Exclusive interview with Kareena's hairstylist!

Posted: 12 years ago

Pinkvilla.com: Exclusive interview with Kareena Kapoor's hairstylist Pompy Hans

You might not know him my name, but chances are that you have seen his work.

Meet Pompy Hans, the talented and down-to-earth hairstylist of Kareena Kapoor. Born in Amritsar, Pompy had a very modest beginning. But today he is one of the most sorted celebrity hairstylists in Bollywood.

Pompy studied hairstyling at the Toni & Guy Academy in London. He then began assisting Bollywood makeup artist Cory Walia. Cory really liked Pompy's work and recommended him to try his hand in Bollywood.

Pompy got his first break in Bollywood with Darna Mana Hai where he styled Sameera Reddy. There was no looking back from there. He even acted in movies like Fashion and Dev D.

Pinkvilla.com caught up with Mr. Hans for an exclusive interview where he talked on Kareena Kapoor's looks for her upcoming movies.

How has your experience working with Kareena been?

I have been with Kareena Kapoor for almost 4 years since Kambakht Ishq. She is a beautiful girl both from the inside and outside. She is a very loyal person. She may be the top star but she is very chilled out and dildaar. She is a very simple girl at the same time very classy. I have had an amazing experience working with her.

Can you briefly talk about Kareena's looks in her upcoming movies?

In Ra.One she plays a Punjabi housewife with a kid settled in London. So her makeup is quite simple yet classy. For her hair, I gave a straight hair look with blow dry and a little bit of bounce. Her look is different for the song Chammak Challo as the movie takes a turn post this song.

Agent Vinod is a thriller. She has a couple of different looks in the movie. Her hairstyle changes as the movie goes through different locales. There is a mujra song in the movie where her look is that of a Pakistani girl. So she has a nose ring etc. For her hair we added soft curls with extensions.

In Reema Khagti's next, Kareena plays a very different character from all her previous movies. It's a thriller. Her look in the movie is just "Wow". I can't reveal much but she will look out of this world in the movie. Straight long hair with streaks is the look I have created for her in the movie.

How does Kareena achieve her near perfect hairdos at her various public appearances?

She prefers bouncy blow-dry for her everyday look. We use good voluminising products like L'Oreal or Tigi. I use a root booster and volume hairspray.

What are Kareena's hair care rituals?

She uses a high end shampoo and conditioner for her hair and gets an oil massage once a month.

Does Kareena give you inputs on her looks for her movies?

Of course she does. We work on it together like a team. She is quite aware of the latest fashion trends. It's my choice but her decision. She is very flexible and is ready to trying out new hairdos.

On a day off work, how does Kareena style her hair?

She loves the messy pileup look. That's her personal style. Take all the hair up in a rubber band in a messy way. That is her favorite look.

Any hair-styling for our viewers?

It really depends on the face structure and hair texture. I really like mid length with layers.
Make a concoction of 4 oils – almond, castor, olive and coconut. Warm the oil and massage your scalp with it. It works as a great conditioner and stimulates the roots of the hair. Do this at least once a month.

I'm sure you guys have seen this dude in a few appearances in films as well.

When he says Kareena's very loyal, he means it.

He was in We Are Family. You remember that disastrous jailhouse rock song? When tehy're just talking, there's a guy up on stage singing karoke, and dancing kinda girly? That's him.

He's also in Golmaal 3, in this RANDOM shot with Kareena, eating a popsickle. 😆

he seems like more of a friend than a hairstylists. 
i just played We are Family again to watch him lol. am i the only one who liked we are family? ðŸ˜³
wrong booklet dispensed by Kareena  ðŸ˜‰

I have been with Kareena Kapoor for almost 4 years since Kambakht Ishq. She is a beautiful girl both from the inside and outside. She is a very loyal person. She may be the top star but she is very chilled out and dildaar. She is a very simple girl at the same time very classy. I have had an amazing experience working with her.

whoa! i think it's the RIGHT booklet, but she has changed the cover.  ðŸ˜†

Edited by bamboocopter - 12 years ago
Originally posted by bamboocopter

whoa! i think it's the right booklet, but she has changed the cover.  ðŸ˜†

i am not getting what u r trying to say ðŸ˜†
edited my previous post. can you get that now? it's the Kareena Jhap booklet i was talking about. before she used to do her own Jhap through her Interviews (ahem! published from her own press). but, now it's pompy her best friend who is distributing the testimonials.   Edited by bamboocopter - 12 years ago
Originally posted by bamboocopter

edited my previous post. can you get that now? it's the Kareena Jhap booklet i was talking about. before she used to do her own Jhap through her Interviews (ahem! published from her own press). but, now it's pompy his best friend who is distributing the testimonials.  

ohh achcha i get it now ðŸ¤£

i know we r getting overdose of kareena these days🥱
The next installment is Exclusive interview with Kareena's Dog: Woof! Woof! Woof!!! Woof!

Please wait patiently, while Kareena translates and uploads it!