with cute smiles, and no doleys... ๐Ÿ˜ 
doley is just added advantage to ogle at ๐Ÿ˜ - with 'Kesar's cuteness-quotient, one can live minus the the 'doleys' ๐Ÿคฃ 

hence, our dearest hubbys /bfs have to bear the brunt for forgetting simple things like biwi-not-likes-war-movies... period... 

MINKS! I went OMGGG ROFL at this ๐Ÿคฃ God definitely has some prototype cast for all male minds, because they all seriously have same issues world over ๐Ÿ˜† except, when they are characters on a show, and make you fall so in love with them, that you make life for the real ones really really testing ๐Ÿ˜† And lets not even begin on 'surprise element/remembering decade old facts' *dramatic sigh* Gullu jaisi kismat kahan ๐Ÿ˜†

Seriously... man, this Talli billi was heights... aiwai hi bhav khate rehti hai jab dekho tab... galti se kabhi to Kesar ki taraf dhyan se dekho... his eyes are almost always in Gullu's direction, with love / anger whatever... 

Geez yes! While a huge part of her being so blind blame will always rest as Gulaal's onus - Talli was genuinely a dubloo case   One had to be blind as a bat to not figure out Kesar's sole focus in life. And for heavens, you didn't have to dig out evidence like letters to know A) Kesar was always preoccupied. B) Preoccupied like that = munda in lowe! C) To find out mystery woman in his life, follow his eyes, and not keep staring at them with zero brain reception *shakes head* 
Thanks for the update
I loved this scene he brins it for Gulaal but pretends it is for Talli and the way Kesar steals glances at Gulaal to see if she is understanding who it is for and the scene is beautifully wrapped up with him looking out with a subtle smile because the imili reaches it's rightful owner
This is a fantastic scene with the emotions protrayed by MP and NB being perfect
Caps updated in the first post :-)

------------------

And on a random note...yeah I know they couldn't find Rahil and Ali again to dub for the voiceover but seriously that bit really made me laugh at the voices they DID find...haha...Manasi's expressions are wonderful in that bit but the voiceover mars it just a tad bit I'd say...

Overall lovely scene though...have blabbed my bit in the caps post as well :-)
JZ...Word to that moment of him in the kitchen..yep thoughts weighing down..

@doley ..๐Ÿ˜† that was soo cute..

Lovely caps Nur.!...love that last bit as well...and you say it right...he was at peace for a minute there..beautiful beautiful shot..

You know what else I loved about the couple of episodes as a whole...there was this theme throughout..the bachpan theme...first the GK scene where there is the debate of him still behaving like young Kesar would to Gulaal...the scene with PaanBa...then like JZ says the fact that he throws water on Talli...is something they would do as kids...then there is the scene of him meeting his other childhood friends where he stays firm about not drinking...and lastly this Imli scene..well done on the writers part. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

p.s JZ that Messi avi is adorable! :D
Lovey Caps Nur,one of my favourite Imli scene
Lovely caps Nur๐Ÿค—...
Jzee๐Ÿค—..what an analysis on this scene๐Ÿ‘...

Originally posted by nureat01

Thanks, Jzee! 

"Waise yahaan aur log bhi hain...jinhein imli PASAND hai" *ahem* Iconic dialogue...lol

*reserved for CAPS*

*Edit:

Caps full batch:

The beauty of this scene is the glances exchanged b/w Kesar and Gulaal...the scene is seemingly about Kesar only speaking to Talli, bringing the imlis for her supposedly but the way the entire scene has been executed is where the genius lies...Kesar walks in and half glances at Talli but as always his gaze is drawn only towards Gulaal

^^ You know when I think about it on an objective plane, the scenario is SO much like lovers with a clandestine affair - having to send out to and fro signals and intentions through an intermediate, both knowing ishaara kahan hai! These two are so comfortable dealing with all these unspoken signs and gestures - they know each other so well, that it doesn't matter that only earlier the same morning they each took turns at telling the other had changed and could no longer be recognized/related with! Kesar almost makes a point of being the same Kesar through a gesture here - which, as Maz pointed out, he so direly needs to establish, after all the crass effort he made in proving otherwise! Technically - even as his hurt and hate wants Gulaal to be wary of him, ever on the edge, realize that he's no longer the warm little boy who will get talked into by her - he just as much cannot deal with her accusation of having changed! It's like inside his head the dialog goes - MAIN badal gaya hu?! main NAHI badla! tu badli hai!  - and then when the anger gradually evolves into more guilt, he just has to go right back and prove he's the same. Very easily putting aisde his 'agenda' to not let it come fore, that he's the same!!! Uff iske paradox! 

