Views

Users

Frequent Posters

np18 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
PART 16

Road- MN walking.little lonely road

"yeh icecream waala kahaan hain? Thodi si tand lag rahin hain.hum room mein hi rehsakthe the na! Tum bhi na mayank..."

"nupur tum abhi tak mujhpe gussa ho college ki baat ke liye?" mayank looked at her searchingly wondering if she didnt remember what had happened , if she knew that she had screamed in her sleep.

"nahin. Tumpe main kitni dher tak gussa rahongi?" she smiled," achha tum mujhe manane ke liye bahar leke aaye ho? Itni raat ko ...meri tho aadhi neend bhi hogaya tha. "

mayank for a second got lost in the sudden smile that lit up her face. He cupped her face , nupur was a little surprised that he was being so demonstrative on a road ' this was so unlike mayank sharma.

"kya baat hain mayank? Tum itne pareshaan kyun ho? Jab se main uthi hoon tab se tum azeeb sa behave kar rahe ho." and looked around," aur yeh road hain. Koi aajaayega tho..."

"tho..."

"tho...koi dekh lega tho achha lagega kya?"

" tumhe tho in sab se koi problem nahin thi na?"

"haan tab hum college mein the, matlab main tho ab bhi hoon par...hum bachhe the mayank" she replied slightly smiling, slightly irritated by his continuous staring. And tried to pull his hands down from her face. He didnt oblige. She tried again and he again didnt budge.

"nupur, tumhe itna darr kyun lagtha hain?" mayank voice stopped her fidgeting and she looked up, her eyes met his questioningly but she only faced more questions in his. She searched for something reassuring and found nothing.

She forcibly pulled his hands down and said,"yeh darr nahin hain. Tum mujhe icecream khilaane aaye the ya..."

"nupur, tum kis baat se darthi ho? "

"mayank yeh kya paagalpan hain. Main kisise nahin darthi. Mujhe tand lag rahin hain bas" she knew something was wrong and was scared. She was scared ' was mayank upset with her? Did she do something?

"haan, isiliye neend mein chillathi ho. Zor zor se"

" neend mein? Kya chillayi maine?" as she saw him struggling to talk,she shook his arms and said again," kya kahaan maine?"

"kisiko beg kar rahi thi- mujhe chodo -ya aisa kuch." she turned pale at the word beg ," aur phir yeh bhi kahaan..."

mayank had forced himself to tell her and he cursed himself that he had to make her go pale like she did now. He shook her, hardly giving her any time to mentally adjust to what she was hearing.

"bolo.." she turned to him but he didnt meet her eyes. Was he angry?

"mayank, tum mujh pe gussa ho? Wo maine jaan bhoojke nahin kiya . Shayad kuch bura sapna dekh rahin thi tho..."

"nupur, main kya tumhe itna dumb dikhtha hoon ki..." he left her hands which were in his and walked to the bench nearby.

What was happening? What was he doing? He was supposed to console her, not scare her further. But he was so angry. So frustrated.He put his face in his hands.

Nupur stood where he had left her wondering what else she had said in her sleep that had made mayank so upset. Beg!? She knew she had begged a lot of times the past few years fro mercy...She waited as if for a verdict.

Mayank lifted his face up and on seeing her standing at the same place , her hair flying in the wind, her eyes wide inspite of the cold wind blowing across her face , so scared and vulnerable, he felt a rush of guilt feelings . He pulled himself up, went to her and leading her by the arm made her sit on the bench and sat next to her, noting then that her hands were feeling cold.

"im sorry nupur. Mujhe tumhara khayal rakhna hain aur main tumhe daraarahan hoon . Par main kya karoon? Main tumhari aisi haalat dekh nahin saktha..."

"tum yeh kya bol rahe ho mayank? Main teek hoon." she stroked his face," aur please hum ghar chalein? Humne warm kapde bhi nahin pehne hain."

Mayank sighed, hardly aware of what she said and asked her hurriedly.

"nupur, jab main tumhe choohtha hoon tho kya yaad aatha hain?" she was quiet...her face betrayed her inner conflict. She knew he knew that she was always disturbed , that she always had some thought intruding even in those private moments and he knew she was slowly not responding to him- not to his taunts , not to his love. But why was he asking her?

"main tumse pyaar karthi hoon mayank." she said softly.

