Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Chapter 9

Khushi looked up again quickly at Arnav and Abhinav to find Arnav staring at her once again. She turned back to her computer instantly. She couldn't understand what was going on, here he was back in her life but it was so anti-climactic. She couldn't believe that he hadn't spoken to her directly even once. The meeting seemed to be lasting forever. Everybody else in the office had already gone home. Khushi knew Abhinav wasn't the type to expect her to wait around for him but she couldn't bring herself to leave while Arnav was still in the office.

'Don't look Khushi, don't look,' but despite herself she found her eyes sliding towards the window again to see Arnav and Abhinav standing up and shaking hands.  She quickly turned off her computer and grabbed her bag and left her office at the same time they left Abhinav's.

Abhinav turned to her in surprise, 'Khushi you're still here? You didn't have to wait.'

'Erm... no, no I just had some work to finish,' she mumbled her sentence aware of Arnav's scrutinising gaze. It was almost as if he could tell she was lying.

'Well it's late so I'll drop you off home, come on.'

'No' Arnav said quickly looking away from Khushi. 'I'll take her, besides I haven't had a chance to speak to Khushi at all. You know she used to work for me before you, Abhinav.'

It almost sounded territorial to Khushi, as if he was staking his prior claim on her. 'What am I, a piece of meat? No I had it first, no you had it first.'

'Shall we go Khushi?'

Khushi looked up in shock, this was probably the first time ever Arnav had asked her to do something rather than demanded so she only nodded dumbly and followed him to the door. The first thing she noticed was that his white SUV was back and she remembered the incident with her belt again and walked ahead so there would be no chance of him even opening the door for her.

Arnav smiled as he watched her go from walking meekly behind him to suddenly running in front and pausing by the passenger door. This girl was so strange, so childlike but so centred at the same time. He unlocked the car and got in and waited for her to get in and fix her seatbelt. It took her considerably longer than it should have and he concluded she was probably still nervous he would shout at her or something.

'Okay now?' He said almost laughing as she had finally settled after fixing her seat belt, her plait and arranging her bag nicely.

Immediately Khushi forgot her nervousness 'Why are you laughing? First of all your car is so difficult like you, I mean is there really any need for a car to be a mile off the ground. I almost had to hire a helicopter to get up here and now you're laughing at me?'

Arnav only laughed more and started the car. Khushi felt almost as if her heart was bursting out of her chest. 'I can't believe this Lord Governer even knows how to laugh and when he laughs...oh God.' Seeing him smile had been one thing and Khushi had obsessed over that smile for three weeks but his laughter was something else. He didn't look anything like Arnav Singh Raizada the walking devil when he laughed. He looked different, he looked happy and he looked...hot. Khushi felt her cheeks burning as she realised she had just mentally described Arnav Singh Raizada as hot.

'Are you hot?'

The question startled Khushi and she turned back suddenly, 'hot? Not me, you. I mean no... I mean I..erm..'

'Okay... I'll turn the AC on then, if that's okay?' Arnav turned the AC on and went back to driving. He couldn't help but sneak looks at Khushi every so often on the pretence of checking traffic. She was obviously blushing and while she looked very pretty while doing it he could think of nothing he had said to incite it. Therefore she must be thinking about Abhinav, which was not a pleasant thought at all. He thought back to when he had first seen them chatting in the office so easily and friendly compared it to his own current uneasy awkward silence with Khushi and he had a strange desire to engage in small talk.

Arnav tried to plan what he would say in his head but nothing sounded right. Finally as they came to a standstill in traffic he decided to just take the plunge and go for whatever came out of his mouth.

'So Khushi...How h-have you..are you good?' Was that really his voice? Had that stuttering weak voice really come out of Arnav Singh Raizada's mouth? He cleared his throat and tried again. 'How have you been Khushi?'

He was pleased she had turned to face him rather than her usual habit of looking away but she only looked at him blankly with her mouth open.

Khushi wondered if she had heard correctly or if her mind was playing tricks on her. The first sentence possibly but the second she had actually seen his mouth move and the words leave his lips. She wasn't sure what to make of this situation and so she reverted to her usual defence mechanism of talking nonsense.

'I...I'm fine. Actually I'm very good, today was a very good day at the office. Although I'm a bit worried since this is the first time I've left Bauji alone all day since he came to Delhi. I mean of course he's not alone-alone. There's Amma and Jiji and of course my Aunt but it's just not the same. I'm sure I'm his favourite, I mean he would never admit it. He always says he likes me and Jiji the same but I know really he likes me better. And how are you Arnavji? Everyone at home okay? Nani and Anjaliji? And you know I even miss Mamiji a bit, although not too much I'm sure you understand.'