She quickly glances away...bringing that danda in front of her almost like a shield but in such a graceful motion

LOL Nur! I didn't think of the danda as her defense - but it fits! Quite like her usual ghungat na?! ๐Ÿ˜† She basically needs her hands to have something to clutch onto, everytime ๐Ÿ˜†

The "Minnie"...how can I resist capping it everytime๐Ÿ˜†  <-----  I feel a happy feel when she pulls it out; of course I'll ignore that she's flashing this one at her one and only darling Talli ๐Ÿ˜ณ

If Talli had any EYES she'd notice that again and again Kesar is POINTEDLY looking at Gulaal...but obviously this is beyond Talli๐Ÿ˜†

Any EYES, or even an IOTA of a brain ... sigh. Jodis are really made in heaven - she deserved Kunal so entirely ๐Ÿ˜† reminds me of the chatt scene when he comes to see her first time and keeps blabbing like he JUST cannot see how many mote mote aansu she is bahaaing at his shayari and gyaan ๐Ÿคฃ Like duh man! How blind are you both?! 

and I love this majnu side look Kesar gives - reminds me of some old movie ka clip from a song where the hero is 'captured' in a still of 'singing' for his lady โ˜บ๏ธ

The constant 3-way exchange of gazes was really amusing me...Kesar looks at Gulaal, Gulaal looks at Talli and smiles...pattern repeat๐Ÿ˜† <--- *SHAKES HEAD* I swear man! women folk of this house have such a lack of orientation with their 'focus' ๐Ÿค“ jo dekhna chahiya, wo kabi mat dekho! - or better, dekh kar undekha kardo!!! 

He puts down the imlis and looks up at Gulaal with this look that just KNOWS...and is just waiting to see her reaction to the imlis

Oh this is THE look Maz calls 'wait till you see what's inside' -aaah! I'm so fidaa over this guy โ˜บ๏ธ

Nur - second Minnie in a scene - all for Talli ๐Ÿ˜ณ

"Main hota toh saari CHHEEN ke khaa jaata"๐Ÿ˜†...I found that CHHEEN interesting...like he's egging Gulaal on to take the imlis...obviously that's where the real convo happened the entire time and both GK know it...Talli is oblivious๐Ÿ˜†

^^ the 'cheen' also stems from the FB - where chota kesuda snatches away Gullu's gift and runs off with it! He's making sure he lets her know, not only that he remembers about the imli - but also where and when from! 

And I love these two caps below - my FAVORITES from the episode! Gulaal's sneak peak smile as she tries to keep it discrete in vain. And Kesar's ghost of a smile - but the moist sheen that just begin to hint underlining his eyes! The emote so subtly and powerfully - these two - there are seconds of expressions that talk, and each second does its own talking ๐Ÿ‘

Originally posted by Maz.

p.s JZ that Messi avi is adorable! :D

โ˜บ๏ธ I know, right!!! Barca has been one of my longest running drugs! ๐Ÿ˜† So happy they finally got #4 on the team this time - Fab was so long coming back home...! 
Originally posted by JZephyr

]

^^ You know when I think about it on an objective plane, the scenario is SO much like lovers with a clandestine affair - having to send out to and fro signals and intentions through an intermediate, both knowing ishaara kahan hai! These two are so comfortable dealing with all these unspoken signs and gestures - they know each other so well, that it doesn't matter that only earlier the same morning they each took turns at telling the other had changed and could no longer be recognized/related with! Kesar almost makes a point of being the same Kesar through a gesture here  Exactly...I just LOVE that fact...that no matter what they UNDERSTAND...they KNOW each other so well...no matter that just earlier that morning they vented at each other accusing each other of changing...but the very first sign of those imlis and they both KNOW...so COMFORTABLY they fall into that pattern...no big show about it...there is that EASE almost that they slip into which is amazing given that just earlier in the day there was so much tension...

