fabulous 👏...please pm me, when u update  😊

Thanks, sent you a buddy request, Please accept it for future PMs

Originally posted by: AbhiYa_luver

Awesome! Jealous Arnav is so cute! ☺️ 

Please continue soon!

Thank you! Updating today hopefully :)

Edited by nayika - 12 years ago
Posted: 12 years ago

Hope you enjoy this part. Sorry that the update has taken so long but I have written SO many other fics on Arnav/Khushi that you might want to check out. Just go to my Index to read them all. (You can find the link in my signature)

Please make sure to send me a Buddy Request if you want future PMs

Chapter 15

Arnav rang Lavanya as soon as he got home and told her he'd be there in a couple of hours to pick her up for the party. 'Just as friends, it's not a date,' he added sharply when he sensed her enthusiasm. He was ready within 30 minutes and paced in his room up and down until he could leave.

'What do you mean you don't know?' Arnav had been expecting to either find Khushi at Lavanya's or pick her up on route so he couldn't quite comprehend what Lavanya was saying. 'How is she getting to the party then?

'I don't know ASR, she didn't tell me. She just said she would meet me there.'

'You mean she's getting a taxi at this time of night? Alone?' He instantly took his phone out and dialled her number.

'Hello, Khushi?'

'No, this is her father, who's this?'

'Oh hello Uncle, could I speak to Khushi please? It's Arnav Singh Raizada.'

'Oh sorry son, she and Payal have already left. Was it important?

'Oh no it doesn't matter. Thank you anyway.'

Arnav felt relieved slightly that Payal was with her but he knew he wouldn't feel completely relieved until he could actually speak to Khushi. If she had a phone he could have called her directly but of course being the idiot that he was he'd broken hers in a fit of anger.

Khushi rubbed her arms together against the cold until she felt Abhi's hands cross over her chest and come over hers as he hugged her from behind. They were standing outside of the party because she'd felt uncomfortable going in without Lavanya being here since they didn't know anyone else that would be at the party.

Abhi caught the sidelong glance Payal was giving him and bent his head down pretending to whisper to Khushi. 'Khushi, I think your Jiji thinks I have wrong intentions towards you.'

Payal instantly looked flustered and embarrassed, 'no, no I wasn't thinking anything like that.'

'Well then, you must have been jealous! Do you want me to hug you too?' Abhi pretended to reach over to Payal to include her in the hug but she backed away laughing and he hugged Khushi again.

Khushi wrapped her arms over Abhis protectively, 'Jiji! It's nothing like that. You know Abhi and I are just friends. Best friends.'

'Just for now, as a placeholder until someone better comes along,' Abhi added with a cheeky smile.

Arnav slammed his foot on the brake when he saw them causing Lavanya to jerk forward. 'ASR!'

Arnav didn't reply but clenched his fists on the steering wheel as he parked, not concentrating on the manoeuvre but rather on the placement of Abhinav's hands on Khushi.

'Oh look there they are!' Lavanya jumped out of the car and Arnav unclenched his fists slowly as Khushi left Abhinav's arms to hug Lavanya. He stepped out of the car and slammed the door shut causing Khushi's eyes to fly up to clash with his over Lavanya's shoulder.

Shocked was not the word to describe Khushi's reaction upon seeing Arnav. What was he doing here? And with Lavanya! Were they back together? Were they dating? Had he agreed to marry her?

Khushi looked away from Arnav not wanting him to see the turmoil in her eyes and went back to stand with Payal and Abhi before they all followed Lavanya into the party. Khushi could feel his eyes on her as he walked behind her. She wondered if this was her fault. If only she hadn't mentioned Lavanya this afternoon.

Arnav stood on the sidelines as Lavanya introduced Khushi, Payal and Abhinav to various people  as he already knew most of them having been reluctantly dragged to a couple of these parties in the past. He observed Khushi and Abhinav closely for any other signs of affection. From the way Abhinav had been hugging Khushi and how she hadn't been resisting Arnav concluded that they must be dating.

It angered him to think Khushi wouldn't tell him about having a boyfriend. Although why would she? They weren't friends, he wasn't even her employer anymore. What were they?

