Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

What the hell.. I will throw in my 2 cents too.

Most Indians who repatriate back to India are individuals who have gone to USA for studies or jobs. Most of their families live in India, they have strong social and community ties with India and their roots are firmly entrenched with their country of birth. First generation Indians in USA who have a cursory and tenuous connection with India and who have spent their entire lives with the culture, conventions and mores of American society rarely move back to India ' it is not just conventionally a feasible action for them.  

Madhuri's husband is a first generation American.. someone who I've read had never watched a Hindi movie or was even aware of Madhuri as a Bollywood superstar before his marriage. Are you guys seriously suggesting that a person like that, after spending more than half their lives in USA would suddenly embrace the idea of moving back to an alien country, just because his wife is missing the arc-lights? And please.. top-notch oncologists are hardly scarred by recession. People still get cancers and need treatment at every kind of economic conditions.  

So, I find nothing wrong with the assumption that Madhuri  is probably moving back on her own.. which automatically begets the second assumption that her marriage is on the rocks.

Edited by Relda - 12 years ago
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
LOL

I just can't believe what I'm reading here.

So Madhuri is apparently so poor so she is coming to India out of sheer desperation?

But wait. Some of you are also suggesting she is just fame hungry.

And yet there's more. Yes, her marriage is on the rocks too apparently.

Did you not read that her husband is ALSO coming to India?

Or maybe you will now say that he is looking for a new bride.

*dead*
Originally posted by: Relda

What the hell.. I will throw in my 2 cents too.

Most Indians who repatriate back to India are individuals who have gone to USA for studies or jobs. Most of their families live in India, they have strong social and community ties with India and their roots are firmly entrenched with their country of birth. First generation Indians in USA who have a cursory and tenuous connection with India and who have spent their entire lives with the culture, conventions and mores of American society rarely move back to India ' it is not just conventionally a feasible action for them.  

Madhuri's husband is a first generation American.. someone who I've read had never watched a Hindi movie or was even aware of Madhuri as a Bollywood superstar before his marriage. Are you guys seriously suggesting that a person like that, after spending more than half their lives in USA would suddenly embrace the idea of moving back to an alien country, just because his wife is missing the arc-lights? And please.. top-notch oncologists are hardly scarred by recession. People still get cancers and need treatment at every kind of economic conditions.  

So, I find nothing wrong with the assumption that Madhuri  is probably moving back on her own.. which automatically begets the second assumption that her marriage is on the rocks.

I was neither born in India and neither did I ever live there but I'm still planning to move to India ❤️😳. My mom's friend has been living here since the past 40 years, her daughter was born and raised in Toronto and she visited India, fell in love with it and convinced her fiance to move over there and the've been living there since the past 6 years. But yeah, I totally get your point. It's all about personal preference I guess. 
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I was her fan and like most of the audience i have moved on to another one ... this is the worst decision , she better stay away from Movies ... just caz some admired her photoshoped  pics in IF and magazines doesnt mean ppl will welcome her , she is definitely history ... 

Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: eraser

I was neither born in India and neither did I ever live there but I'm still planning to move to India ❤️😳. My mom's friend has been living here since the past 40 years, her daughter was born and raised in Toronto and she visited India, fell in love with it and convinced her fiance to move over there and the've been living there since the past 6 years. But yeah, I totally get your point. It's all about personal preference I guess. 

Pish-posh, Eraser. You want to move back because your "meetha dil" lives back there.😉
sunandshine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: infinity_9000

I see quite a few assumptions in this topic

1) Madhuri and her husband might be on the verge of break up, which is why she is moving to India.
2) Madhuri has become poor, which is why she is moving back to India, so she can get back to Bollywood and earn money.

3) #1 and #2 imply that she doesn't WANT to move to India, but instead circumstances are compelling her to move to India.

Now I'm not Madhuri's lawyer or anything, but I am lost on all these assumptions. Why can't she relocate to India because of her family, and also because of her possible career in Bollywood? Maybe she saw more opportunity for herself and her family in India than the US. We will never know her real (personal) reason, but just thought of adding another POV.

LOL..(1) and (2) can't go hand in hand..If she is getting a divorce, she would get a hefty alimony from her surgeon husband, which means she can't be poor😆

sunandshine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Star_No_1

LOL

I just can't believe what I'm reading here.

So Madhuri is apparently so poor so she is coming to India out of sheer desperation?

But wait. Some of you are also suggesting she is just fame hungry.

And yet there's more. Yes, her marriage is on the rocks too apparently.

Did you not read that her husband is ALSO coming to India?

Or maybe you will now say that he is looking for a new bride.

*dead*

It is perfectly fine if a woman gives up her career and moves to the US to be with her husband, but the reverse can never be true😉 Perhaps Dr. Nene has earned as much and is probably retiring..Now due to recession it maybe possible that his chunk of retirement savings might have taken a hit and he possibly can never retire in the US, and instead chose India😆
ana1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
LOL at some of the comments

India is not only full of poor people. You can be rich and live in india to lol

bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Love Madhuri!!! Will be so awesome to see her on the big screen again!
Originally posted by: Relda

Pish-posh, Eraser. You want to move back because your "meetha dil" lives back there.😉

Blaaah! not in a million years. 🥱😆