Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arnav and Shyam: food for thought (Page 2)

minimuffin86 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

lnp11ashvezS.StephyDoodle

ashvez IF-Dazzler
ashvez
ashvez

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by minimuffin86

Great post and awesome POVs by every body!!! I just wanted to add one teensy weensy thing though:

The show is called Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? And Shyam has given his relationship with Anjali a name which is socially accepted and approved by every body and has it's rights and obligations outlined for every one to know. This makes Shyams obsession with another woman with whom he has a relationship if a friend (a very grey relationship with no specific outlines) is unacceptable.

Arnav on the other hand not only doesn't recognize any other relationship other than his sisters as important he doesn't want to name it to make it important or inconvenient for his life style. Therefore it is easier for us to see him falling for some one other than La (as sad as that is for her) because they have a relationship which the law doesn't recognize and isn't binding nor does it have any clear outlines.

What I'm trying to say is if u don't give ur relationship a name it is easy to get out of and people to question and Judge u by it. But if u take the big step of giving it a name u are taking on the responsibility to be answerable for that relationship and everything u do with it. It's like u have a bas***d child and if u don't name him u have no obligation to him buy if u take the hard step of doing so u will always be responsible for him... Am I making any sense???
@mini..Totally!! Putting live-in & wedlock at par dilutes the sanctity of marraige.There is no status called as 'almost married'.There cannot be any ad hocism in a contract like marraige.
If its easty to change one partner for another,where's the incentve to develop a staying power in a relationship.The debate can never end,  Live-in is easy to establish for many reasons , a strong one is physical pleasure without any commitments,space,choice,personal responsibility  does not legally commit and dissolve easily if not smoothly.
The pros and cons of both arrangements have always been before us, it is just that we do not fear the consequences any more. For those who believe it's a cultural violation it would never gain respect and for those who are moving with the times, "It is part of life and it's ever changing face!!"
Like it's said, "Nothing is right or wrong: Thinking makes it so", if you feel you can't handle the responsibility, the apparent monotonous tone of married life and you need space, freedom, you may live-in; you might not be welcome but you won't be renounced either. And the debate of which is a better deal, still continues.
I am a woman of old thoughts many may  say, still believe in the sanctity of marraige.And love the commitment , enjoy the stability and adore the responsibility.
OOps!! here my rambling goes...sorry  ppl to bore u to death and not even mentioning once about Arnav..cpoming bck to the world of Arnav and his bedroom eyes...AAH!!!
Shayam is a creep as many lovely ladies have already mentioned, that he is not commiting to a relationship with clarity and truth whether its Khushi or Anjali... he has to come out straight, whereas Arnav is clear from the beginning about his stance on marraige, and when he would finally & fully love Khushi then I am sure he would come clear with Lav, and for all u knw, La will suddenly get her brains back and realise herself coz rt now she is pea-brained.HEHHE.

@Angelina...Amazing Post.Enjoying the thought process from the lovelies.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

lnp11jiorakitty25S.StephyDoodle.Euphoria.pinky_blueskiessbk2

Doodle IF-Rockerz
Doodle
Doodle

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Angelina...great topic you have raised and I guess by now all the doubts have been cleared for those who had...

@ Vrush:- Whatta explanation ...fantastic. Love you...

@ Mini and Ash:- You both have put the points so well. Loved it. 

You all have said it all. But I have only one issue here. 

In my opinion here the CVs have made certain things pretty unclear. Arnav being so matured in everything doesn't know the difference between love and friendship. He runs a business org by himself, is in the age when most eligible bachelors get married, still is unaware of the simple fact that what he shares with Lavanya is not "Love". How??? The question is not live in here but the question is he has no right to put anyone's reputation at stake, even unknowingly. Lavanya loves him and is trying to fit in by hook or crook or rather genuinely as per today's epi. What will she feel when she'll come to know, after all this Arnav beta has understood what love is and his heart only beats for his Khushi. Where does she stand??? In the middle of the ocean??? Where will she go???

I so want the CVs to play on this emotion when Arnav realizes his heart for Khushi. 

Now coming to the topic of Arnav v/s Shyam. 
Well as all have explained very aptly what Shyam is doing is cold blooded and planned affair versus Arnav's genuine feelings, I completely agree with it. As Mini said Shyam is in a wedlock and should not be involved in adultery and Shyam is doing it in complete sense whereas what Arnav is feeling is something strange to him, these feelings that he is generating is foreign to him and by the time Arnav figures out I know for sure he will question himself regarding his relationship with Lavanya. He doesn't believe in marriage because of his past exp and most importantly he doesn't have the fear of losing anyone except his di. The moment he gets a sense of what's called as "your shadow" and the fear of losing he'll be the one to get tied in a wedlock in front of millions without a single doubt in mind. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lnp11S.StephyZuzana-RushTrip-Peace67

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 2:53am | IP Logged
I wish the creatives handle the entire love triangle between Arnav, Khushi and Lavanya, without turning La into a vamp! The onus of guilt in this case should rest more or less on Arnav's shoulder and it should not be Khushi who should be blamed for creating a rift betwen Arnav and La!

