Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunom thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: san2471

I heard of him first with the Delhi Belly Song D K Bose..Frankly, KK got him here so that he gets some publicity. They should have invited PRITAM instead

Ram Sampath really got publicity but negative.  He does not deserve to stay in music industry but should open a shop. His comments for small kid are not justified at all. His comments are totally against that rising star kid.
san2471 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have seen many posts justifying Ram Sampat's comments. Content if not accompanied with the apprpriate "bhaav" tone always has the wrong impact. The same thing could have been said in a different tone since the person in question was a 11yr old. if he is a true musician, he should understand the importance of tone. He was there , obligated to KK and was behaving like a jerk. I wonder if anyone cares for his comments..
sahichal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SHUBHA99

Look at what he said professionally. The singers on stage are with some back ground of music and training and don't consider only their age. Here compitiontion happening and not concert. Every mistake is mistake.

More over Ram helped Niladri for his life towards  giving importance to every aspect of song and the impact going to save him for long with every song he going to sing in future.

More than this what Pyarelalji highlight to all of us was the importance of ground work for every song right from singers genre and scales. Giving importance to every aspect makes them perfect and make them unique in this world.

If he understand it then he become a full singer like Javed if not join forgotten lot  soon.

KK said,"nobody can become full singer(versatile), then, how javed is full singer.
And how Ram Sampath is full singer. I am not saying that he is street singer.
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Okay, I have to reply to this. Ram Sampath could have easily conveyed his message in an approrpirate and less discouraging manner. The body language was simply too harsh.

I challenge that if we listen to the original (which came out not very long ago), most of us would not be able to make out all the words in the song.

Adnan, KK, and Alka were all right in their comments.

Adnan rightly pointed out "Yeh aisa gaana to hai nahi ki aap koi FALSAFA nikal sake"
Alka was right that the song selection could have been better. She said it nicely.
KK was very nice when he said, that we have all heard some great pieces from Niladri on this stage.

Plus, Ram Sampath has not seen Niladri's Journey on this platform. So his comments were a little preposterous in my opinion.
And what was that nonsense when he started commenting about the TRP dramas and music directors making tall claims on reality shows. What was the need to say all that? How was it relevant? (It wasn;t relevant in my opinion, of course others may differ in their opinion).
And finally, any visitor or guest on the show in general try to by polite and nice. The bottomline is that Ram expressed his views in a not so nice fashion. PERIOD!
qaisarimtiaz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree that Niladri song selection wasnt good , (and he performed the same track on Choti bahu - Janmashtmi Special) But the way Ram spoke out was really harsh n rude , I think this is Ram's first apperenace on any reality show maybe thats why . I understand what Ram convyed thru his message n comments on Niladri's performance , But i think among kids this message would ahve been convyed in sweeter way not like Ram did . But now that its all happened , Niladri would learn from all this , so good for him ! 

And Ram Sampath on hsi twitter account tweeted this :

"I came across as a total bully on L'il Champs. I really didn't mean to. I meant what I said but how I said it sucked! Will learn from this!"

zaabemard thumbnail
Who is this Ram guy? Some awkward goof trying to hard to speak in English. What next?

They should send my gardener on the show as a guest judge too then.
sugarplum5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: san2471

I have seen many posts justifying Ram Sampat's comments. Content if not accompanied with the apprpriate "bhaav" tone always has the wrong impact. The same thing could have been said in a different tone since the person in question was a 11yr old. if he is a true musician, he should understand the importance of tone. He was there , obligated to KK and was behaving like a jerk. I wonder if anyone cares for his comments..

Totally agree...there is an appropriate way to speak...give your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism softly and sweetly. These are impressionable kids. They look up to the elders for guidance. And anyways...who is this man??????...never heard of him and after this, never want to.
musica10 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Niladri's song selection was not good. But Ram's comments although well-meant, were a little harsh. He should have put it in a better way. He could have consoled Niladri in the end. I guess he does not know how to deal with kids.

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ram's facial expression and tone made his constructive criticism sound so harsh...

Poor PL ji thought better not say a word abt Niladri's performance after the beating he took from KK on giving guidance to Salman on his rendition...

Highlight of the show was PL ji and his stories...
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Constructive...I'm trying to thing...hmmm...not so sure.

When Ram Sampath started giving his comments...all he said was I enjoyed your dancing...it was good...for your singing I don't want to comment or something like that AND then HE started looking at others as if suggesting that you guys can give your feedback now (come on, you are not moderating the discussion or the show here, Jay Soni is in charge of doing that...). Seriously, this is a 11 year old kid. As if the pressure on these kids in these reality shows in not enough.

Is this CONSTRUCTIVE? What is that definition of constructive again?

and then he pitched in again, why? You were harsh and hugely non-constructive and vague in your comments the first time, why jump in now?

and what the hell was that statement "had anyone from the band was asked to sing this song, they could have easily done almost the same job as you".  Talk about constructive again.

TO me, it was FAR from constructive. and what is the use of posting messages on TWITTER later?

No seriously, I guess guests, judges etc. on these kid reality shows need to be given some orientation on how to be sensitive while giving feedback.
Edited by Mohini19 - 12 years ago