Kesar Gulaal VM: Heartbeat (KHNH) - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
JZee,

For the comparison that you have made, I cant find a proper word to describe what I feel. Yet, let me put it bland and simple...Its fantastic and marvellous.

Usually I am not a great fan of VMs and for me, exceptions to this rule also exists.
The reasons to simply love your VM.
1. The haunting music from Kal Ho Na Ho, its one among my all time favorites.
2. The perfect choice of scenes in comparison where everything is perfectly coordinated.
 3. Kesuda and Kesar are one and the same. I watched the show after Neil came in as Kesar and watched the portions of Ali after that. I read that Reema and few others who were watching the show from the start were apprehensive about a perfect actor who can take on from Ali. I remember Lennie writing that " Neil had laid all our nerves to rest" or something on those lines.
But for me it was other way round. Though Ali's part was over, yet I was really interested and genuinely hoping that I must get to love Kesuda too, only then one can love the character Kesar as a whole and not favor just the actor Neil alone. Though I had watched Ali in Fanaa who did a superb job with Aamir Khan, yet I love this young bratty, yet adorable Kesuda.I so loved the bonding between Kesuda and Gulaal as well as Vasant.

Hence, your VM for me is just a travel down memory lane of 5 months ago when I Kesuda and Kesar became one and the same for me as a viewer. Ali Haji had given his best, I would say 200% in portraying that Kesar.Hats off to Neil to take on from there . It is commendable that Neil could blend into that child version of Kesar almost effortlessly. It is hard to balance the child-like and mature Kesar all at once. That he did in style.

I would suggest you should do the part 2 version also, I am sure it will never turn monotonous. You must attempt it.

WISH:
I really wish Ali Haji, Neil and the show organisers get to watch this superb attempt of yours. They too should feel happy that their choice and effort in choosing the perfect child actor Ali and the perfect actor Neil, has been appreciated by the loyal viewers of the show.
@Keithu and Sauris - Thank you so much guys πŸ€— I feel proud-ful (yes I made up that atrocious word) of myself now β˜ΊοΈ

Originally posted by MeySimi

JZee,

For the comparison that you have made, I cant find a proper word to describe what I feel. Yet, let me put it bland and simple...Its fantastic and marvellous.

Usually I am not a great fan of VMs and for me, exceptions to this rule also exists.
The reasons to simply love your VM.
1. The haunting music from Kal Ho Na Ho, its one among my all time favorites.
2. The perfect choice of scenes in comparison where everything is perfectly coordinated.
 3. Kesuda and Kesar are one and the same. I watched the show after Neil came in as Kesar and watched the portions of Ali after that. I read that Reema and few others who were watching the show from the start were apprehensive about a perfect actor who can take on from Ali. I remember Lennie writing that " Neil had laid all our nerves to rest" or something on those lines.
But for me it was other way round. Though Ali's part was over, yet I was really interested and genuinely hoping that I must get to love Kesuda too, only then one can love the character Kesar as a whole and not favor just the actor Neil alone. Though I had watched Ali in Fanaa who did a superb job with Aamir Khan, yet I love this young bratty, yet adorable Kesuda.I so loved the bonding between Kesuda and Gulaal as well as Vasant.

^^ @bold - WORD Ganga, that was/is exactly me! Neil was my first stamp on Kesar, but to love the character as a whole, Ali had to match up Neil for me too - and as I've said before, now having watched both play their respective ages, its impossible to choose who's better! Reemz did say this, about how they'd wondered if anyone could carry forward Ali's work, and yes, like you, for me, it was about 'if Ali could show justice to the past of such a rich character' - and did he live it up in style πŸ‘

Hence, your VM for me is just a travel down memory lane of 5 months ago when I Kesuda and Kesar became one and the same for me as a viewer. Ali Haji had given his best, I would say 200% in portraying that Kesar.Hats off to Neil to take on from there . It is commendable that Neil could blend into that child version of Kesar almost effortlessly. It is hard to balance the child-like and mature Kesar all at once. That he did in style.

^^ Oh there's no going awe over it enough - the seamless transformation of Kesar from Ali to Neil - its an unprecedented for me, not just on Indian TV, but moving media in general! 

I would suggest you should do the part 2 version also, I am sure it will never turn monotonous. You must attempt it.

Aww Ganga - maybe I will. If not an Ali/Neil parallel thing, than maybe some other comparison scenario? Honestly, there is endless scope in this series to be used up! If only my patience would behave πŸ˜† But I loved doing this VM, and watching the pre leap and post leap stuff together is such a treat now days - Geeshu's GIFs just struck the thought! And on that note, you should watch Geeshu's dance sequence parallel VM too β­οΈ 

WISH:
I really wish Ali Haji, Neil and the show organisers get to watch this superb attempt of yours. They too should feel happy that their choice and effort in choosing the perfect child actor Ali and the perfect actor Neil, has been appreciated by the loyal viewers of the show.