And most importantly, La shouldn't be made a scapegoat to justify Arnav and Khushi's relationship! I just hope, they show a logical and sensitive track, where Arnav realizes his feelings for Khushi (and vice versa) and explains things to La, rather than just have a knee-jerk reaction!

On the other hand, to simlify things, the creatives can show that La herself is not sure about what she feels for Arnav and when he refuses to marry her, realizes that this is not what she needs from her life and breaks off from him!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

S.Stephysbk2Peace67

sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ashvez

Originally posted by minimuffin86

Great post and awesome POVs by every body!!! I just wanted to add one teensy weensy thing though:

The show is called Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? And Shyam has given his relationship with Anjali a name which is socially accepted and approved by every body and has it's rights and obligations outlined for every one to know. This makes Shyams obsession with another woman with whom he has a relationship if a friend (a very grey relationship with no specific outlines) is unacceptable.

Arnav on the other hand not only doesn't recognize any other relationship other than his sisters as important he doesn't want to name it to make it important or inconvenient for his life style. Therefore it is easier for us to see him falling for some one other than La (as sad as that is for her) because they have a relationship which the law doesn't recognize and isn't binding nor does it have any clear outlines.

What I'm trying to say is if u don't give ur relationship a name it is easy to get out of and people to question and Judge u by it. But if u take the big step of giving it a name u are taking on the responsibility to be answerable for that relationship and everything u do with it. It's like u have a bas***d child and if u don't name him u have no obligation to him buy if u take the hard step of doing so u will always be responsible for him... Am I making any sense???
@mini..Totally!! Putting live-in & wedlock at par dilutes the sanctity of marraige.There is no status called as 'almost married'.There cannot be any ad hocism in a contract like marraige.
If its easty to change one partner for another,where's the incentve to develop a staying power in a relationship.The debate can never end,  Live-in is easy to establish for many reasons , a strong one is physical pleasure without any commitments,space,choice,personal responsibility  does not legally commit and dissolve easily if not smoothly.
The pros and cons of both arrangements have always been before us, it is just that we do not fear the consequences any more. For those who believe it's a cultural violation it would never gain respect and for those who are moving with the times, "It is part of life and it's ever changing face!!"
Like it's said, "Nothing is right or wrong: Thinking makes it so", if you feel you can't handle the responsibility, the apparent monotonous tone of married life and you need space, freedom, you may live-in; you might not be welcome but you won't be renounced either. And the debate of which is a better deal, still continues.
I am a woman of old thoughts many may  say, still believe in the sanctity of marraige.And love the commitment , enjoy the stability and adore the responsibility.
OOps!! here my rambling goes...sorry  ppl to bore u to death and not even mentioning once about Arnav..cpoming bck to the world of Arnav and his bedroom eyes...AAH!!!
Shayam is a creep as many lovely ladies have already mentioned, that he is not commiting to a relationship with clarity and truth whether its Khushi or Anjali... he has to come out straight, whereas Arnav is clear from the beginning about his stance on marraige, and when he would finally & fully love Khushi then I am sure he would come clear with Lav, and for all u knw, La will suddenly get her brains back and realise herself coz rt now she is pea-brained.HEHHE.

@Angelina...Amazing Post.Enjoying the thought process from the lovelies.

Nice point of view. Agree with what you've written.
Flame. IF-Rockerz
Flame.
Flame.

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 1:20am | IP Logged
Wonderful post with some wonderful point of views Clap 
i dont want to say anything. Its so good to see such posts with some wonderful replies.
.Sad.But.True. IF-Sizzlerz
.Sad.But.True.
.Sad.But.True.

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 1:25am | IP Logged
@angelina Great topic !
@Vrush you have said it all . You are just amazing Thumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-RushTrip-

shim_ca Senior Member
shim_ca
shim_ca

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 1:38am | IP Logged
still i think that shyam's character is grey shaded, not negative fully.

a question often bothers me, why shyam calls anjali rani shaheba?  may be in future we may see that the marriage between shyam and anjali was just a compromise, at least from shyam's side. in previous episodes shyam said two times, i have done a mistake, that i have to rectify. what is the mistake -  that is not clear yet. however, that is decision of CV.

of course there are differences between shyam and arnav. shyam is truly desperate for khusi and he knows that. on the contrary, arnav has an attraction for khusi, that he does not know.  he thinks about her, and later he asks himself, why i think about her. when arnav will realize that he has a feeling for khusi he will not play dirty game to get her like shyam, rather he will try to control her mind what is the main theme of the serial - kash main tumse pyar kar pati.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Peace67

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index