Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Together again at the Coffee Table (Page 27)

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 8:05am | IP Logged
@All - saw a little bit of KTLK repeat... So they are going for Nidhi his baba's granddaughter angle right? @Sami - how do u feel about this? From your posts in another topic, i realized that inter-personal relationships are wayy too complex than what i have seen on tv/movies LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rusha4003sami01

sami01 IF-Sizzlerz
sami01
sami01

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 8:39am | IP Logged
u know arwen it is weired to say what i feel about it ..in my opinion i am very much against the inter relative relationships be it cousin 1st 2nd or even 5th or uncle and niece ..i think makers r doing a very different approach here...one thing is i guess he was not legally adopted...it was as if he was cared for...types and i also think that they r showing us that relationship way to early in story ... i forgot dhoop kinare's events how they folded but i feel if i am not wrong ahmer knew zoya before he found out baba had given away the house to his granddaughter.
so at this point somehow way he has given treatment to this thing it doesn't appear wrong but at same time i hope they clear it to audience that there was no adoption ceremony done either legally or religiously. bec if a puja was done to adopt him  then he is her uncle ...regardless  .bec if that happened then i think what they r showing here is morally wrong

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rusha4003skepticalArwen.

skeptical IF-Rockerz
skeptical
skeptical

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 9:49am | IP Logged
 Well Sakhi, 

I heard him say to Baba "aapne is yateem ko aapke ghar me laakar ..."  

Mayb this means that he is not adopted. Confused    Of course, I can't be sure ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sami01Arwen.

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
@Sami - actually baba had willed away his house to zoya years before ahmer and zoya met for the first time. he just didnt know zoya is actually baba's grand daughter (whom he hated LOL

Waise - i m sure when adapting DK to KTLK, they would have kept Indian sensibilities in mind. Afterall most of the cast and crew is from North and Central India. And I'm sure most  of them remember the hoopla caused by that sister-stepson story in Bandini. This one in a way is a much closer relationship. 

On a side note - what is a gotra? heard this term in Laado last year and havent fully understood it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sanaa_s

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arwen.

@Sami - actually baba had willed away his house to zoya years before ahmer and zoya met for the first time. he just didnt know zoya is actually baba's grand daughter (whom he hated LOL

Waise - i m sure when adapting DK to KTLK, they would have kept Indian sensibilities in mind. Afterall most of the cast and crew is from North and Central India. And I'm sure most  of them remember the hoopla caused by that sister-stepson story in Bandini. This one in a way is a much closer relationship. 

On a side note - what is a gotra? heard this term in Laado last year and havent fully understood it.

Holas.. to All.. missing yapping with u.. all!! Ouch

Arw @Gotra..

Arwen.

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Tanu i read it just yesterday and i didnt understand it Embarrassed Is gotra distant family Confused? and the sages part confused me as well ... So several million people are connected thru a common ancestor and hence cant marry Confusedand then d court thingy was the final nail in the coffin ... bcos it made it sound like that people themselves are confused Confused
Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
USHAAA HugHugHug
Gosh its soo good to see you again Hug

Now if only sonia, tami, shelly etc could be here. the gang will be complete Tongue

@sushi_anki - welcome to the coffee table Smile

Edited by Arwen. - 12 October 2011 at 12:21pm

rusha4003

sami01 IF-Sizzlerz
sami01
sami01

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
arwen gotra in simple terms is say Ur last name eg in Pakistan too i know in jat community they use last names bhati grewal gill which we Sikhs use too we call that last name as gotra and we r not allowed to marry even a non relative who is from our father and mothers gotra aka last name...so when i had to get married they had to exclude any potential groom from my dad and my mom's last name side..in old days they also used to exclude Nani and dadi's maiden last names...nwo with big population they allow that in some communities

and skeps dear i think so too he was yateem brought up by baba... the way they showed bec once adoption is done with puja or in sikh's case with sikh prayers in gurdwara they become much more binding and real then child is equal to biological child..yes that relationship in bandini i know ...so many people had war about it but ethically what tehy showed was right though ..it is considered incest... eg my brother's in law family is considered i have to call his wfe's mom and dad massi ji and mausa ji(like khala)
to make long story short ancient india had a very developed scientific society...u see parts of it in pakistan itself in mintgumri and texila itself..they devised these plans to avoid inbreeding and genetic diseases

Arwen.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index