OOOH! Dream come true - can that happen?! I'd be flying on cloud 9 for a year after πŸ˜†

Thank you Ganga πŸ€— You're kind as ever with your comments! β˜ΊοΈ
Edited by JZephyr - 12 years ago
Hellos... I think that I completely forgot to type down the words I had for this VM, and maybe just though that it might have reached you by telepathy or similar... β˜ΊοΈ

Or, maybe I was just so lost in watching and re-watching that the whole option of having to even comment on it, escaped my brilliant brain... well, here I am, better late than never . πŸ˜ƒ

Wow, to make a VM on such a poignant and lovely composition can be quite a feat.. and to match up so many of Kesu vs Kesar scenes, aww... thats brilliant... πŸ‘

Ali and Neil had so many mannerisms similar on screen, yet so many differences between the boy and the man... you can watch and re-watch all their scenes, and find so so many comparative scenes to do justice to their character and their portrayal of their unique bonding with Gulaal... in brief, I loved it... and wished that it could have gone on and on...
Originally posted by scarletthara

Hellos... I think that I completely forgot to type down the words I had for this VM, and maybe just though that it might have reached you by telepathy or similar... β˜ΊοΈ

Or, maybe I was just so lost in watching and re-watching that the whole option of having to even comment on it, escaped my brilliant brain... well, here I am, better late than never . πŸ˜ƒ

Wow, to make a VM on such a poignant and lovely composition can be quite a feat.. and to match up so many of Kesu vs Kesar scenes, aww... thats brilliant... πŸ‘

Ali and Neil had so many mannerisms similar on screen, yet so many differences between the boy and the man... you can watch and re-watch all their scenes, and find so so many comparative scenes to do justice to their character and their portrayal of their unique bonding with Gulaal... in brief, I loved it... and wished that it could have gone on and on...

Minks - OMG! I thought you had commented too, like I saw this comment now, and went back to the pages to make sure you hadn't already ROFL - so maybe the telepathy did work aur humein pata bhi nahin chala  πŸ€£

But me so glad you like it as much β˜ΊοΈ You can just virtually imagine me sitting at the edge of my seat day after day for some 10 odd days, all excited about doing it, but giving up after 30 minutes or so each day with an oh this is still not happening exasperation πŸ˜† The concept of patience and brevity in my life are equally improbable - so you know! πŸ˜†

Thank you for remembering to translate the telepathy in print - for the record πŸ˜† Now I wont just discover otherwise one fine day and hold it against you πŸ€£

As if I could - me lubs ju Minkzi-san πŸ€—
Originally posted by JZephyr

Minks - OMG! I thought you had commented too, like I saw this comment now, and went back to the pages to make sure you hadn't already ROFL - so maybe the telepathy did work aur humein pata bhi nahin chala  πŸ€£ you did πŸ€ͺ... woman, you are as crazy as me at times... LOL

But me so glad you like it as much β˜ΊοΈ You can just virtually imagine me sitting at the edge of my seat day after day for some 10 odd days, all excited about doing it, but giving up after 30 minutes or so each day with an oh this is still not happening exasperation πŸ˜† The concept of patience and brevity in my life are equally improbable - so you know! πŸ˜† This is the definition of patience in my dictionary, or maybe I just don't have any patience anymore.. but, I guess when the subject is so inspiring, how can you not spend 10 long days pondering and working over such a piece of work, with perfection... πŸ‘

Thank you for remembering to translate the telepathy in print - for the record πŸ˜† Now I wont just discover otherwise one fine day and hold it against you πŸ€£ Yar, you guys are very demanding... πŸ˜ƒ, ek to itni mehnat se I read all your essays, and your brilliant work.. and upar se I need to come and verbalize my immense lowe for them... so not fair... πŸ˜Ž

As if I could - me lubs ju Minkzi-san πŸ€— LOL... I feel so smug with this new variation of my name... πŸ€£ this forum can change you man... seriously... cheese, lame jokes, and now this... I have lost it...
Edited by scarletthara - 12 years ago
Okay then, Minkzi-san it is, for times when I'm showing my lowe β˜ΊοΈ Which will more or less translate to all the times you take the kasht to comment  πŸ€£ What?!! koi haq nahin hai mujhe?! *gives Kesuda look for effect*
Agreed with Minks.
Ek toh read such great essays. And verbalise it too.

Like I told in Srushti's post, I have been reading all the re analysis.
I saw Jzee thanking others for "actively" contributing. Out of guilt, I am not swiping my in time on your analysis posts. My attendance is regular yet skewed.
But trust me, I am reading. And do I need to say I love them

As far as your "Looks effect "like Kesar, thanks to Ali, especially thanks to Neil for that
Edited by MeySimi - 12 years ago
^^ Haan haan, everyone get the easy bail out! Yes the GK-phankaa giri (on my part) and sheer addiction to class (on Nur's part) is keeping us at it - but tum log bhi thoda pyaar 'verbalize' kardo - FOR GK - is all we say☺️ Actually Minks has been around - so basically Ganga you need to come and show face more often  In the name of your parkhi nazar !!! Fair enough, yeh?! πŸ˜Ž

Thank you for sharing such beautiful VM with us. πŸ˜ƒ
love this.I never thought this piece would fit in with the GK story but the way you compared the past and the present.very beautiful.the music itself is good but the way you have put the scenes it makes the music all the more sweeter.and I got to see the entire GK journey which is so unique.and the chota Kesar gets his due in the video.I had watched it long back when you made the video but was not yet a member so decided to dig this out and comment on it now.better late than never right.ok now let me search for my absolute fav'baawra mann'.