What's happening people!? Care to read?

-Seraphic- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I was going through the recent topics on the forum, and there's a transformation that I've noticed .. well, well, the forum has suddenly turned into a Rajit-Abhash forum! πŸ˜†

Now before anyone gets started on me, let me clear my point. Please keep in mind, I'm not here to speak against any contestant, or criticize anyone! (and Rajit is my 2nd favourite, and has been from the beginning of this competititon) I'm just here to voice against what everyone on this forum seems to call the 'bias-judgement/elimination of the JD judges'. Now, of course I know the judges have been throwing off unnecessary hype for certain contestants. But I'm just talking about the elimination bit. In the gala rounds, which is ever since the top 13, I think the judges have eliminated the right contestant all the time.

From the beginning of this competition till now, there's a clear pattern of how the judges give their judgements, and how they choose to eliminate contestants. It's pretty evident, that the judgement is always based on that particular day's performance, and not on how the contestant has been performing through-out! For some people, it might not be fair - but for me, i think this is only right! Or else, there is no point of having bottom-3s, and making them perform the next-day - only if they have to eliminate the one who they 'think' is weak, irrespective of who 'performs' weakest that day!

Now I recall the time, when the Irfan-Karan P-Kruti spoiler was revealed on this forum, two weeks prior to its telecast on the tv. Every member on this forum was shocked + complaining on how unfair the judgement seems. But when, with time, the actual episodes were aired, it became evident that the respective contestants had been the weakest and performed more-or-less average in the week they got eliminated. No unfair or bias there, right?

For all the Abhash fans out there- First, considering the Saturday episode, Abhash couldn't have made it into the top 3 safe contestants, keeping in mind his duo with shaheer - which IMHO was weak compared to the remaining guy contestants. Now, the fact that he ended up in the bottom, with a weak performance was in all-fairness, right? Second, coming to the Sunday episode, fortunate or unfortunate, he was competing against Rajit. In general, MY opinion is that Rajit is a far better performer than Abhash, and has proved it time and again throughout the JD run. But, let's just suppose, for an instant, that the two are on par with each other, then we're left with the Sunday performance 'alone', especially the face-off, to judge who qualifies for the semis. 

Coming to the face-off, their solo bits were more or less equally good. But when it came to dancing together and on the same steps, as Hrithik mentioned, one took an edge over the other, and stood-out, which was Rajit of course. And here, I couldn't agree with the judges more. So then where's the point of the judges being unfair and biased?

Now coming to my main point, which has actually driven me to make this topic, is regarding the so-called Rajit-elimination chaos! First, when I read the finalist spoiler post, I was shocked at not seeing Rajit's name in there. But then, I realized we don't have any other article on the web which supports this news ('cause when the semi-finalist spoiler was revealed, there were multiple articles on the internet regarding it) - So the whole point is, hold your horses guys, till the news is actually confirmed 101%. 

Second, now even if the news is correct, Rajit fans should at least wait till the next week, and have a look at all the performances, before they start on how unfair/biased the judges have been. There is a fair chance he could actually be the weak-link of the four, based on the upcoming week performances! But to say that the judges have passed a wrong decision, without knowing anything about WHAT has happened next week .. now that is being unfair with the judges! πŸ˜•

Just because you think your favourite contestant has been eliminated, you don't have to put down the remaining contestants, just to bring your favourite up! πŸ˜Š

Ankan, Karan and Surjit are all equally deserving, and have shown their potentials time and again in this competition. And i think, everyone has seen the improvement these guys have shown in the JD run! Anyone who comes up as the winner, I would have no issues with that, because either way it would be fair. 

Well, the post has gotten much longer than i wanted it to be! 😳 So I'd just sum it up by saying, may the best man win! πŸ‘πŸΌ

And people, the show is almost at it's end. So let's just leave all the ranting and nagging, and simply enjoy the show! 

Edit: I've added an additional point above (in bold) to clarify exactly what I meant. Because I think I didn't come clear initially, and hence the proceeding discussion went a little off-track.
Edited by -Seraphic- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
First of all.I wasn't rooting for anyone.I like all the contests equally but as like you said Rajit was your 2nd fav.contestant that mean you have got someone as your 1st,same with other who liked Rajit more than some other contestant .There is noone saying bad things about other contestant atleast when I write I do take care about it..But yes,some comments should come across while writing & that not to put other down but to make a point that how the judges have been judging,so contestants name just come along with it.

