Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Age Factor and Powerful characters

kiran255 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
                        Age Factors and Powerful characters

Hey all ,
yeah its me , not My  ghost , i know i know i am missing in action but who is noty :S
since MIshal exit 

Anyways I post this topic just to share my thoughts with you all is when i came across a new show on colors on which a man is giving gyans and loved by all and it just give me a thought 

Whenever a powerfeul "FICTIONAL" character is introduced and not the business tycoon type but the one by whom normal people feared or adored is usually old ,
like amma ji in NAIDL,IM virani , a show Mitwa had bad ass grandpa there are other example as well but not in my mind right now.

and it just make me fall in love with Mishal aka Dutta again that how he portrayed his role not once it look forced as if he is show offing his power , he played as it was part of him!
even all the other villains in ltl were older than Dutta 

kudos to Mishal again for playing Dutta so well , i cant find any powerful charater in this age scale  .

i hope i make sense and if not dont stop urelf from throwing chappals :P
but as a mishal fan its again down to one thing 

Mishal is our only Dutta and the way he has portryed this charater has make himself live in our hearts forever :)

p.s if u have some powerful character in ur mind of Dutta age , do share :)

Edited by kiran255 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sjj23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i think Gc as maan the charcter of maan is also vry strng   but as compare to dutta is less strong and yes mishal is our dutta and he done a fab job he is a vry hardworking  actor and vry sincere to his job 👍🏼
Iridescence1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Omg itz kiran ! lol hey hun ...nice post ...dekh rarely comment on sufch threads but u are the exception haha...I Agree with the fact that MR has made his mark as Dutta in such away you forget he is even acting .. For his age, I think MR dedication & passion for what he does has made the difference..and of course his acceptance to essay such a role with confidence...he is truly an over the top actor...who deserves the best...lts all hope he comes back with a new show soon :) ok am done with my random rambling ...haha now I shall lve this thread and continue with my ghostly presence in threads :P 
aishwish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
great post i completely agree.I still remember the day i was flipping channels and heard "mera maal kahin nahi jayega" and saw him doing all that maar dhar and  i was like "o teri Mishal don't do a show on this channel , kitni bhi bindas entry ho you'll end up yourself going to office coming back having extra long eye locks( which now i'm glad ltl never had) and marrying god knows how many women" then came the scene where hes shot and holds nakus leg there was close up of his eyes which were again speaking volumes and my reaction was "is bande ko ramu kaka ka role bhi doge to usme bhi ye oscar winning performance hi dega" from that very day not a single day went when dutta failed to make me fall in love with him.I strongly believe that no matter whatever may mishal's next venture be dutta will be his best and he'll always be dutta for me.
as far as other young powerful characters are considered i think the character RK played in LRL was quite strong( though its not that general mass feared or adored him) , haven't watched the show thoroughly so can't really comment on how it was executed but i've seen amir, he's a nice actor must have done justification to the role.
but yes whatever limited knowledge i have about tv, based on that i can say there have been not a single character on tv of dutta's age having the kind of impact on mass as he had thats the reason when 1st time they showed that dutta is like bhagwaan for people outside the hospital i felt kind of weird not that i wasn't convinced but then it was a lil azeeb now i understand it was bcoz of his age we are kind of used to see old actors portraying these kind characters on tv.  
Edited by aishwish - 12 years ago
Lekz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Great post Kiran.

The lil that I know of, we have not had many characters as DSP on TV. There are probably those 'Angry Young' roles some as business tycoons or as successful career men. Which I guess many an actor have done some better than the other. There have been those 'Patriach' roles which we have seen enacted by those older actors.

But as you rightly pointed, a don who has achieved all that it takes in life at an age as Dutta's was unique.  And MR did a great job in giving life to that role.
I doubt anyone could have even come remotely close to the brilliance shown by MR (this is keeping my bias away) in which case the story would have revolved around the basti girl and her life, as it is today. 

I also feel the 'Pathani' look gave the well desired impact of a Don.
ivy_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
IMO Mishal the actor and Dutta the character just happened to each other.

My knowledge of TV serial is limited and biased. Mishal's performance as Dutta was brilliant. Just when we thought we knew Dutta, MR added another facet to this complex character.

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Very good post Kiran. Dutta was one of the few characters who had acquired power at a young age. You generally get to see such characters only in movies.
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: aishwish

"is bande ko ramu kaka ka role bhi doge to usme bhi ye oscar winning performance hi dega" from that very day not a single day went when dutta failed to make me fall in love with him".

Well said !👏,     only regret is this industry doesnt respect nd value such talent.
Edited by brvr - 12 years ago
kiran255 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sjj23

i think Gc as maan the charcter of maan is also vry strng   but as compare to dutta is less strong and yes mishal is our dutta and he done a fab job he is a vry hardworking  actor and vry sincere to his job 👍🏼

hey sj :)

i am sure Gc is agreat actor and his character is great but here im discussing not a strong but a powerful character or i can say more influenticial to normal ppl ,
i mean Gc as maan is a great combo but i can recall some amazing role very alike to him too like of Rk in kahin to hoga but Mishal in dutta role is unmatchable as mentioned by kshrya that this kind of role can be find in movied but not in tellyworld :)
kiran255 thumbnail
Originally posted by: daya0628

Omg itz kiran ! lol hey hun ...nice post ...dekh rarely comment on sufch threads but u are the exception haha...I Agree with the fact that MR has made his mark as Dutta in such away you forget he is even acting .. For his age, I think MR dedication & passion for what he does has made the difference..and of course his acceptance to essay such a role with confidence...he is truly an over the top actor...who deserves the best...lts all hope he comes back with a new show soon :) ok am done with my random rambling ...haha now I shall lve this thread and continue with my ghostly presence in threads :P 

im honured dayuuu :)

heheh love the phrase ghostly presence and i agree with utotally :)
Mishal dedication and passion for acting has make DSP what it is today , and yes im dying to esee MIshu back :)