Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kiran255 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: aishwish

great post i completely agree.I still remember the day i was flipping channels and heard "mera maal kahin nahi jayega" and saw him doing all that maar dhar and  i was like "o teri Mishal don't do a show on this channel , kitni bhi bindas entry ho you'll end up yourself going to office coming back having extra long eye locks( which now i'm glad ltl never had) and marrying god knows how many women" then came the scene where hes shot and holds nakus leg there was close up of his eyes which were again speaking volumes and my reaction was "is bande ko ramu kaka ka role bhi doge to usme bhi ye oscar winning performance hi dega" from that very day not a single day went when dutta failed to make me fall in love with him.I strongly believe that no matter whatever may mishal's next venture be dutta will be his best and he'll always be dutta for me.

as far as other young powerful characters are considered i think the character RK played in LRL was quite strong( though its not that general mass feared or adored him) , haven't watched the show thoroughly so can't really comment on how it was executed but i've seen amir, he's a nice actor must have done justification to the role.
but yes whatever limited knowledge i have about tv, based on that i can say there have been not a single character on tv of dutta's age having the kind of impact on mass as he had thats the reason when 1st time they showed that dutta is like bhagwaan for people outside the hospital i felt kind of weird not that i wasn't convinced but then it was a lil azeeb now i understand it was bcoz of his age we are kind of used to see old actors portraying these kind characters on tv.  

oh yes Rk in Lrl was a nice character but i believe Rk is a great actor and yes  
how can anyone forget hhis entry , 
and ur so right , he will make us fall in love with ramu kaka ttoo :P

and yes that the scene which was a shcoker for me , in 2 epis we see 1000 diff shades of acting 
from calm to down to earth to a daring friend to a deadly killer and the God :)

kiran255 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lekz

Great post Kiran.

The lil that I know of, we have not had many characters as DSP on TV. There are probably those 'Angry Young' roles some as business tycoons or as successful career men. Which I guess many an actor have done some better than the other. There have been those 'Patriach' roles which we have seen enacted by those older actors.

But as you rightly pointed, a don who has achieved all that it takes in life at an age as Dutta's was unique.  And MR did a great job in giving life to that role.
I doubt anyone could have even come remotely close to the brilliance shown by MR (this is keeping my bias away) in which case the story would have revolved around the basti girl and her life, as it is today. 

I also feel the 'Pathani' look gave the well desired impact of a Don.

u just say what i wanty to say not those angry man roles though i love those too :P
but Mishal as Dutta a young don with heart of gold and the influence he hd on his ppl ,
it was so real and un matchable :)
kiran255 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ivy_11

IMO Mishal the actor and Dutta the character just happened to each other.

My knowledge of TV serial is limited and biased. Mishal's performance as Dutta was brilliant. Just when we thought we knew Dutta, MR added another facet to this complex character.

@bold and we were lucky to expericen it :)
even my knowledge is not that great but cant find any role like the one he did as Dutta :)
kiran255 thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Very good post Kiran. Dutta was one of the few characters who had acquired power at a young age. You generally get to see such characters only in movies.

bang on , only movies had that role and sometime i wish kash this role be done by Mishal :(
sjj23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kiran255

hey sj :)

i am sure Gc is agreat actor and his character is great but here im discussing not a strong but a powerful character or i can say more influenticial to normal ppl ,
i mean Gc as maan is a great combo but i can recall some amazing role very alike to him too like of Rk in kahin to hoga but Mishal in dutta role is unmatchable as mentioned by kshrya that this kind of role can be find in movied but not in tellyworld :)

oka dear and yes no one  can match mishal as dutta 😊
mmishra1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
When I participated last week or so abot complaining that no one can act like MR. Another word cahracter like DSP shouldn't be replaced by another actor. It is very hard to accept strong character like DSP first and we all fell in love wid the character and then when it was a pick of the serial Acter was replaced by another actor. Koi mazaak hai kya. Aur MR aur DSP were perfect for each other. jaise MR ko dekh kar hee DSP ka character likha gaya thaa.

Yes u all r right. I luv the comment ki "" MR ko Rmu kaka ka role bhi diya jaye to oscar winning performence karega..

Mishal dear we all are giving you so much love.. Next TV show ko middle mein mat chhodna.. Film ka offer mile toh bhi dono karna.. Agar Film mein aane ke liye phir se Serial bich mein chhodoge toh tumhare fan dukhi ho jayenge... aur fan se oven ban jayenge,,,,,,,,😃😃