Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bandbajao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

This went over my head. I am unfamiliar with cricket lingo. 😳Translate in English plis!

Non-striker batsman is the one who stands at the other end while the one on strike plays the ball. The non striker batsman has the advantage of watching the shot most closely, and also since he belongs to the same team as the player and is most often familiar with the player's shots, he almost knows what his colleague will play πŸ˜† (you know i am in the middle of tuesday tornados at work and i saw Aparna's questions in the morning so u can imagine why i am talking a lot of gibberish, pliss pardon πŸ˜›)
bandbajao thumbnail
Originally posted by: shalkanwar

Whokay...since u r still on the crease and batting with ease..let me throw a simple straight ball to you😊

What story have u written in the past? And what are you working on nowadays?

I have struggled a lot in the past and i am still "struggling" πŸ˜†πŸ˜† that is my story! πŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But hey! you can't play the next ball until the Umpire gives her verdict. I am still waiting for the GREEN or RED signal so technically, your ball is a "No-Ball" πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: bandbajao

Non-striker batsman is the one who stands at the other end while the one on strike plays the ball. The non striker batsman has the advantage of watching the shot most closely, and also since he belongs to the same team as the player and is most often familiar with the player's shots, he almost knows what his colleague will play πŸ˜† (you know i am in the middle of tuesday tornados at work and i saw Aparna's questions in the morning so u can imagine why i am talking a lot of gibberish, pliss pardon πŸ˜›)

I have concluded that decipering the cryptic clues of the erstwhile LTL team(including Mishal) is beyond me. I prefer the uncomplicated Nishant guy who did open jhagda with everyone from Ram Milayi Jodi team.
Edited by kshreya2002 - 12 years ago
CyberOstrich thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I have struggled a lot in the past and i am still "struggling" πŸ˜†πŸ˜† that is my story! πŸ˜† But hey! you can't play the next ball until the Umpire gives her verdict. I am still waiting for the GREEN or RED signal so technically, your ball is a "No-Ball" πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

hmmmph😳

Why is Umpire Aparna taking so much time??? We need a third referee here... Ksh will you don the mantel??  
bandbajao thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

I have concluded that decipering the cryptic clues of the erstwhile LTL team(including Mishal) is beyond me. I prefer an uncomplicated the uncomplicated Nishant guy who did open jhagda with everyone from Ram Milayi Jodi team.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Okay!!! But, here the complication is because there was no "jhagda" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Shreya's questions were like a full-toss ball for a free hit and now you tried one yorker and one doosra on me. I am going to let it go past my stumps... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Let me try doing that without giving the ball any bat or pad to save myself from LBW (in marathi, we have a joke with LBW= labunach bara waatto/waatte: dur se accha lagta/lagti hai πŸ€£ forget that, its random)
Coming to Q2 first: The face revelation was planned but of course when where and how was as the story developed and thre was no set plan about where and how, but yes, it was to happen after the wedding because Dutta had to marry Naku "the way he knew her", with all her "ugliness" that the world joked about. However, the debate that definitely occurred back then was who would do her parda faash! πŸ˜† Some "brilliant" (pls note my quote marks and get the hint) people wanted it to be the vamp doing it but some who thought of the story as a bit "more" than that trivial benakaabi fought and stuck to the Naku-must-do-it-herself-no-matter-what stand and so it went ahead that way (thankfully) but of course things are not planned right in the beginning and as the story moved ahead so did the thoughts. The whole parentage track had to have been slightly deeper, but unfortunately for some inexplicable reasons it was kind of left half-baked and never concluded. The face revelation arrived right after that.

Now the Yorker i.e. Q1 (which has three parts) I am going to try, but I am not sure if i can get my point across to u to ur satisfaction. 
What is the real reason for MR's departure? (I wish reasons were seasons and we could get over them and move on to another one like nothing happened, but alas!)
Is it like what MR is saying, his Bollywood dreams and that he himself wanted to leave, or is it Pranjal and Colors who forced him to leave? 
I have answered this bit a few times before to friends who mailed me. Now that you ask me right here (almost cornering the meek me), I cannot let it go unanswered. (so smart of u πŸ˜³). But, since it's a yorker, my own shot selection has to be that much more accurate right? πŸ˜† So here it is, I am going to play this ball with a simple question and i know that because you do think, you'll decipher my answer out of it. There were a lot of rumors about why he was "shown the door", i even read one distasteful bit about "the channel has finally had its way" back then. Now let me clear two things categorically: he never made undue financial demands, there were no tantrums. Those who asked me previously and i did reply to them as back as in April, I had mentioned that Mishal had no issues with Playtime and vice-versa. They are still friends and will be. The technical staff and everyone else on the team do miss working him because he brought this entirely refreshing feel to the whole work environment every single morning. Ok that apart, coming back... So did he leave on his own will or was he forced to leave. I believe every decision we make in life has multiple facets... we make a decision over a problem with a plan in mind. So, there were multiple reasons behind his decision but my simple question, which may give you ur answer is this:
'If an actor (protagonist) decides to move on from his project and if the story has potential and is strong and if the makers (channel included) believe firmly that their story has potential, would anything (under the big vast holy sky) stop them from going ahead with the story, bringing in a replacement (howsoever it be; may be even knowing that this cannot be that) and carrying on work as usual? Now, instead of that, if they go abruptly go ahead to experiment a new road and turn around at a junction that is completely not where they were originally supposed to go, what does that tell you?' 
Mind you, scripts are written just two days before at times, but not tracks. Tracks are decided more in advance unless of course an unforeseen obstacle comes in the way. And in this case, nothing was unforeseen.
The real reason still seems like a mystery to us πŸ˜•. So did he leave at his will, or was he forced?
Sometimes, some incidents, some things just become a catalyst to a tiny little thought that has just fleetingly passed the mind. And when that becomes a big push, people go ahead and act upon that thought/feeling. 
So, now howzzaattt, Umpire Aparna, what do u call my shot? Did i save myself or is it an LBW??? πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Do let me know because I was batting on 99 not out you know! πŸ˜›