If judges were so awesome in their judgment then the rules of eliminating & Top4/bottom 4 or 3 were not changing time to time..There were not a "No elimination" day when it was visible who was the weekest,(
Now If I write this,hopefully I wont be called as -Anti Ankan fan n all..)ff they were that fair,that day instead of Swarali & maher,Maher & Ankan would have gone home.(& if they actually judge on "the day's performance)If they were that fair,they would have pointed out Ankan when his acts lack dance instead of praising him as It was the best,If they were actually judging fair Instead of Ankan,Karan was named as the 1st semi-finalist.

Yes,You are right as there is no article Rajit's fans should wait until the epi air & watch the performances but again such spiller actually never turned false,so I afraid that.If the act lack danceing the contestants are definetly not at fault coz they themselves not doing the choreography,So You cant blame one contestant untill he performed worst in that lack of danceing act as well,All contestants acts should be given equal importance,to take care of ,that they dont get eliminated for the bad choreography.lack of dancing but for not dancing well.& If then the judges were actually eliminating them (due to bad dancing) I'd have called them fair judges.
There is no way I can say karan Khanna ,Surjeet Ankan are not good but If I watch the graph of the show,Yes Rajit definatly deserved to be in Top 2 Im not even fond of the word "3"

It's not always about you are supporting someone coz you are his fans.Watching them  growing with each performance what matter.If he was giving so so performances & wasn't versatile I'd not even uter a single word,afterall who doesn't know reality shows lack reality & they hardly let the deserving contestant win.

Believe or not,its just an unbiased comment but readers can take it whatever way they want,I cant help it :)

Edit : Ahh!It became quite a long one but hope my points were vaild ;)
Edited by piya2025 - 12 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail
maybe rajit didnt deserve to be in the finals, maybe he did, same goes for abhas, maybe he did or maybe he didnt, but that really doesnt stop the judges being biased. Ankan and karan are my favorites and they r in the final, but that doesnt mean the judges were not biased throughout.
I think the dejected fans are just trying to pull up thatpoint, karanp fans realised it when their favorite was at the receiving end, rajit and abhas fans are saying now.
truth is, from the beginning,m right from audition and grand audition, i thought  farah and Vm are doing a very loose job. specially grand audition was a huge mess. they selected good dancers  only to boot them out  and take weak dancers like trishala in top 21. while dancers like bhabini, suchna were booted out clearly coz they were older than the average 25 yr age group.

back in the gala rounds or whatever, theiur constant praise of meher saving her through average performances, their heralding of saumita,all through her lacklustre dance  performances till top 6 was annoying to say the least.  whenever some one did something diff, they were thrown in bottom 2. judges cried from the top  of their voice classical classical  so good, when only kathak was done, someone attempted bharatnatyam and thrown into bottom 3. abhas was thrown in bottom 3 the day he , imo , did the best , his krumping with dabang.

they have rated dancers more than they deserve only to realise oh what have we done and throw them out just when their confidence needed boosting. 

So whatever may the results be, judging in JD  has been one steady downward slope.
Edited by Tannistha - 12 years ago
SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Watch the show but never had favs,felt bad when Irfan left. I feel Rajit is more versatile than Abhash as he can do any type of dance where as with Abhash it seems like he's stuck with a certain style. Surjeet how good I don't know but its surprising he is in SF though
piya2025 thumbnail
^Tannistha-Is that you name? I guess yes.
The Point is not whose fan saying what,I,myself just have got one point & That is-It's all in your hand.Keeping the best & eliminating the rest is all your hand.AS for when  KSP got eliminated,Then I can hardly remember that what the guy did apart from his 2superb classical acts.One in his 1st audition & 2nd with Shoumita,any other remarkable act did he present? NO.Him geting eliminated was bound to be happen but yes,geting eliminated on the day of double elimination that was not so right,how can it be when the rules were so wrong.

