Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Glad to be a woman- Akshara

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Akshara's Column: Glad to be a woman!      

1  LIKE  |     0  COMMENTS  |   

Hello friends, hope all of you are doing fine. As you know, I just had a week full of shockers and unpleasant experiences and I hope all of it ends here. But these mishaps made me realise that I was lucky to be a woman in a house where there are no discrimination between a girl or boy.

I am glad to be a woman and proud to belong to such a family. I have realized that not all girls are as lucky as me. It is shocking and shameful to see parents reject their girl children even before they are born. Having gone through a miscarriage, I understand the value of a child and I wonder how anyone can be so heartless?

Friends, I feel so proud and lucky to be born as a woman. It is a blessing. We women may be called the weaker sex but emotionally we are stronger than men. God has given us the opportunity to give birth to another life and as I await the arrival of my baby, I realize what a precious gift we women have. In my own family, I have inspirations like Ma, Gayatri Ma, Bhabhi Ma, who are loving, caring and handle the family perfectly. We don't need one woman's day to celebrate being a woman. Everyday should be a celebration of womanhood.

Being a woman, also means planning something for her better half and making him feel special right? So, the week started with me planning a surprise with Naitik. I had noticed that Naitik was upset with me and was being curt in his responses to me. So, I decided to organize a coffee date on the terrace. I tried to inform Naitik about my plan but he kept refusing to answer my calls. I was disappointed, so I decided to spend some time chatting with Ma till Naitik returned home. Unfortunately, I did not realize when I fell asleep and thus my plan flopped badly which I felt sad about. I tried speaking to Naitik the next morning but again he refused to respond properly. I understand that his work has increased with Dadaji being away but he should understand that even I need his time and attention. It hurts and upsets me when he ignores me.

Later, I had to visit my gynaecologist, Dr Kothari, for a check-up. I expected Naitik to accompany me but again Naitik refused to answer my calls and so I had to go with Ma instead. Dr Kothari advised me to get a sonography done in another clinic and here again I wanted Naitik to be by my side. Friends, I have to confess that his presence helps me remain to calm and is like an assurance that everything will be fine. I tried contacting him desperately but was disappointed as his phone was switched off.

Anyway, along with Ma I visited the clinic to get the sonography done. I was in for a rude shock when Naitik called up and accused me of not informing him about the appointment because I wanted to go with Ma instead. I explained to him that I had left a message since his phone was switched off and had also informed the receptionist in his office. However, Naitik just refused to listen to me and accused me of cooking up excuses. Friends, I can't explain how bad I felt at that moment. I always want Naitik to be by my side, so why would I lie about the appointment? I would have been so happy if Naitik had come with me. I wonder when the misunderstandings will end but I pray that they do so soon.

I was sad and upset and felt that this was one of the worst moments of my life but then little did I know what was coming up next. There was a sign in the clinic that said sex determination tests are illegal but there was a mother-in-law there who was forcing her daughter-in-law too undergo the test. I was shocked and disgusted when the mother-in-law bribed the peon to get the test done.

If that was not enough, the doctor mistakenly thought that Ma and I had come to get the sex determination test done. The police arrived and we were arrested. I was so shocked that I did not know what to do. My first reaction was to immediately call up Naitik but he did not answer my calls. Finally, we managed to contact Bauji and only then we were a little relieved. Bauji, Shaurya bhaiya and Naitik arrived at the police station while we were still awaiting our fate. After a few nail biting moments, the attendant of the clinic was called and he explained to the police that we are innocent. I just thanked God at that moment but the incident left me so traumatized that I just could not control my tears.

However, this horrible experience had a silver lining in my case. Naitik and I had a heart to heart chat after it. Naitik apologized for his behaviour towards me and it made me feel better. We spent some quality time together and that made me feel so good. Even a few moments spent with Naitik cheer me up. As we were discussing the topic of sex determination tests, I felt so lucky that I belong to a family where girls are not discriminated against. In fact, Naitik told me that in our family girls are more pampered than boys. Friends, I really feel that parents should pray for a healthy child instead of a boy child. Today girls are equally competent as boys and are capable of looking after the family. Then why this discrimination? Don't girls have an equal right to life?

Friends, I would love to know what you feel about the issue of illegal sex determination tests and discrimination against the girl child. Have you seen such instances and have you done something to stop it? Let me know at [email protected]

Fan comments
Rashmi Parekh - Hi Akshara and Naitik, I was browsing the net when I came across the meaning of your names. Akshara is another name for Goddess Lakshmi. Sankskrit word Kshara means finite. So Akshara means infinite which actually means something that will stay on forever. And Naitik means virtuous. And that is why YRKKH is such a beautiful virtuous serial and hopefully will always stay on forever. Hoping to see all together soon including Daddaji, Gayatri maa. The serial looks very empty without all the cast.
Akshara - Hi Rashmi, it is sweet of you to find out the meaning of our names. It just shows your love for us. Even I am missing Dadaji and Gayatri Ma and I hope that they join us soon. Thank you for your good wishes and keep writing to me.

Chaitra Vishwakarma - Hi Akshara. I am a very big fan of yours. I just love the way you talk, you are cute, you take so much care towards your family. Everyday without fail I watch your serial. Please do reply to me I am waiting with full excitement for your reply. Congrats and all the best to your whole team.
Akshara - Thank you for all the lovely compliments Chaitra. It is nice to know that you are a regular viewer of our show. I hope you are happy with my reply. All the best to you too in life and take care.

