'M.B.K.D.' touches Rs 50 cr in 10 days, HIT

Posted: 12 years ago

Midweek: 'M.B.K.D.' touches Rs 50 cr in 10 days, Hit
- By Taran Adarsh, September 19, 2011 - 15:09 IST
FilmCastPlussesMinussesVerdict

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
Imran Khan, Katrina Kaif, Ali Zafar, Tara D'Souza, Parikshit Sahni, Kanwaljeet Singh, John Abraham [sp. app.]Fresh pairing, super music and several entertaining momentsDips in its post-interval portionsCollected approx Rs 12.1 cr nett in Weekend 2. Total so far: approx. Rs 50 cr nett. Hit

Bodyguard
Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Raj Babbar, Mahesh Manjrekar, Aditya Pancholi, Rajat Rawail, Hazel, Asrani, Vidya SinhaSalman Khan, the twist in the love story and musical scoreScreenplay could've been tighter in its first hourCollected approx Rs 5.62 cr nett in Weekend 3. Total so far: Rs 141.63 cr nett. Blockbuster

(Ratings are based on the box office collections and the cost of the film)

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/top5/index.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks on the news. Great both movies didn well and yay to BG on being a blockbuster😊

Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ok, I can no longer deny that Katrina has some serious star power, gotta hand it to her!
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^ exactly...I wasn't sure if she can make a film a hit without a big hero like Akki...but since ZNMD, New york, and this film became a hit...I have to give it to her. She can make a film a hit on her own. That's a star power right there...I just wish she works on her acting though, 
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: beboholic

^ exactly...I wasn't sure if she can make a film a hit without a big hero like Akki...but since ZNMD, New york, and this film became a hit...I have to give it to her. She can make a film a hit on her own. That's a star power right there...I just wish she works on her acting though, 

I wouldnt give her the sole credit for ZNMD. But yeah i know alot of ppl who go to watch her movies just because shes in it and she looks good on screen so the guys defn come out happier lol. But stil no improvement in the acting, she was highly annoying, IK is hopeless and Ali was TOO good ! 

Also it was a well promoted film with good music just like IHLS which was surprisingly a HIT 😕 .
Edited by mz.gigglez - 12 years ago
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
yay go Imran ... make hattrick with Ek main aur ek tu !!!🥳

Keep-------------Smiling !!!😊
bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: beboholic

Same here, before I used to say that the only reason her films do well is because there is always a big hero with her, but since MBKD was a Kat orientated movie and it did so well, I guess she really does have star power! I so wish she would improve on her acting too.
AliZafarforu Ali Zafar 
And ladies and gentlemen,50 crores is done and the bet for second benchmark is won.What song from the album Jhoom would u like Katrina in.

so cuteee, can't wait for ali and katrina song, they so adorable☺️
melonie thumbnail
Happy for her. She totally deserves this for all her hardwork 😃
Glam.Doll thumbnail

I never for once doubted her star power or her huge fan base that she has. New York, Ajab prem ki ghazab kahani (Ranbir was a like a newcomer and he didn't have a super hit before), znmd (to an extent) and now MBKD are definitely her solo hits. I think only heroine at the moment who doesn't need Khans or other superstar. The other reason why I wanted this movie to be successful was because she was absolutely fantastic and most of the people I know was telling she made the movie likeable. Only some people can do that. Go Katrina. Her performances was appreciated in both znmd and mbkd.