Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Together again at the Coffee Table - Page 22

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
@Sami - actually baba had willed away his house to zoya years before ahmer and zoya met for the first time. he just didnt know zoya is actually baba's grand daughter (whom he hated πŸ˜†) 

Waise - i m sure when adapting DK to KTLK, they would have kept Indian sensibilities in mind. Afterall most of the cast and crew is from North and Central India. And I'm sure most  of them remember the hoopla caused by that sister-stepson story in Bandini. This one in a way is a much closer relationship. 

On a side note - what is a gotra? heard this term in Laado last year and havent fully understood it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Arwen.

@Sami - actually baba had willed away his house to zoya years before ahmer and zoya met for the first time. he just didnt know zoya is actually baba's grand daughter (whom he hated πŸ˜†) 

Waise - i m sure when adapting DK to KTLK, they would have kept Indian sensibilities in mind. Afterall most of the cast and crew is from North and Central India. And I'm sure most  of them remember the hoopla caused by that sister-stepson story in Bandini. This one in a way is a much closer relationship. 

On a side note - what is a gotra? heard this term in Laado last year and havent fully understood it.

Holas.. to All.. missing yapping with u.. all!! 

Arw @Gotra..

Arwen11 thumbnail
Tanu i read it just yesterday and i didnt understand it 😳 Is gotra distant family πŸ˜•? and the sages part confused me as well ... So several million people are connected thru a common ancestor and hence cant marry πŸ˜•and then d court thingy was the final nail in the coffin ... bcos it made it sound like that people themselves are confused πŸ˜•
Arwen11 thumbnail
USHAAA πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Gosh its soo good to see you again πŸ€—

Now if only sonia, tami, shelly etc could be here. the gang will be complete πŸ˜›

@sushi_anki - welcome to the coffee table 😊

Edited by Arwen. - 12 years ago
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
arwen gotra in simple terms is say Ur last name eg in Pakistan too i know in jat community they use last names bhati grewal gill which we Sikhs use too we call that last name as gotra and we r not allowed to marry even a non relative who is from our father and mothers gotra aka last name...so when i had to get married they had to exclude any potential groom from my dad and my mom's last name side..in old days they also used to exclude Nani and dadi's maiden last names...nwo with big population they allow that in some communities

and skeps dear i think so too he was yateem brought up by baba... the way they showed bec once adoption is done with puja or in sikh's case with sikh prayers in gurdwara they become much more binding and real then child is equal to biological child..yes that relationship in bandini i know ...so many people had war about it but ethically what tehy showed was right though ..it is considered incest... eg my brother's in law family is considered i have to call his wfe's mom and dad massi ji and mausa ji(like khala)
to make long story short ancient india had a very developed scientific society...u see parts of it in pakistan itself in mintgumri and texila itself..they devised these plans to avoid inbreeding and genetic diseases
Armu4eva thumbnail

Tanu i read it just yesterday and i didnt understand it 😳 Is gotra distant family πŸ˜•? and the sages part confused me as well ... So several million people are connected thru a common ancestor and hence cant marry πŸ˜•and then d court thingy was the final nail in the coffin ... bcos it made it sound like that people themselves are confused πŸ˜•

Yep.. in indian culture.. its like everyone is a descendant of the seven sages...😊 that King Manu had saved when the world had ended... ! So in our culture.. inter gotra marriage are not allowed.. its like ur marrying ur bro/sis... ! We in bengal are still following this culture.. like if u ask. .my gotra is Kashyap Gotra (my dads gotra) aka ..we are descendants of Kashyap Muni... n My mom is bharadwaj gotra.. she is desccendant of Bharadwaj  Muni
Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago
sami01 thumbnail
arwen last name marriage is big ethical question in India,bec with this many million population relationship obviously is not possible genetically which is valid only up to 7 generations according to scietists..but still its considered big no no ..in Bengal as  its said its descendent's from rishis..same is in most of north india...basicaly its like common ancestors...but courts sometimes allow such marriages bec legal system is based on British ways Na
Arwen11 thumbnail
But Sami dont people prefer marriages in their own communities/clans?  So people from different gotras can be part of the same clan πŸ˜•?

U r right about this being ingenious in that they avoided in breeding etc. Here .. genetic diseases have become prevalent in some families

But now with already skewed male-female ratios ... and all these ethical questions (aka what u said in that other thread of not even marrying a guy if u tied rakhi as a kid or grew up together or parents are really close to each other etc), it seems parents have to go through hell of a time to find an appropriate rishta πŸ˜•

Waise - KTLK guys are playing it safe. they havent revealed the last name of Doc Ashutosh πŸ˜† Nidhi is i think Nidhi Sharma?

last names reminds me ... is their a debate where Bollywood movies are concerned? I mean Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor romancing on screen etc πŸ˜•
Edited by Arwen. - 12 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail

last names reminds me ... is their a debate where Bollywood movies are concerned? I mean Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor romancing on screen etc πŸ˜•

Nope..  Ranbir Kapoor..  Kareena Kapoor is the only issue there.. πŸ˜†

N i dunno how gotra is related to last names.. in bengalis such is not the custom.. its a lineage..!

Btw... even Mallikas last name has not been revealed.. πŸ˜†
sami01 thumbnail
arwen population bahut jayaada hai re never r rishtas ki kami this type of strict regime is done in Bengali Hindus and also jat Sikh communities in some other casts and also other north Indian communities like Brahmin's etc..
but people who migrated from Pakistani cities etc like ukada sahiwal Peshawar and Rawalpindi areas despite being Hindus and Sikhs do cousin marriages and all .kapoors family i mean raj kaporrs family did it ..so now a days they do less but from those region people certain casts do exchange marriages too like u marry my sis i marry urs type...which is again big no no for north indians...so u see end of story u can say is
IT IS COMPLICATED with india being such big country with so many rituals and cultures but north indians in majority follow these traditions