I may sounds like a super big rajit fan,Yeah one may call me that coz God I'm hopelessly upset over the fact that he's not in Top3 (acc to the spoiler)& Him being not better than Karan & Surjeet,(I'd still give Ankan & benifit of doubt,I saw his acts,In few he were magical.On that he deserved to be on one the top contestant but if one talk about fair judgement then he doesn't)That is just so not true.I said again & I repeat Its just choreographer whose duty to give equal dance steps to the performer based on the form but if they doesn't do that how can one put the contestants @ fault..They just prove that they know whom they want as winner so they give them the acts (esp,on such stage when show is receiving its ends)acc to that.
Then How can JD the best show in the world when the judgement itself is so wrong & biased?& also its not about being dejected fans or winners fans side its just that Who find their fav (i'd use this term) in the finale they prefer to keep quite & dont pay attention be it a deserving one going out or not & When someone (which I did actually) Dont find as a veiwer that the deserving one geting what he deserves & speak againts it,one may call me "That contestant fan + so Im saying this..πŸ˜†
& Honestly,More than the contestant HR got the limelight, Flim ka bhi promotion kar lia,Music video bhi launch kar lia,Fame bhi milla,TV pe debue bhi ho gaya. But the good contestant got what? - A lil more than "nothing"

Edit : Just notice..umm didn't get this bit,care to clarify😳

"
they have rated dancers more than they deserve only to realise oh what have we done and throw them out just when their confidence needed boosting. "

Edited by piya2025 - 12 years ago
-Seraphic- thumbnail
EDIT : I've added an additional point in my post, in bold, to clarify exactly what I meant. Because I think I didn't come clear initially, and hence the proceeding discussion went a little off-track. What I was talking about, is the elimination bit (in the top 13), which IMHO has always been correct. And I've never found any elimination unfair/wrong. 
-Seraphic- thumbnail
Originally posted by: piya2025

If judges were so awesome in their judgment then the rules of eliminating & Top4/bottom 4 or 3 were not changing time to time..There were not a "No elimination" day when it was visible who was the weekest,(Now If I write this,hopefully I wont be called as -Anti Ankan fan n all..)ff they were that fair,that day instead of Swarali & maher,Maher & Ankan would have gone home.(& if they actually judge on "the day's performance)If they were that fair,they would have pointed out Ankan when his acts lack dance instead of praising him as It was the best,If they were actually judging fair Instead of Ankan,Karan was named as the 1st semi-finalist.

I suggest you should read my edited portion. In my entire post I'm only talking about eliminations, and not regarding hypes etc. 😊 As far as the Swarali/Ankan thing is concerned, I think they were almost at par that day, both lacking dance and more high on emotion and drama. Anyone in or out that day, would've been the same thing. IMO, saving Ankan was a better idea, but of course, being saved first among the four danger contestants was definitely wrong. As Rajit was clearly the best among them!

Yes,You are right as there is no article Rajit's fans should wait until the epi air & watch the performances but again such spiller actually never turned false,so I afraid that.If the act lack danceing the contestants are definetly not at fault coz they themselves not doing the choreography,So You cant blame one contestant untill he performed worst in that lack of danceing act as well,All contestants acts should be given equal importance,to take care of ,that they dont get eliminated for the bad choreography.lack of dancing but for not dancing well.& If then the judges were actually eliminating them (due to bad dancing) I'd have called them fair judges.

I agree with the choreography part. But that is a completely different issue. And I too feel that many contestants have suffered because of it at different points in the competition, and not just Rajit. Infact, I think Rajit and Ankan are the only two lucky ones who have never received poor choreography and always got good concepts! And correct me if I'm recalling wrong, but I think in the senior stages of this competition, the choreography issues have died down. It was only in the initial gala episodes, that we had to bear with this problem!

There is no way I can say karan Khanna ,Surjeet Ankan are not good but If I watch the graph of the show,Yes Rajit definatly deserved to be in Top 2 Im not even fond of the word "3"

If you're talking about graph, IMHO, Karan and Surjit are at par, if not above, Rajit. Their graph has always been improving, and with every week they are just getting better and better. πŸ˜Š

And I completely agree with the portions I have not quoted! πŸ‘πŸΌ Thanks for replying!
-Seraphic- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tannistha

maybe rajit didnt deserve to be in the finals, maybe he did, same goes for abhas, maybe he did or maybe he didnt, but that really doesnt stop the judges being biased. Ankan and karan are my favorites and they r in the final, but that doesnt mean the judges were not biased throughout.

