India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

what i dont understand about asha and the baba

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Something i dont understand is why asha felt she needed the baba's permission to begin with.

I mean I know a lot of women who believe in sadhus... but they go for an hour or two a day to the temple/ashram ... they listen ... and then they come back.  The baba thing is more of an activity and not a person who decides what they do in the rest of their hours.

And asha too was not engaged in any personal consultations with the baba.  Its not like he is the family guru who has to be consulted about kundalis and stuff before starting anything.

She too would go, sit, listen and come back.

In fact, the sadhu was himself quite surprised that she stayed back today to speak with him.

And what she had to say to him was not a highly personalized secret or something like that.  It could have been said in the open despite four people sweeping around.

Something does not connect. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

monalisa2010mamswethasyam08tiny15

monalisa2010mam Groupbie
monalisa2010mam
monalisa2010mam

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 9:32am | IP Logged
   Asha had too much faith in the guruji.She thought he would give her sound advice as to what she should do about her future.Fact is that the fake guru had brain-washed her... 

andvswethasyam08tiny15

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 9:40am | IP Logged
@monalisa -- yes, but i still dont get it.  why would she need advice for her future? It's not like she was starting off on a career path or something highly radical? (Not that anandi's school can lead to a career anyway LOLLOLLOLLOL). It was just supposed to be a halka-fulka activity that anandi was inviting her to - for a couple of hours a day -- nothing non dharmik or anything like that.  Just go, make a few puppets or some sort of arts and crafts, socialize with the kakas and kakis -- and leave it at that.

Infact, the guru did not even expect him to consult her. He was so surprised when she stayed back - his eyes showed the surprise.

The point which Im trying to make is that there was nothing highly radical about something she was going to do -- like planning to attend a college, or to re-marry or to ditch her black outfit and start wearing a coloured ghagra choli like anandi -- which would require consulting him.

Edited by tinoo - 19 September 2011 at 9:41am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gagarulezswethasyam08

Snehabr Goldie
Snehabr
Snehabr

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tinoo

Something i dont understand is why asha felt she needed the baba's permission to begin with.

I mean I know a lot of women who believe in sadhus... but they go for an hour or two a day to the temple/ashram ... they listen ... and then they come back.  The baba thing is more of an activity and not a person who decides what they do in the rest of their hours.

And asha too was not engaged in any personal consultations with the baba.  Its not like he is the family guru who has to be consulted about kundalis and stuff before starting anything.

She too would go, sit, listen and come back.

In fact, the sadhu was himself quite surprised that she stayed back today to speak with him.

And what she had to say to him was not a highly personalized secret or something like that.  It could have been said in the open despite four people sweeping around.

Something does not connect. 

That's called blind faith...lot of people are like that...i wouldn't blame it completely on illiteracy...its just that their too naive and simple people... And these Dhongi baba's take advantage about these stuff.. Its lack of awareness of the realitiies of the world... Asha's character is very typical like those girls who are devastated in their lives because of social norms... she was just showing respect to him by not interrupting while he is preaching (i guess)... CVs have not shown much details about Asha consulting him for everything... Since that baba had preached her she should only follow what he said...she was obligated to ask...as she believed if she does anything beyond what he says is wrong...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

andvswethasyam08khusi_*tiny15

Snehabr Goldie
Snehabr
Snehabr

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tinoo

@monalisa -- yes, but i still dont get it.  why would she need advice for her future? It's not like she was starting off on a career path or something highly radical? (Not that anandi's school can lead to a career anyway LOLLOLLOLLOL). It was just supposed to be a halka-fulka activity that anandi was inviting her to - for a couple of hours a day -- nothing non dharmik or anything like that.  Just go, make a few puppets or some sort of arts and crafts, socialize with the kakas and kakis -- and leave it at that.

Infact, the guru did not even expect him to consult her. He was so surprised when she stayed back - his eyes showed the surprise.

The point which Im trying to make is that there was nothing highly radical about something she was going to do -- like planning to attend a college, or to re-marry or to ditch her black outfit and start wearing a coloured ghagra choli like anandi -- which would require consulting him.

I doubt that he was surprised... It was more like he was glad that he got an opportunity to exploit her that she stayed back...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

andvswethasyam08khusi_*tiny15

ILoveDrama IF-Dazzler
ILoveDrama
ILoveDrama

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Oh yes believe it, it doesn't have to do anything with being illiterate  or literate, I have seen and still am seeing lot of educated people ( not just basic education,  people who have their Phd's and Highly qualified docs are in the list) who are in countries like US, UK etc do still follow these baba's and amma's blindly, even after media exposing them they still follow them...

andvswethasyam08khusi_*

andv Goldie
andv
andv

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
As far as I understand from what they have shown of his silly pravachans is that a widow needs to dedicate her whole life in the name of God. This involves pooja pat, fasting, etc, etc. Indulging in any other activity is termed as a big sin in HIS books. Going to study or spend time in A's class thus would mean deviating from his preachings which she did not want to do without taking his permission. This is what I understood... But the Cvs are experts in creating weird bloopers  

Edited by andv - 19 September 2011 at 9:54am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

PranjjalSnehabrPicasso9ILoveDramaswethasyam08tinoopjyotiny15khusi_*

Picasso9 IF-Dazzler
Picasso9
Picasso9

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Tinoo,

I have not watched the epi and am commenting based on lack thereof.

I think Asha consulted him due to her blind faith and widow status. Society has conditioned her to think that anything but an austere life is pleasure and not for her indulgence. She even feels guilty for smiling at mere puppets.

This illogical reasoning prompted her to start attending school only with the Dhongi baba's approval so that she would be above reproach from society's 'thakedaars'.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

PranjjalSnehabrandvILoveDramaswethasyam08tinoopjyotiny15khusi_*

Go to top