Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: BheegiBasanti

I prefer grey characters Tanu...so much more detail a viewer can chew on.

Same here.. its that much fun..coz they go white n..suddenly turn n go the black of Grey 😳

Btw.. i liked Doc A.. praising Doc N's ability at becoming a good doc... that was nice..! The lines they said were fab..

'Usse bardasht karna mushkil hai.. but usme kabiliyat hai!' 
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yup...that was a good line!
skeptical thumbnail
Originally posted by: sami01

may be skeps they wil make her wakeup this way ...bec in real life i have seen sometimes major errors done specialy in india..no offence to doctors there but we had lost my cousin's wife to stupid nurse's error who gave a injection directly at really fast speed instead of slow drip and her heart stoppped at 25 she was dead with a baby and leaving other child motherless...

but her character has come off as really irresponsible at this point and she is so loud...tone down on voice is needed..but am seeing ke chalo ek serial dekhte hain doston se milte hain ...but i like soem parts of serial..

Yes you are right ... errors made here are really very shameful.  This happens more when the patient is poor and/or illiterate.  However medical errors are made everywhere.  Take the case of Sridevi's mother who was undergoing an operation at the Sloan Kettering ... was operated upon the wrong lobe of the brain.  Would you expect that from such a prestigious institution?  Sri took the hospital to court and won several million dollars as compensation.  She never got her mom back. 😔

You know there is something about the medical profession.  You can't bear making a mockery of it.  For me education and medicine are the two most important/valuable fields.  My POV.

The jokes seemed contrived or childish or stupid.  And guess who takes the cake at irritating?  Dr Ranganath.  😡

That interlude betw the cook and his teacher with the driving lesson was so unnecessary.  So much of footage has been wasted!!!!!!! 🤢

Armu4eva thumbnail
Originally posted by: skeptical

Yes you are right ... errors made here are really very shameful.  This happens more when the patient is poor and/or illiterate.  However medical errors are made everywhere.  Take the case of Sridevi's mother who was undergoing an operation at the Sloan Kettering ... was operated upon the wrong lobe of the brain.  Would you expect that from such a prestigious institution?  Sri took the hospital to court and won several million dollars as compensation.  She never got her mom back. 😔

Good point.. i think something was there about Juhi Chawlas dad/mom too... something happened abroad only...so errors are made everywhere..  but its really unfair for the production team to have such a casual attitude in showing such important things.. 😡

Agree with u skeppy i hateeed the trainer/cook scenes.. they look sooo OTT n unnecessary..!! Vishals take of Ranganath is nothing in front of Sajid Hassan.. his dialogues n screen presence were class apart...
skeptical thumbnail
Originally posted by: BheegiBasanti

Wish I had time to do a more detailed critique but most parts of this show work for me. That said, I think the story telling and screenplay work is suffering from the hangover that most remakes fall prey to i.e. a self-imposed ban on breaking away from original. 🤔 Dev D was not most people's cup of tea but I LOVED it...it was inspired by the classic but managed to break away and recreate it for a different era. 😍 I have always liked the stories penned by Sarat Chatterjee ... but unfortunately Dev D I thought was his worst.  I loved Parineeta, choti bahu, majhli didi to name a few. 

Now...I may be in a minority but I enjoyed DK but never found it brilliant (very few shows fall in that category for me)...it had its share of flaws. DK could get away with the lack of depth due to the shortened duration of the show and by keeping the screenplay crisp. This paragraph I second with all my heart ... Absolutely on the mark!

KTLK on the other hand has the opportunity to use the daily nature of the show to its benefit by diving in to the characterization but I feel like they are scared to move away too far from the original. But...in my not-so-humble opinion, unless they do, this show will always be compared to DK instead of being judged for its own merits or lack thereof. True

What works:
  • MB...any surprise there? 😆 He is perfectly cast as Ashutosh! His expressions speak so much more than his dialogs do!
  • KK...her acting and character work in parts. Maybe it's the direction she has been given but she seems to subscribe to the theory that bubbly means silly & immature. For e.g. Kareena Kapoor's bubbly onscreen persona in so many of her movies pre-2007 were caricature-like and silly...contrast that with the more nuanced characterization and act in JWM!
  • Screenplay work and writing is decent not exceptional.
What does not work:
  • The hospital scenes and lack of research. This is in line with the majority of Indian shows set in a hospital but I expected more from Kamlesh Pandey.
  • Vishal's character is such a caricature!

I also feel the dialogues have no punch in them.  The speech is what connects all the characters together and their strength binds the viewer to the story.  But I don't see the case here.  There doesn't seem to be a good grip on anything.  
Lots of improvement is needed and I wonder if we'll ever get to see it ... 🤔

skeptical thumbnail
Tanu, Juhi's mom died in Czech or Hungary when a scooterist hammered into her.  Incidentally she managed to save her daughter who was walking with her.  I don't think that was due to medical negligence.
skeptical thumbnail
So far what I have like the most is the signature song ... Saiyaan.  Its soft and mellifluous depicting the lament of the lady in love so beautifully.

And that lady is Dr Nidhi?? Looks and sounds so incongruous, na? 😕
skeptical thumbnail
Ok ... I have written the first part of my log entry  which is "KTLK ... a slight shift."  

Should I write it here or should I start a new thread?  I shall try and make a daily entry to keep abreast of the story ...

Armu4eva thumbnail
Originally posted by: skeptical

So far what I have like the most is the signature song ... Saiyaan.  Its soft and mellifluous depicting the lament of the lady in love so beautifully.

And that lady is Dr Nidhi?? Looks and sounds so incongruous, na? 😕

Oh ok.. sorry i goofed up.. wasnt sure as such.. thanks for the infor 🤗

n wow.. u have started writing.. dhinka chika 
skeptical thumbnail
where shd I post that story?????