Iqra Mushtaq Ahmad- Hello! Akshara didi! How are you? Mujay aap bohat achi lagti hain or aap ka darama bhi.
Akshara - Hi Iqra, how are you doing? I am fine and enjoying this new phase of life. Thank you for all the love and kind words. Keep watching our show.

Monal Patel -Hi Hina didi, I am very very happy for you! It's is good to know that you are spending time with your family during your pregnancy and I will always pray to God that you and Naitik bahiya remain happy forever! I hope you are having fun and try to remain happy all the time! Wish you all the best with your show! Keep in touch! Your show is popular in U.S also!
Akshara ' Hi Monal it feels good to know that Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is popular in USA too. Thank you for all the kind words, it is very sweet of you. My family is looking after me and I am trying to be happy as I await the arrival of my bundle of joy. You too do keep in touch.

Silki Gupta - Sorry Akshara but I'm too upset that u never replied of my comments I have tried it 2-3 times but never there is a reply. I m your big fan and want that once you reply. And Ria I also felt too sad after reading your story but dont think much about it as the one day will come when all things will be fine take care of you both.
Akshara ' Hey Silki I hope you are happy that I have replied to your message this time. Now don't be upset any longer. As for Ria I too hope that her situation has improved and that she is back with her husband.

|   Monday, September 19, 2011

http://starplus.startv.in/news/2267/akshara's-column-glad-to-be-a-woman.aspx
Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Divya_ thumbnail

Me first.. 🀣

Thnx Tanu 4 sharing.. πŸ˜ƒ

Maaiii over to you.. 🀣
Edited by divi4u - 12 years ago
Me Second...Me Second...🀣
Thanks for sharing...πŸ˜ƒ
Iss Article main ulta chor kotwal ko daant raha hai...🀣 'It hurts and upset me when he ignores me'... 😲 🀣Edited by Asawari_naksh - 12 years ago
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Asawari_naksh

Me Second...Me Second...🀣
Thanks for sharing...πŸ˜ƒ

middle child, yaha pe bhi second...🀣
_Divya_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Sari--

ROFL ROFL haan maaiii  aapko toh pata hi hai.. 2nd no. pe jo hai ye.. ROFL

I'm eldest baba...kitni baar bolu...πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: divi4u

<font face="Georgia" color="#cc0066">🀣 🀣 haan maaiii aapko toh pata hi hai.. 2nd no. pe jo hai ye.. 🀣</font>

Haan maaii ke bacchon ki list main...I'm second...🀣
--Sari-- thumbnail

Pura article mein womanhood ka naara...🀒🀒🀒 usme bhi G3 ma ko nahi bhuli...πŸ˜†

In my own family, I have inspirations like Ma, Gayatri Ma, Bhabhi Ma, who are loving, caring and handle the family perfectly.

So, I decided to organize a coffee date on the terrace.😲😲😲 I tried to inform Naitik about my plan but he kept refusing to answer my calls. I was disappointed, so I decided to spend some time chatting with Ma till Naitik returned home. Unfortunately, I did not realize when I fell asleep and thus my plan flopped badly which I felt sad about.

Yeh kab hua tha? Did I miss this episode? Coffee date on the terrace? Aur maine itni gaali di, hum use samjthe hi nahi...🀣

I understand that his work has increased with Dadaji being away but he should understand that even I need his time and attention. It hurts and upsets me when he ignores me.

Yeh kaam pe jaata hai?🀣 RB ne tho mana kiya tha na? Isko pata bhi hai iska pati ghar pur hi hai?πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

However, this horrible experience had a silver lining in my case. Naitik and I had a heart to heart chat after it.

🀣🀣 Silver lining ke baad platinum lining bhi tha, MU!!!!

Aur yeh riya kaun hai?πŸ˜• Naya show hai? Usne bhi pati ko chodaπŸ˜†

Edited by --Sari-- - 12 years ago
--Sari-- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Asawari_naksh

I'm eldest baba...kitni baar bolu...πŸ˜†

lagta tho nahi...πŸ˜†

Pura article mein womanhood ka naara...🀒🀒🀒 usme bhi G3 ma ko nahi
bhuli...πŸ˜†

In my own family, I have inspirations like Ma, Gayatri Ma,
Bhabhi Ma, who are loving, caring and handle the family perfectly.

<font color="#cc0000">So, I decided to organize a coffee date on the terrace.😲😲😲</font> I
tried to inform Naitik about my plan but he kept refusing to answer my calls. I
was disappointed, so I decided to spend some time chatting with Ma till Naitik
returned home. Unfortunately, I did not realize when I fell asleep and thus my
plan flopped badly which I felt sad about.

Yeh kab hua tha? Did I miss this episode? Coffee date on the
terrace? Aur maine itni gaali di, hum use samjthe hi nahi...🀣

<font color="#cc0099">I understand that his work has
increased with Dadaji being away</font>
but he should understand that even I need his
time and attention. It hurts and upsets me when he ignores me.

Yeh kaam pe jaata hai?🀣 RB ne tho mana kiya tha na? Isko pata bhi hai iska
pati ghar pur hi hai?πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

However, this horrible experience had a silver lining in my case. Naitik
and I had a heart to heart chat after it.

🀣🀣 Silver lining ke baad platinum lining bhi tha, MU!!!!

Aur yeh riya kaun hai?πŸ˜• Naya show hai? Usne bhi pati ko chodaπŸ˜†

Yeah she planned coffee date on terrace when Naitik was angry on her and went out with frnds. Right after his movie plan flops.