Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

lucky to have worked with her sister Karisma Kapoo

Posted: 12 years ago

Can this movie break the jinx?

September 9 2011 at 10:16am
By Shalandra Bunseelal

Comment on this story

Tell us about the experience of working on Bodyguard.

It was a fantastic experience, a great journey. I have made so many movies and this one was so much fun. It was such an intriguing experience, especially when I got to know more about my bodyguard. Hopefully it will also be my third consecutive hit over Eid following Wanted and Dabangg.

Tell us more about your personal bodyguard.

When I signed this movie, I sat down with my bodyguard Shera, who has been with me for the past 15 years. What I heard about him was overwhelming. He told me about all his problems and there is no doubt his best quality is that he is the most faithful and trustworthy person I have come across. He is hardworking and loyal and it's some of those qualities that I have taken into this movie.

The movie is produced by your sister Alvira and brother-in-law Atul Agnihotri. Did that require more work?

It is very difficult, yet lots of fun, though it really does not matter who produces the film. However, with Alvira and Atul I had to be careful and at the same time work harder.

You have aso teamed up with Kareena Kapoor again.

Working with Kareena was a wonderful and great experience as I had to walk behind her all the time. I am lucky to have worked with her sister Karisma Kapoor in numerous hit movies, so we are hoping we break the jinx this time and Bodyguard becomes a hit, as our last two movies – Main Aur Mrs Khanna and Kyun Ki – failed at the box office.

The movie has outstanding music. What is your favourite track? Have you also teamed up with Himmesh Reshammiya again?

I like all the tracks, but my favourites are Teri Meri and Desi Beat. Yes, Himmesh and I are working together again. You know, everyone gets busy and there was a time that Himmesh was very busy, so we had to look for other composers.

Though Pritam has composed one song, the rest are by Himmesh, and Teri Meri is one of the best songs I have heard recently.

Why should we go watch this movie?

Because it's an awesome, fresh and stylish movie. It has the perfect mix of action, drama, romance and lots of entertainment.

What are your forthcoming projects?

Obviously, we are really looking forward to Bodyguard, then there's Sher Khan with my family and Ek Tha Tiger with Katrina Kaif. I will also start working for the sequel to Dabangg, which promises more entertainment and is being made by my brother Aarbaaz Khan.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Salman always speak very highly of Karisma! it is endearing!

salman always  stand by karishma . she  is very dear  for him this is the reason salman asked his  brother in law to   cast kareena in the bodygurad as she fit the role betterπŸ˜›
I love these two together!
[QUOTE=]Why should we go watch this movie?

Because it's an awesome, fresh and stylish movie. It has the perfect mix of action, drama, romance and lots of entertainment.[/QUOTE]he's gotta lay off them drugs..

The movie was boring, definitely not fresh (abused subject), with no style at all..

Action - oh yeah the airplane scene was surely action worthy..

Drama - a 45 year old falling for a woman he doesn't even know.. seemed like a desperate numbskull to me.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Romance - falls madly in love with a woman and sleeps with her best friend for 10 years and has no clue that  she aint her.. true love..eh.. whtever happened to 'yeh dil sun raha hai tere dil ki zubaan'..🀣

entertainment - yeap.. perhaps for those that have been locked away in their dungeons for all their lives πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

even disaster MAMK  looks better whn i compare bodyguard with it !!!πŸ˜†

Keep------------Smiling !!!😊
the movie  is on top what u guys think doesnt matter its already  made 100
I personally did not enjoy the movie, it mainly worked because of Salman craze
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
lol Meena...that's exactly what I thought about the movie too. It just doesn't make sense why it was such a big hit. I guess sallu can make any bad movie turn into a hit these days.