What about Ankur's dream??

tanthya thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Heyy My Lubbly Pals,

we have been going on and on about  how selfish, matlabi,khudgarz  Ankur is ?? we have derided him for not stopping over and allowing Sandhya  to fulfill her dreams ..But what about Ankur's dreams ?? ..Why r we not  looking at his dreams... hasn't he got a right to fulfill his own ..U may say not at the cost of Sandhy'a dream but then Can Sandhya  be allowed to fullfill her dreams at the cost fo Ankur's ??

As Ankur so rightly pointed out , getting into UPSC  is no child's play..sandhya may or may not crack it in the first year , her dream is a distant hazy goal ..it is not tangible  whereas Ankur's dream is already being realized ..it is tangible ...would not it be realistic and practical for Ankur to pursue what already is in his  hands than something which may never happen ..

Another pertinent point that Ankur raised was  Sandhy'a dream after her Marriage .. sad but true..many girls have given up their careers to maintain   their family ..what if Sandhya is forced to do the same  [  there is a high probability of this as her choice is rather different ]..then would not Ankur's sacrifice  be a waste ..this will definitely lead to resentment in his bosom ..

There is another  option that CV's have completely neglected to consider/tackle  .. That is the option of becoming a hosteler or PG .. This way both can achieve  their dreams and ofc we will not be gettin the DB πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the post tanthya.

I do not think Ankur is selfish.  He is rather practical and whatever he said was correct but the only thing that does not gel well is now he is the only blood relative and support for Sandhya and him arranging the marriage in just 15 days.  No sensible brother would do this.  Things may go wrong with hasty marriages.  It would be okay if the marriage is arranged in a family well known to them or a close relative but that is not the case here.  Also, Ankur is not going to US for long, he said just two years, then why hurry.  He can make some other arrangements like living with any relatives also.

I also thought Sandhya would offer to stay in PG or hostel.  Donno whether they will present this idea in tomorrow's epi or not.  But in Ankur's point of view, marriage would be the best solution for relieving his responsibilities fully.
Edited by b2011 - 12 years ago
ssweety007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks dii for the postπŸ˜ƒ
Agree to the points of Ankur...but marriage is definitely not the answer...
Here luckily for Sandhya...she gets a good life partner in Suraj...but everyone wont be this lucky...if she had problems in her marital life...the entire blame would be on Ankur...he'll be the only one responsible...

Even i felt the same thing...actually both of them can realize their dream...
Sandhya can opt for either a hostel facility or PG...else she can also stay with some relatives... it is not that dont have any relatives in the world...
Ankur could go abroad and also help her financially...

That would be practical..instead of marrying to some random family...
But as always no show is practical nor logicalπŸ˜†...
Angelbud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tanthya

Heyy My Lubbly Pals,

we have been going on and on about  how selfish, matlabi,khudgarz  Ankur is ?? we have derided him for not stopping over and allowing Sandhya  to fulfill her dreams ..But what about Ankur's dreams ?? ..Why r we not  looking at his dreams... hasn't he got a right to fulfill his own ..U may say not at the cost of Sandhy'a dream but then Can Sandhya  be allowed to fullfill her dreams at the cost fo Ankur's ??

As Ankur so rightly pointed out , getting into UPSC  is no child's play..sandhya may or may not crack it in the first year , her dream is a distant hazy goal ..it is not tangible  whereas Ankur's dream is already being realized ..it is tangible ...would not it be realistic and practical for Ankur to pursue what already is in his  hands than something which may never happen ..

Another pertinent point that Ankur raised was  Sandhy'a dream after her Marriage .. sad but true..many girls have given up their careers to maintain   their family ..what if Sandhya is forced to do the same  [  there is a high probability of this as her choice is rather different ]..then would not Ankur's sacrifice  be a waste ..this will definitely lead to resentment in his bosom ..

There is another  option that CV's have completely neglected to consider/tackle  .. That is the option of becoming a hosteler or PG .. This way both can achieve  their dreams and ofc we will not be gettin the DB πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Either way this particular dynamic points out that even with the parents out of the picture the brother in the family has the last say anyway!  The point is not "what about Ankurs dream" but "Why is only his dream given relevance to " I would have thought the death of both parents should change a few things, should they not? If Sandhya just agreed with him then I expect he would even expect her to clean all his clothes, organise all the arrangements, cook for him, and pack his bags as well eh Tanthya? 

Just goes to show that despite watching the show and putting endless posts about what happened in the show the above clearly misses the point once again!  This show costs a lot less than anyother on Star plus and by getting rid of the brother they don't have to pay the actors wages anyway saving even more money therefore!

Has anyone noticed that the writer of this topic has started using the word "pertinent"?  I was the first to introduce that on here!  Good that someone is reading and paying attention if not doing the same while watching DABH!   But then again my posts are more intresting than the MIL in the show! πŸ˜›

Masakalli thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i like the issue that youve raised...but i still think that ankur has acted selfishly - okay everyone has the right to fulfill their dream. But if he really loved his sister he would put his dream behind hers, and do whatever he can to fulfill her dream.