"wo mere question ka answer nahin tha. Nupur, kya tum chahthi ho ki poori zindagi hamaare beech dhruv ki yaadein ek curtain banke rahe?" he was almost rude

"mayank!!" taken aback

"tho...Tum kyun nahin samajthi wo saare yaadein tumhaari dil dimaakh ki andher ek...naasoor banke rehjaayenge. Phir tum kabhi bhi completely...kya tumhe khush nahin rehna hain?" she nodded mechanically,

"main tumhe is haalat mein dekh nahin saktha. Mujhe meriwaali shararathi, sabse ladnewaali, mujhse gussa honewaali nupur chahiye."

"main aise hi rehne ki koshish karrahi hoon mayank. Mujhe bas thoda time do."

"tumhe khush rehne ke liye effort daalna padrahaan hain aur tum kehthi ho ki tum teek ho?!! ...nupur, tum bas mujhe yeh batao ki dhruv ke saath kya hua tha." mayank asked her straight, all the hesitation in asking anything melting as he saw nupur still trying to hide behind a facade of normalcy.it was getting colder and nupur involuntarily shivered.

"maine bola tha...aisa kuch nahin hua hamare beech..." her eyes filling up at his unyielding questioning

"maine yeh nahin poochan ki kya nahin hua nupur! "

"mayank! Main sirf tumhaari hoon. "tears had started flowing down now.

Mayank , though wanting badly to comfort her, held himself back ," tum bas mujhe batao ki dhruv ke saath kya hua tha."

"main kya batao tumhe mayank? Mujhe samaj mein nahin aata ki main tumse kya kahoon. Tum tho us se mile ho na..."

"kuch tho kaho" she opened her mouth wordlessly. She struggled to find words to say...and then shook her head.

" cmon nupur, tum itni darr thi ho dhruv ke naam se! Tumhaare chehre ka rang ut jaatha hain uska naam leti hi ya uske yaad aathe hi. Pehle tho sab ke saath kitni achhe se ladthi thi ab tho mujhse bhi nahin ladthi. Sab ke baath bina kuch sawaal kiye maan jaathi ho. sab ka matlab kya hain? Tum mere ilawa baath kis se karthe ho? Jahaan tak maine tumhe dekha hain, tum tho gunjan se bhi thode distance se hi rehthi ho."

"wo isliye ki jab main gunjan ko dekhthi hoon tho thoda guilty feeling aajaathe hain. Ki meri wajah se uski aur samrat ki rishthe mein daraar aagayi."

"un dono ki distance ka reason tum nahin ho. Wo meri aur gunjan ki galthi thi ki hum ne samrat ko door kiya." as she opened her mouth again," aur main is waqt sirf tumhaare baath kar rahaan hoon " sternly.

It was killing him inside to hurt her , to be rude to her, not to touch her but he knew the slightest sign of relenting on his part and she would go back to hiding things. He knew he was pushing her to her limits and wondered if he was right . He knew his mother wouldnt like what he was doing and neither would gunjan- he was emotionally blackmailing her into talking. She would talk ,not because she wanted to share stuff but because she was worried about making mayank angry or upset. But he was past caring...her screams had shaken him up and if he had to force her , he would.

"main kya karoon mayank?" she asked back, almost drowning his resolve in her helplessness.

"baat karo. "

"kaise? Kya? "

"pata nahin...yeh batao ki ...ki yeh kab hua?" he pointed to her wrists and arms which had a few scars. She turned her gaze to her arms.

"hum delhi mein the jab yeh kiya usne... Par usne jaan boojke nahin kiya, bas hogaya tha. Wo kuch choodiyaa leke aaya tha jo meri school ki size ki thi. Main unko pehen nahin saki tho usne try kiya aur tab tak try kartha rahaan jab tak meri haath se khoon na nikal aaya aur wo bangles toot na gaye. Par usne seriously try kiya tha, uska iraada mujhe takleef pahunchaana nahin tha. Usne bohot dhoondke wo khareed ke laya tha. Lekin baad mein ek aadat si bangayi, meri haath jab bhi khas ke pakadtha tha ...tab..."  she went quiet.

"aur yeh?" he pointed to the scar on her neck. He was scared to hear about it himself.

She swallowed," yeh? Yeh cigarrette burns nahin hain mayank. Dhruv smoke ya drink nahin kartha. Yeh...yeh uski ek aur koshish thi mere pyaar paa ne ki. Kisi guru ji ya kisine us ko kahaan tha ki ek type ki pooja karke aisa lagaane se uski mann ki ichha poori hogi."

"branding?"