I think the dejected fans are just trying to pull up thatpoint, karanp fans realised it when their favorite was at the receiving end, rajit and abhas fans are saying now.
truth is, from the beginning,m right from audition and grand audition, i thought  farah and Vm are doing a very loose job. specially grand audition was a huge mess. they selected good dancers  only to boot them out  and take weak dancers like trishala in top 21. while dancers like bhabini, suchna were booted out clearly coz they were older than the average 25 yr age group.

back in the gala rounds or whatever, theiur constant praise of meher saving her through average performances, their heralding of saumita,all through her lacklustre dance  performances till top 6 was annoying to say the least.  whenever some one did something diff, they were thrown in bottom 2. judges cried from the top  of their voice classical classical  so good, when only kathak was done, someone attempted bharatnatyam and thrown into bottom 3. abhas was thrown in bottom 3 the day he , imo , did the best , his krumping with dabang.

they have rated dancers more than they deserve only to realise oh what have we done and throw them out just when their confidence needed boosting. 

So whatever may the results be, judging in JD  has been one steady downward slope.

I couldn't agree with you more! πŸ‘πŸΌ But I was just talking about the elimination thing. I don't think they have eliminated the wrong contestant since top 13. 

And about the top 21 selection, well it was a disaster! Couldn't believe my eyes when great dancers were being eliminated and trishala, of all contestants, got selected instead!  Btw, in Taiyaari Jeet Ki, Farah once clearly stated, that few good dancers had not been chosen in top 21 just because they didnt have good personality / stage presence. And few had been selected for the same reason. Maybe, this is because the winner has to perform with Hrithik, and should look good with him. πŸ˜• But she did make it clear then that from now on their decisions would be purely dance-based.

As for Soumita, the less said the better πŸ˜† But I think the whole hype thing was just because the judges had to keep a girl, just for the sake of having a girl in the competition. And it was obvious that all JD girls were strictly average. So they didn't have alot of options, right? πŸ˜›

Edited by -Seraphic- - 12 years ago
piya2025 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Seraphic-

I suggest you should read my edited portion. In my entire post I'm only talking about eliminations, and not regarding hypes etc. 😊 As far as the Swarali/Ankan thing is concerned, I think they were almost at par that day, both lacking dance and more high on emotion and drama. Anyone in or out that day, would've been the same thing. IMO, saving Ankan was a better idea, but of course, being saved first among the four danger contestants was definitely wrong. As Rajit was clearly the best among them!

Thanks ! I just read that portion,But honestly,that doesn't make any difference to my previous  post,Why.. I'm telling you,As you mentioned Swarali & Ankan both were at the same level that day as both of them had some nice concept but lacked dance but _! Swarali got comment that "it had lack of dancing" where Ankan got :It was so good that they wanted more" So if they were actually not bias (They could save Ankan) but yet atleast could give the honest judgement.Now why they saved him & why saving him was a better idea,Coz Ankan has been one of the tough & nicest performer of JD & choosing him over Swarali wasn't really wrong,afterall you cant lose a contestant who is great comparing to the other one,So here it proves that "previous performances does matter"

As for choosing Ankan 1st & Rajit last,See I really didn't think about that but you already said "thats the hype" When It comes to Ankan they do use their tricks :)

I agree with the choreography part. But that is a completely different issue. And I too feel that many contestants have suffered because of it at different points in the competition, and not just Rajit. Infact, I think Rajit and Ankan are the only two lucky ones who have never received poor choreography and always got good concepts! And correct me if I'm recalling wrong, but I think in the senior stages of this competition, the choreography issues have died down. It was only in the initial gala episodes, that we had to bear with this problem!