OMG BB, your so intelligent, yes you have not only saved yourself from LBW and other risks, but I feel like giving you a "chakka" πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†! Now I totally understood the situation πŸ˜‰.

I knew it couldnt be JUST one reason behind all this. MR is not dumb enough to leave such a successful, high TRP show for some uncertain dream. Now let me see how much points I get in deciphering what you have written πŸ˜‰...

Even I've heard the "rumour" that MR was "shown the door". As long as you leave the candle to burn quitely at some corner, inspite of "fire" being a part of it, it still remains harmless and continues to spread light. It will stick till the end and continue to spread its light till the candle burns down. But the moment it is disturbed, and comes in contact with petrol and wind, all hell breaks lose and there is fire all over, causing total destruction! You know, in my language there is a saying, the translation of which is - "if we cannot physically pull the rats out of a room, fill the room with soo much of smoke that the rats automatically leave the room", which means - sometimes when we cannot technically do anything to "oust" someone, being subtle and indirectly creating intolerable situations so that the person himself/herself leaves without any direct force from our side. Hope I too get full points πŸ˜ƒ!

And regarding the face revelation (FR) query, it was a good decision that Nakku herself did the FR, though I would have preferred her to do so earlier by taking the chance that she "might" be abandoned. I think that would have gone more well with her straightforward and honest nature. But I know, from the show and TRP POV, Nakku's FR was the trump card of the show, so the creatives and the channel would have preferred to hold on to it without giving it out at an early stage.

Thanks a lott BB, for answering my queries πŸ€—πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³.

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 12 years ago
bandbajao thumbnail

hmmmph😳

Why is Umpire Aparna taking so much time??? We need a third referee here... Ksh will you don the mantel??  

Ksh is the non-striker. She cannot be the Umpire, Plus the one who raised the questions was Aparna. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
bandbajao thumbnail
Originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

OMG BB, your so intelligent, yes you have not only saved yourself from LBW and other risks, but I feel like giving you a "chakka" πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†! Now I totally understood the situation πŸ˜‰.

I knew it couldnt be JUST one reason behind all this. MR is not dumb enough to leave such a successful, high TRP show for some uncertain dream. Now let me see how much points I get in deciphering what you have written πŸ˜‰...

Even I've heard the "rumour" that MR was "shown the door". As long as you leave the candle to burn quitely at some corner, inspite of "fire" being a part of it, it still remains harmless and continues to spread light. It will stick till the end and continue to spread its light till the candle burns down. But the moment it is disturbed, and comes in contact with petrol and wind, all hell breaks lose and there is fire all over, causing total destruction! You know, in my language there is a saying, the translation of which is - "if we cannot physically pull out the rats out of a room, fill the room with soo much of smoke that the rats automatically leave the room", which means - sometimes when we cannot technically do anything to "oust" someone, being subtle and indirectly creating intolerable situations so that the person himself/herself leaves without any direct force from our side. Hope I too get full points πŸ˜ƒ!

And regarding the face revelation (FR) query, it was a good decision that Nakku herself did the FR, though I would have preferred her to do so earlier by taking the chance that she "might" be abandoned. I think that would have gone more well with her straightforward and honest nature. But I know, from the show and TRP POV, Nakku's FR was the trump card of the show, so the creatives and the channel would have preferred to hold on to it without giving it out at an early stage.

Thanks a lott BB, for answering my queries πŸ€—πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³.

Points: A perfect 10!!! πŸ€— You are a good umpire, like Steve Bucknor! πŸ˜³
I loved ur analogy of the rats and the fire. The candle yes that is the perfect example!!! 
Thanks for calling me intelligent too πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

hmmmph😳

Oops, please forgive the umpire for this delay 😳...but finally she's out with the verdict πŸ˜ƒ!

Points: A perfect 10!!! πŸ€— You are a good umpire, like Steve Bucknor! πŸ˜³
I loved ur analogy of the rats and the fire. The candle yes that is the perfect example!!! 
Thanks for calling me intelligent too πŸ˜†

Aaww thank you too, BB πŸ€—!! And I'm sure no one here would have any doubt on your intelligence factor πŸ˜‰.