"shayad. Tho usne ghar mein pooja kiya aur mujhe zabardasti agarbatti se yahaan kuch likhne ki koshish ki. Lekin jald hi main behosh hogayi tho ...mayank usne mujhe utaaya phir aisa kiya. Usko apna naam wahaan likhna tha but main itna rorahi thi dard se ki woh...Jab main rona shuru karthi thi tho uska bhi haath kaampne lagthe the aur wo galat likhtha tha aur ...bas phir se shuru..." she felt the small small scars on her neck and swallowed. She had no tears in her eyes by then.

mayank had clenched his fist and couldnt ask her anything else. She looked at him suddenly silent and continued,"main isiliye nahin kehna..."

"nahin nupur continue." he interrupted her in a rude tone his eyes turning to her back involuntarily.

"aur jo tumne mere peet pe dekha wo belt ki nishaani hain. Tumne wo college mein dekha na...But mayank dhruv ne sirf yahaan mumbai main apna belt se maara , matlab jab se hum phir se milne lage tab se. Usse pehle nahin" she choked and stopped.He waited.

"bachpan se leke tab tak mujhpe kisine haath nahin utaya tha, bui ko chodke. Bauji ne mujhe kabhi nhain maara hain mayank aur wo ...wo aadmi..."she was getting slowly worked up, clenching his hands in hers, her nails biting his hands," jab pehli baar usne mujhe maara tho...wo jo mere peet pe dard hua us se kahin zyaada dil ko lagi thi. But pata hain doosre baar jab dhruv ne maara tab mujhe dard peet pe hi zyaada hua tha." she smiled grimly," dard sehna bohot mushkil hota hain mayank."

mayank couldnt hold himself back any longer. He pulled her into his arms and hugged her , tears blurring his vision as he stroked and kissed her hair and told her in a choking voice, " sorry nupur. Ab amin tumhe koi dard sehne ka mauka hi nahin doonga. Wo chala gaya hain nupur. Ab tumhe darr ne ki koi zaroorat nahin hain. Tumhe koi chone ki koshish karein, is se pehle main...tumhe kissise nahin darna hain."

nupur pulled back from his hug and said," sach bolo tho mujhe in sab se itna darr nahin lagtha hain jitna..."

--------------continued

Edited by np18 - 12 years ago
np18 thumbnail
hello. i know it was long but pata nahin kyun i just cant cut my parts into pieces nowadays...it just goes on and on...well hope it was okay.

thanks for the likes and for the replies.they encourage me more than i thought possible -i didnt think i would wait for each of your  ids to appear on the screen!

and if thres anyone whos been silently reading , please press like- thats encouraging as well !thanks

btw, scroll up for the update.

Edited by np18 - 12 years ago
-Anila- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
i loved it...
thanks for d pm...
sumonetolub thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
what a painful update...aur aise beech mein hi kyun chhod diya?...but thanks for the update...i was so anxious to read this one...im loving it so far...no matter how hard it was for him, so glad mayank forced her to let it all out
np18 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sumonetolub

what a painful update...aur aise beech mein hi kyun chhod diya?...but thanks for the update...i was so anxious to read this one...im loving it so far...no matter how hard it was for him, so glad mayank forced her to let it all out

did you seriously like it? would love to ve a honest opinion...coz i found it  tough to write...esp to write mayank as being rude etc.,
sumonetolub thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
no i did actually like it...but one thing that i found strange was that nupur was almost justifying dhruv's actions...mayank was clearly finding it difficult to be rude to her but i think if he knew that something good would come out of being rude to her and get her to talk, he would do it

but nupur kind of covering up for dhruv part, i would want you to elaborate on it or at least have mayank react to it...cuz i think thats the biggest hurdle to her normalcy
Edited by sumonetolub - 12 years ago
np18 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sumonetolub

no i did actually like it...but one thing that i found strange was that nupur was almost justifying dhruv's actions...mayank was clearly finding it difficult to be rude to her but i think if he knew that something good would come out of being rude to her and get her to talk, he would do it

but nupur kind of covering up for dhruv part, i would want you to elaborate on it or at least have mayank react to it...cuz i think thats the biggest hurdle to her normalcy

well.. i definitely did write it like that and i hope the next parts would help out in clearing it...and i must add that even the justifying part came out of mjht itself...a lot from nupurs facial expressions plus a little of my imaginations

thanks a lot for replying
DhanakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
That was really so heart wrenching update 
Feeling so bad for Nupur
thanks for pm 
cont soon
Maria. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Amazing part.u wrote it extremely beautifully