Technically - even as his hurt and hate wants Gulaal to be wary of him, ever on the edge, realize that he's no longer the warm little boy who will get talked into by her - he just as much cannot deal with her accusation of having changed! It's like inside his head the dialog goes - MAIN badal gaya hu?! main NAHI badla! tu badli hai!  - and then when the anger gradually evolves into more guilt, he just has to go right back and prove he's the same. Very easily putting aisde his 'agenda' to not let it come fore, that he's the same!!! Uff iske paradox! 
Indeed...the paradoxes! LOL...just love those๐Ÿ˜†

LOL Nur! I didn't think of the danda as her defense - but it fits! Quite like her usual ghungat na?! ๐Ÿ˜† She basically needs her hands to have something to clutch onto, everytime ๐Ÿ˜† LOL I guess this wasn't to the level of ghoonghat defense mode but yeah it was a deliberate gesture to have something to do with her hands and not look at him๐Ÿ˜†

Nur - second Minnie in a scene - all for Talli ๐Ÿ˜ณ LOL true but she looked so ADORABLEEE that I just had to cap it๐Ÿ˜†

^^ the 'cheen' also stems from the FB - where chota kesuda snatches away Gullu's gift and runs off with it! He's making sure he lets her know, not only that he remembers about the imli - but also where and when from!  Aww yeah...I just LOVE that GK are having their own conversation in this scene without directly talking talking to each other...lol...literally every line that comes out of Kesar's mouth is directed at her...and this was one of the most pointed ones where he directly reminded her of the time from his childhood when he snatched the imlis and ran off...and she knows...she KNOWS what he's telling her...aww

And I love these two caps below - my FAVORITES from the episode! Gulaal's sneak peak smile as she tries to keep it discrete in vain. And Kesar's ghost of a smile - but the moist sheen that just begin to hint underlining his eyes! The emote so subtly and powerfully - these two - there are seconds of expressions that talk, and each second does its own talking ๐Ÿ‘ WORD, Jzee! Literally every micro-second expresses an emotion so wonderfully...fabulous enacted and fabulously directed too I have to say...the director, the DOP paid attention to every minute detail you can tell...the way the camera moved, the expressions captured.

Originally posted by Maz.

Lovely caps Nur.!...love that last bit as well...and you say it right...he was at peace for a minute there..beautiful beautiful shot..

You know what else I loved about the couple of episodes as a whole...there was this theme throughout..the bachpan theme...first the GK scene where there is the debate of him still behaving like young Kesar would to Gulaal...the scene with PaanBa...then like JZ says the fact that he throws water on Talli...is something they would do as kids...then there is the scene of him meeting his other childhood friends where he stays firm about not drinking...and lastly this Imli scene..well done on the writers part. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Hey thanks, Maz!  And lovely point! I guess that is also a theme overall for the longest time with Kesar...there were always glimpses of chhota Kesar in his behavior from time to time...and then he'd totally throw you off by showing deep maturity as well...interestingly even chhota Kesar had this trait...in some of the pre-leap epis...and I'm reminded of Manasi mentioning this about Ali...that he has a surprising maturity to him more than other kids his age.

All in all this is what made Kesar such an interesting character and like you said, the writers took wonderful care in showing this theme overall...and like you mentioned yesterday...no wonder Gulaal was thrown off by the extremes in his behavior cuz one day he'd be this Kesar and then Dushyant would be mentioned and he'd go off the deep end again...lol...but it made for awesome drama๐Ÿ˜†

@Jzee: Oh I was about to mention it too...you finally decided to use an animated icon?? Gave up your fav. display pic then? lol you'd had that for ages.