'This is my favourite song! Come on Khushi, let's dance!' Abhi grabbed Khushi's hand and led her to the middle of a group of people dancing to some English song that Khushi didn't recognise.

'But, I don't...' Khushi broke off laughing as Abhi held both of her hands in his and made her dance along with him. Dancing always made Khushi feel happy. Usually she only did it in the privacy of her room with Jiji for company but dancing with a big group of people was even more fun somehow.

Arnav watched Khushi and Abhinav dance and clenched his teeth as he saw Abhinav leave Khushi's hands to hold her waist instead. He turned to Payal who was standing next to him looking awkward, 'let's dance.'

'What?!'

Khushi was still dancing when she looked over and saw her Jiji looking frightened as Arnav towered over her. Who the hell did he think he was? He could say what he liked to her but nobody scared her Jiji! She held Abhi's hand and pulled him with her and off the dance floor back towards Payal and Arnav.

'What's going on? What did you say to her?!'

'Erm... it's nothing, Khushi. Arnavji just asked me to dance,' Payal answered nervously.

'What?!'

Arnav was staring at Khushi and Abhinav's hands which were still linked together. He hadn't meant to ask Payal to dance, it had just come out somehow. He'd just wanted a reason to stop staring at Khushi and Abhinav and he'd asked the closest person available. He would have asked Lavanya except she was off dancing with her friends somewhere.

Khushi looked at Arnav and then Payal bewildered. Why was he asking Jiji to dance? They barely knew each other and she knew for a fact that Jiji still didn't like Arnav so there was no way she would dance with him. 'Jiji, do you want to dance? Abhi, take Jiji and dance.'

'No Khushi, I don't want to...' Payal's sentence was cut off as Abhi took her hand and pulled her towards the crowds as he had done with Khushi earlier.

Khushi stood nervously next to Arnav, not sure what was going on. Why was he standing here alone? Why wasn't he dancing with Lavanya? She felt a small burst of hope at the thought that maybe he wasn't here with Lavanya. Maybe he'd come because he knew she would be here.

'Are you and Lavanya...'

'Are you and Abhinav...'

They both spoke at the same time but stopped and looked away when they heard the other speak.

Arnav looked at Payal and Abhinav dancing similarly to how Khushi and Abhinav had been dancing only moments earlier and again his mouth seemed to move of its own accord, 'will you dance with me?'

'Dance?'

Arnav nodded, not trusting himself to speak.

Khushi nodded back, unable to say no under his gaze and they began to walk awkwardly towards the dance floor.

When they got to the middle Arnav stopped and held out a hand to Khushi which she took hesitantly. He felt the warmth of her palm slide over his own cold hand and he let his fingers trail over her skin. The music was fast but Arnav disregarded the pace it was attempting to set and put his other hand gently on Khushi's waist before stepping closer and closer to her until she put her hand on his chest. Whether to stop him from advancing further or because she couldn't help herself he didn't know.

Her hand went up to his chest automatically as if it didn't need a command from her brain. Khushi was hypnotised. Hypnotised by his eyes, hypnotised by his touch. There was nobody else in the room, there was no music, only the deafening beat of her heart.

Arnav heard the song change somewhere in the distant recesses of his mind but he didn't let go of Khushi instead he pulled her closer. Her hand that had been on his chest slid up towards his shoulder and Arnav closed his eyes briefly at her touch. It seemed to burn through his jacket, waistcoat and even his shirt.  What they were doing could hardly be called dancing, they barely moved, only stepping from side to side every once in a while.

Khushi suddenly realised there was another hand at her shoulder shaking her. 'Why do you have three hands Arnavji?'

'What?'Arnav felt the spell she had cast on him break as she spoke and he saw the man standing at her shoulder.

Abhi shook Khushi's shoulder again, 'Khushi, do you want a drink?'

Khushi immediately let go of Arnav and stepped back fumbling as Abhi caught her and steadied her looking at her strangely. 'Drink?'

'Erm... yes,' she walked away with Payal and Abhi making sure to not look back. She could feel her cheeks flaming red and she didn't want him to see the effect he'd had on her. What was wrong with her? Had she forgotten this was Arnav Singh Raizada: rakshas, Laad Governer, former-mortal enemy!