'Oh yes I understand,' Arnav smiled as he thought about his Mami. He loved her because he had to and he knew she cared in her own very unique way but he had to admit if she wasn't a relative he might have strangled her 1000 times by now. 'Everybody's fine, Nani and Di talk about you all the time you know. I think they miss you. Maybe you could visit sometime?' His voice had a hopeful strain in it that he hadn't intended for it to have but he was pleased at Khushi's enthusiastic nodding to his suggestion.

'So did you say your father was in Delhi now?'

'Oh yes, you see he had a heart attack and we were all so worried about him and we were even going to go back to Lucknow but I can't really work in Lucknow so it was easier for them to come here. Plus the medical services here are so much better for Bauji and I didn't really want to leave... Delhi anyway.' Khushi's sentence trailed away as she realised what she had been about to say. The thought had just entered her mind and she had no idea from. Why wouldn't she want to leave Arnav behind? What was he to her? Just a former boss, that's all.

Arnav felt the same feelings of dread and relief that he had last time she had threatened to go to Lucknow and then he had found her hiding in his wardrobe. 'Makes sense I guess. Can I ask you something Khushi? Your sister, Payal right? Why doesn't she work?'

Khushi felt unexpected pleasure that he had remembered her Jiji's name. 'Well of course Jiji would work too if we really needed it, but she's not as educated as me but that doesn't really matter anyone would want to hire my Jiji she's so amazing. But really the she's just not as much of a social person as me. You know I can make friends so easily and my Aunt always says they're not really friends but just people who don't know how to make me shut up. My Aunt is always saying things like that, but I know she loves me. Kind of like your Mami I guess. You can't pick your family can you?'

Arnav briefly thought of his uncle and the bitter memories associated with him but for the first time in his life didn't dwell on the memories and instead concentrated on Khushi and how happy she looked while talking. Why would anyone want to shut her up if she always looked this beautiful while talking?

Khushi was always pretty, he couldn't deny that she was attractive in a general sense but 'beautiful' was a word Arnav had associated with Khushi twice before. The first time he saw her, dressed in green and then that red sari; bridal colours. What? Bridal colours? What was he thinking? But now here she was, in her ordinary clothes with her silly little side plait looking absolutely beautiful.

It seemed to Khushi that her house had arrived all too quickly. Surely it was further away? Suddenly she felt nervous again, had she really said all those things to him? Had they really had an actual conversation for once?

Arnav had stopped the car a few feet away with a brief smile on his lips as she undid her seat belt and started to open the car door. 'Should I order that helicopter now for you to get back down to earth?'

Khushi suddenly laughed causing a brief constriction in Arnav's chest before she mumbled 'thank you' and leaving. He waited until she'd gone into the house (after a lot of final looks at him he noted) before he started his car again and turned back towards home with a very large grin on his face.

Chapter 10: Here

Edited by nayika - 12 years ago
_mahi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
beautiful FF dear👏👏👏
please please add me to your pm list😳
i really like your writing style😃
keep the good work up😛
love
Mahi😳
moon_mine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
lovd it!!!!
amazing!!!!
no angry arnav!!!!
lovd their sweet n light convo!!!!
dyhardfan thumbnail
Awesome... was that really ASR????
Omg love does change u for the better... Lol
Great chapter dear. Thanks:)
.Saraa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
liked it soo much..its too goood..loved their normal convo
aadyakali thumbnail
Loved yr update as always. Ii is so nice to read all that we want to see on screen. great going
This content was originally posted by: aadyakali

Loved yr update as always. Ii is so nice to read all that we want to see on screen. great going

Thanks! :) I've actually liked the past couple of episodes, they've been so much fun to watch.

This content was originally posted by: sarach

liked it soo much..its too goood..loved their normal convo

This content was originally posted by: moon_mine

lovd it!!!!

amazing!!!!
no angry arnav!!!!
lovd their sweet n light convo!!!!

This content was originally posted by: dyhardfan

Awesome... was that really ASR????
Omg love does change u for the better... Lol
Great chapter dear. Thanks:)

Thank you guys! No need to worry, Angry-ASR will be making a reappearance. I just thought they needed to have at least one normal conversation before falling in love :P

This content was originally posted by: _mahi_

beautiful FF dear👏👏👏

please please add me to your pm list😳
i really like your writing style😃
keep the good work up😛
love
Mahi😳

Thanks so much! Added :)
hkhb17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
That was so beautiful. Do update soon!
Ended thumbnail
aww this is a very quite chapter. and a very good way for arnav and khushi to become on common terms on tv.
fab!
xxx