I agree when It comes to Rajit,Yes His concept & Dance were always great may be thats the reason he never had to come @ bottom 4,due to his dance or the choreo but poor Ankan got a lil unlucky here I'd say coz he had the capacity but yet due to lack of dance in some of the acts of his,fellow ended up giving ok-'Kinda done before by him performances.( Not his fault coz whatever given to him,he did perform well)
Umm if choreography was never a issue then why judges gives comment as such that "your performance lacks dance" Its just that from the celeb episode we are not hearing it,isn't it or Im being the OTT one here ?πŸ˜•

If you're talking about graph, IMHO, Karan and Surjit are at par, if not above, Rajit. Their graph has always been improving, and with every week they are just getting better and better. πŸ˜Š

You got me all wrong here😳I didn't mean it from the improvement POV,From that way there is hardly anyone who can touch Karan.K & Surjeet,They did reaches the heights of improvement πŸ‘ & I was talking about the graph of all the contestant from the best to the weaker ones.Now Point to be noted- If they could save Ankan neglecting Swarali based on the fact that he's anyday better than her,Then Rajit toh always been one of the best,Isn't it?,KK & Sirji are there coz they have improved but he always given his best,then how come they are now choosing them over him? & how now the previous performances doesn't matter? Is this rule only take its place when it comes to  one contestant ?Isn't it a question which make you think atleast for once?
There are so many reality shows which gets the winner who are most improved but then again we all feel bad watching them as winner coz the best had to go out coz of public's poor voting & here coz of judges's judgement .

And I completely agree with the portions I have not quoted! πŸ‘πŸΌ Thanks for replying!
[/QUOTE] You are wellcome.It had been nice discussing overall,Infact in whatever thread  I replied,I did liked the way discussion was going on :)
At last as you said the show is going to be end,as usual who will be the winner If its Karan or Surjeet,Few fans may feel good but honestly they wont be the true winner..Im not puting them down just stating a fact ..as for Ankan If he wins na then too it wont be that competitive,The real win is that when you get a "that good" competitor who matches up to you "neck to neck"
Baki all the dancers are/were awesome ,Im sure they will be giving nice performances but still it'll be lacking somewhere,Only time can make us wittness that ;)

Okey,I actually discussed everything & I really think nothing left for me to discuss about JD,anymore.Rajit- I want him to make it big not as a BG dancer,His talent worth more than that & Im sure he'll Make it big some fine day.:)

Enjoy the show :) & Thanks for the wonderful discussion thread.

Piya.

LeadNitrate thumbnail
Originally posted by: piya2025

^Tannistha-Is that you name? I guess yes.

Yes😊

I said again & I repeat Its just choreographer whose duty to give equal dance steps to the performer based on the form but if they doesn't do that how can one put the contestants @ fault..They just prove that they know whom they want as winner so they give them the acts (esp,on such stage when show is receiving its ends)acc to that.
Then How can JD the best show in the world when the judgement itself is so wrong & biased?& also its not about being dejected fans or winners fans side its just that Who find their fav (i'd use this term) in the finale they prefer to keep quite & dont pay attention be it a deserving one going out or not & When someone (which I did actually) Dont find as a veiwer that the deserving one geting what he deserves & speak againts it,one may call me "That contestant fan + so Im saying this..πŸ˜†

there is no end to to the loose ends, crappy choreography, poor judging on saturdays,extremely biased attitude at some contestants, I have been saying it from day one.  

& Honestly,More than the contestant HR got the limelight, Flim ka bhi promotion kar lia,Music video bhi launch kar lia,Fame bhi milla,TV pe debue bhi ho gaya. But the good contestant got what? - A lil more than "nothing"

well, atleast they stopped  the god of dance   phrase, god knows how many times it was repeated during the audition and each time i felt like killing them. nothing can be crappier than that.

Edit : Just notice..umm didn't get this bit,care to clarify😳

"

they have rated dancers more than they deserve only to realise oh what have we done and throw them out just when their confidence needed boosting. "

clarification:

quite a number of times they took dancers, right from beginning and pushed them through the levels without properly judging their potential, giving them high hopes and booting them out later. mayuri bhandari was given a direct HR bracelet for an average audition. to make up for that, she was booted out in grand audition when she actually did a difficult popping bit and a wonderful ballet turn, coz app she was too technical. trishala was pushed to top 21 and then booted out after she give a really good performance. Meher has been praised for doing same ol same ol bellydance every week, saved from eliminations and was booted out the day she did something different, i thought her elimination contemporary was really good, biggest example KSP. he was pushed through in tp13, praised for his brilliant kathak right from beginning instead of pushing him to work on his weak points and then booted out at a very convenient moment. yes his performance was not that good on his elimination day, but how can someone be selected on a grandaudition when they did not even perform? if i recall sharmistha fell sick and she was replaced by surjeet.

hope this helps
1 2
Next