Arnav watched her walk away from him willing her to look back as she always did. He held his breath as she walked further and further without looking and then she turned and he let himself breathe again. Even with so much distance between them Arnav could see the confusion in her eyes.

Arnav didn't ask her to dance again. He had only watched silently as she danced with Abhinav and Payal. He noticed that she smiled more when she was dancing, or maybe when she was around Abhinav. A lot more than she ever seemed to smile around him in any case. She danced the same way she did everything else; enthusiastically and whole heartedly. However she seemed to gain an elegance while dancing that was significantly lacking in her ordinary endearingly clumsy movements.

He went to sleep that night using the same pillow Khushi had earlier in the day. He could smell her perfume lingering on the fabric and he smiled to himself as he turned off the light.

Her scent invaded his dreams and Arnav dreamt about her every day that week. Sometimes he dreamt of when she'd danced with him, sometimes she was just dancing energetically on her own and strangest of all he had even dreamt of dancing along with her in that same very un-ASR way.

Chapter 16: Here

Edited by nayika - 12 years ago
_mahi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

awww nayika👏👏... what a beautiful update sweetie..😳😳

mind blowing dear👏.. fantastic update⭐️

loved the jealous arnav😉.. n i fell out of my chair laughing🤣 when arnav asked PAYAL to dance with him😆.. huh????????????😲😲😲 hahahaa🤣... i can hardly imagine the two😆.. haha😆

n i felt so glad to see ArHi dancing😳.. awww😛.. they were almost hugging eachother..😉

i was hoping for more but then that kabab mein haddi had to interrupt.. 😡😡😡

hope to have more beautiful scenes soon dear😳

thanks a lot for the pm hun😃.. n please update soon😛
Edited by _mahi_ - 12 years ago
AquaBluez17 thumbnail
wow! thanks Nayika! tht wuz a great write up! loved it tons!
FebruaryFlower thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nayika!!
Loved the update sugar!!!
Yippee..Arnav and Khushi danced!!!!
I hope Arnav understood that Khushi's not with Abhinav. If not, then I hope he realises soon enough!!
I loved the way he slept with the pillow she used...very romantic!
Looking forward to the next part hun.
Thanks a bunch for the PM!!
 😊
soni4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awsum update
aww arnav n khush danced 
cnt w8 2 read more
fanx 4 da pm plzz cont soon x 😊
Originally posted by: _mahi_

awww nayika👏👏... what a beautiful update sweetie..😳😳

mind blowing dear👏.. fantastic update⭐️

loved the jealous arnav😉.. n i fell out of my chair laughing🤣 when arnav asked PAYAL to dance with him😆.. huh????????????😲😲😲 hahahaa🤣... i can hardly imagine the two😆.. haha😆

n i felt so glad to see ArHi dancing😳.. awww😛.. they were almost hugging eachother..😉

i was hoping for more but then that kabab mein haddi had to interrupt.. 😡😡😡

hope to have more beautiful scenes soon dear😳

thanks a lot for the pm hun😃.. n please update soon😛

Thanks so much!

Haha, yes I thought the idea of Payal and Arnav dancing was hilarious so I had to include that! :D

Stupid Abhi! Always interrupting :P I must get rid of him somehow!
Originally posted by: aquablue17

wow! thanks Nayika! tht wuz a great write up! loved it tons!

Aww thank you :)

Originally posted by: littlemoi

AWESOME UPDATE!!!

Thanks!

Originally posted by: FebruaryFlower

Nayika!!

Loved the update sugar!!!
Yippee..Arnav and Khushi danced!!!!
I hope Arnav understood that Khushi's not with Abhinav. If not, then I hope he realises soon enough!!
I loved the way he slept with the pillow she used...very romantic!
Looking forward to the next part hun.
Thanks a bunch for the PM!!
 😊

Thanks so much! Glad you liked it :D

Unfortunately I have plans for Abhi. So he's not going away anytime soon ;)

He's using the pillow as his own placeholder until Khushi comes to his bed :P