Who cares what happens in the future? Yes, I know many women choose to quit their career to concentrate on family/children and home, but Sandhya is not one of them - in fact she doesnt even want to marry yet! He should know his sister by now and give her a good start to her life and make her financially independent

I like the way the show is putting education on top of women's lists: THIS IS ESSENTIAL FOR EVERY WOMAN on earth XX
tanthya thumbnail

Originally posted by: b2011

Thanks for the post tanthya.

I do not think Ankur is selfish.  He is rather practical and whatever he said was correct but the only thing that does not gel well is now he is the only blood relative and support for Sandhya and him arranging the marriage in just 15 days.  No sensible brother would do this.  Things may go wrong with hasty marriages.  It would be okay if the marriage is arranged in a family well known to them or a close relative but that is not the case here.  Also, Ankur is not going to US for long, he said just two years, then why hurry.  He can make some other arrangements like living with any relatives also.

I also thought Sandhya would offer to stay in PG or hostel.  Donno whether they will present this idea in tomorrow's epi or not.  But in Ankur's point of view, marriage would be the best solution for relieving his responsibilities fully.

My Pleasure, bharathi πŸ˜ƒ..

I think  I would have felt  that he was being rather callous had he just decided to get her married  without the Damocles sword of 15 days , But that Sword is hanging and there is a presentiment that his dream may slip right  thru his fingers if he does not set his affairs right ...In such a scenario I can understand his rush to  hand her over to another family...I do not think he has become hasty as yet ... since he did go back to saumni's to check up on their relationship and also he did the proper thing of hiring a broker .. Right now he is scouting around  and has not agreed to the  first one who has come in the horizon... So lets give him the benefit of doubt until then !!

As for Hasty marriage.. That depends .. I have seen alliances fixed after proper consultation  , checking Bg of both the families , and the Astrologically suitable  jodi's crumbling like 9 pins ..whereas  ppl who confidently predicted that a marriage will not even last a month re certain jodi's going great Guns...

He is going for 2 Years , 730 days .  He just cant leave her alone  [ I really am curious about the lack of relatives ]  and going to relatives does not seem to be an option entertained here ..U know even if Ankur does not have relatives, Ankitha might be having, they could have left Sandhya there ..but then again CV's are not looking in that direction ..

Ankur does say that Sandhya has to get married sooner or later , then why not sooner ...I think he is trying to do the best for both of them but his best is not sufficient ...
ssweety007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Masakalli

i like the issue that youve raised...but i still think that ankur has acted selfishly - okay everyone has the right to fulfill their dream. But if he really loved his sister he would put his dream behind hers, and do whatever he can to fulfill her dream.

Who cares what happens in the future? Yes, I know many women choose to quit their career to concentrate on family/children and home, but Sandhya is not one of them - in fact she doesnt even want to marry yet! He should know his sister by now and give her a good start to her life and make her financially independent

I like the way the show is putting education on top of women's lists: THIS IS ESSENTIAL FOR EVERY WOMAN on earth XX

@bold...totally agree with uπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘
i am not defending Ankur in any way...dont get mewrongπŸ˜†...but thinking from his point of view...he thinks that her dream of being an IPS officer is just a fascination towards the law & order...he may not know how serious she is in her determination to be one...

But here...both are right in their mind...Ankur wants to go abroad and Sandhya is becoming an obstruction...Sandhya want to be fulfil her dream and Ankur is becoming an obstruction...

Edited by ssweety007 - 12 years ago
tanthya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Masakalli

Thank you, masakalli... I do have the tendency to go of tangent  or look from another POV..

@ bold , hun .. would not the same apply for Sandhya as well..If she truly loves her brother , knowing that going to US is. Ankur  most cherishes ambition and obsession and that he has finally got the chance of a lifetime, a chance which may never recur again..  Is it too much to expect Sandhya to shelve her   not happening so far dream to  Ankur Goal which is getting transferred into a reality ..

Ankur Cares, he knows that if Sandhya had to chuck her job after playing DSP for a year  and he stays  put in India after crushing his dreams, there will be a resentment and distance may come into their sibling bond ...

Totally agree  with you that they are showing that  women can have dreams/goals  but I would prefer Sandhya fighting for her dreams and finding a way out of it [ this mess]  instead of seeing her sitting with books when her very dream is being threatened
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Losing a parent is traumatic at any age.  In this situation when both parents are lost, is it possible to overcome the loss within such a short period (hardly less than a month) and pursue one's dream.

tanthya thumbnail

Originally posted by: b2011

Losing a parent is traumatic at any age.  In this situation when both parents are lost, is it possible to overcome the loss within such a short period (hardly less than a month) and pursue one's dream.

Speaking from Personal experience, Yes !! it is possible ..Bas it depends on how focused and determined u r ..Much Like Arjuna and the eye of the bird  in Mahabarath !! 😊