TOI-TV can be gruelling: Ram Kapoor

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

TV industry reacts to the rigorous shooting schedules that take a toll on creative and technical members...

Saurabh Tewari, Channel Honcho:
Extensive working hours affect creative and technical teams badly, especially actors and directors. Recently, we lost director Yatin Dang. He was only 40. Apparently, he was shooting day and night and couldn't take care of his health. It has nothing to do with one show or one channel... the entire industry is functioning this way. Immense pressure to deliver episodes, additional content in the name of maha-episodes, madness to garner better TRPs have resulted into the TV industry becoming a demon slowly swallowing the talent. It's sad.

Ragini Khanna, Actress:
I have had my share of falling ill due to rigorous TV shoots. In fact, I was almost hospitalised once due to extreme fatigue. Since you have to perform and give a shot in a certain time, there is also that additional stress on the mind, making it more taxing. You can't blame anyone for this; it's the system that's faulty. What I've tried to do is build up my resistance by working out for half a day and taking a power nap when I get a break in between a shot.

Ram Kapoor, Actor:
TV can be gruelling, especially for a newcomer. You have to battle deadlines and really work against the clock. I remember earlier there were times when I started work on Sundays and didn't come home till Monday. But that's just how it is, you have to find a way out. I guess it's only when you establish yourself that the hours get easier. Thankfully, I've reached a level where they do adjust the schedule, where they can, for me. Also, I feel when you're enjoying the work you do, the tiredness doesn't matter.

Shweta Tiwari, Actress:
I once shot for 52 hours at a stretch for TV and it wasn't easy. I didn't faint and my body got used to it. But not everyone can take this pace. There is just so much work when it comes to television and the shooting can definitely get tiring on the body. I guess you have to try and get accustomed to it.

Roshni Chopra, Actress:
I really faced a tough time recently where I suffered tremendous exhaustion while going around the country for two shows. In addition, I was coping with a non-stop shooting schedule for Comedy Circus, so it was tough on my health. In the past too, I have had to go to the hospital for a saline drip and then resume shooting.

LINK=TV can be gruelling: Ram Kapoor
Edited by shanti05 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanti05 thumbnail
So true every other day  we hear actors  falling sick over stressed out .. TV is grueling..Stress level increases ...and that  shows on actors faces also inspite of make up
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Shanti for sharing. Its true all these serials demand crazy schedules from the actors. Health is disregarded, but thats how this industry works. My sincere wishes for their better  health as they toil day and night striving to give 200% for each and every scene.
anizor thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing shanti, long hours take its toll on stars health,but the industry is cut throat , so every body keeps on sloging no matter what the toll,
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Sometimes we forget actors are human too...Work can be gruelling...To keep up with the rat race they work more and kill themselves in the process...Felt sad  reading abt the lives of actors

I'm reminded of a poem by W.H. Davies

What is this life if full of care?
We have no time to stand and stare
No time to stare beneath the bough
and stare as long as sheep and cows😆

No rest can lead to health issues and after sometime makeup cannot cover the tiredness and wrinkles of the actors
shanti05 thumbnail
When I look at these new actors also or actors who have those bodies and all that they take to be in shape but  their faces seem so tired  mainly excessive gym and then the overload of hours they are on the sets and they show on their faces that the dialogues and the scenes seem to take the toll and the execution seems done for finishing it for the day

Hope the industry can slowed and forget the rat race and  take the show at a normal pace and actors are given a good 8-10 hours instead of 15 to 16 hours  and on top of that they  do reality shows so jumping from one place to the other
saisamanvi thumbnail
thanks for sharing shanti...
sanw thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing

loved to read Ram's views

I know how it all must be