Together again at the Coffee Table - Page 15

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Arwen.

@Skep - word!!!

And btw fellas ...since i couldnt watch the first episode... have we seen the transition where Baba's "betrayal" sets in? i thought the conversation with lawyer happened in first episode itself so is the death recent? bcos if it is than i fail to understand Ashutosh. why is he is so bitter and hardstone and flower hater etc when the whole thing is recent and not colored by cynicism of several years?

Nope death aint recent.. from what i remember.. of Ashutosh's convo with the old guy who stays with him...he says.. been quite a few years...(i think i heard 8.. but not too sure)

The car bit was the best of what i have seen till now..!! MB is doing his bit... but yes one thing i din like is the anji-nidhi bonding... just now i watched.. kehkasha n marinas scenes.. n man.. they did appear besties.. n bonded at the hips..!! 
Sorry Tanu πŸ˜† was busy editing my take so didnt notice your reply..

yep MB is doing his bit ... i hope KKf pulls up her socks and stop being so influenced by DK...

oh ok .. so death isnt recent ... thanks for the info πŸ˜† ... i think (based on what i have read about the first episode) the one place where KTLK guys tried to be different from DK is also the place where they should have slowed down .. it would have been better if they had focused on the past and established the transitions before showing the current lot ... they compromised on the past in order to fast track Ashutosh-Nidhi meeting ...

but perhaps this aspect wont bother the average viewer πŸ˜† may be i m being a DK purist πŸ˜›

Sorry Tanu πŸ˜† was busy editing my take so didnt notice your reply..

yep MB is doing his bit ... i hope KKf pulls up her socks and stop being so influenced by DK...

oh ok .. so death isnt recent ... thanks for the info πŸ˜† ... i think (based on what i have read about the first episode) the one place where KTLK guys tried to be different from DK is also the place where they should have slowed down .. it would have been better if they had focused on the past and established the transitions before showing the current lot ... they compromised on the past in order to fast track Ashutosh-Nidhi meeting ...

but perhaps this aspect wont bother the average viewer πŸ˜† may be i m being a DK purist πŸ˜›

1.  Yes it doesnt bother non-DK viewrs.. for us the story flow is okay..
2.  May b thy will introduce later on gradually as Nids-Ashu bonding grows..
3.  Baba's actual betrayal mite b a suspense element kept on for later..

considering the pace at which KTLK is picking up DK scenes i m sure the 69 epi DK wud b finished within 2 months or so.. thn v mite c something more original of KTLK taking DK story further to 250 epis..😳

p.s.:  For thos who havent watched much of Zoya.. like me... dont find KK overacting..πŸ€”.. I thot Zoya underacted for her role instead.. (thts my opinion from the 1st instance i saw of zoya).. were as Ahmer was much more into the character..πŸ€”
Edited by achiever - 12 years ago

Arw. even i m a DK fanatic.. a purist too.. but i m taking KTLK as it comes.. with zero expectations... i m actually waiting for A&N interactions...it makes it worth th watch...😳

About first epi.. even i din like it.. too much ..too soon.. n it din let me.. feel sympathy for Ashutosh... hence for me..the show began from yesterday.. proper MB scene.. n Arw.. i dunno..about others..but MB-Rukhsar are my reasons to watch... along with th MB-Kritz.. hatke pairing...πŸ˜›

@Achiever... sweets.. hv we finalised the jodi name... me making tons of typos with ashutosh ka naam... so long.. yaar πŸ˜†
@Achiever (what should i call you?)
1. yeh i figured as much 😊 waise half of what i m saying is based on what i have read on the forum .. i try to watch KTLK on its own merits but sometimes it becomes difficult 😊
and i havent been able to watch any of the episodes properly ... 7:30 is too incovenient πŸ˜† like today my father got home from office at around the same time so i ended up trying to watch while preparing dinner πŸ˜†

2&3 - hmm true ... in dailies there has to be a conflict which the past and ashutosh-baba relationship can provide.

I was so glad to read about the 250 episodes bit πŸ˜† thank god that there might be one soap which will end on a good note and not be draaagged πŸ˜›

and is the 69 episode thing coming from Youtube uploads? bcos Dk actually has 13 episodes ..

U know i wouldnt mind the similar scenes if the treatment was .. i dunno more KTLK ... its a new show with its own set of talented creatives and actors .. utilize that talent yar ... i mean the car accident scene is nothing new ... its a cliche which has been there for ages but they brought their own zing to it so it was a good, fun scene ... it will be great if they can come up with more scenes like that...

@Zoya - again that's your opinion 😊 for me zoya was the perfect balance of liveliness and restraint/subtlety so i enjoyed it πŸ˜† .. with Nidhi .. i m reminded too much of Arohi ... πŸ˜›

@Tanu - Rukhsar is the surprise package yaar .. she might be able to do what Badar Khalil failed in doing .. make her character likeable and arouse sympathy in audience... it is a difficult role ... too many layers to the characters... and rukhsar is doing a brilliant job of portraying that ... i hope the complexity is maintained... it wont do for them to turn mallika into an out and out vamp.

EDIT: i always find it difficult to not compareπŸ˜† I do that with movies all the time πŸ˜› loved LOTR movies bcos even though changes were made, the changes were for the better... so as much as i loved the books i ended up loving the movies as well .. with Harry Potter... for an adaptation the movies were pretty bad ... i found it very difficult to judge them on their own merits bcos they couldnt be as good as the books and the changes were pretty ..ehπŸ˜› (purely my opinion.. i know people who enjoyed the movies as well as the books)

with KTLK .. i liked the changes as in the car scene ... but if they try to be exactly like DK then they fall short (for me πŸ˜†) its a pity really bcos cast wise they have got the cream of the lot .. they just need to utilize their talent properly.
Edited by Arwen. - 12 years ago
Arw .. word to what u said.. so very true..!!

Nakal mein bhi akal chahiye.. (a famous saying).. i second u when u say that.. they r failing.. miserably.. where they are aping DK ..cent percent..!! But the new scenes.. like the blow dryer scene of MB-Rukhsar.. the car scene of A&N. were reallyyy good!! 

Btw.. the only two sour things.. for me.. glaringly at the moment r .. 
---ZERO impactful dialogues...
---BG...(barring saiyan) 
Tanu - wait for it ..the impactful dialogues might come πŸ˜†

didnt notice the background tonight bcos couldnt watch for more than a minute or so at a time .. BUT i hated the score yesterday .. what was the point of Saiyan when Nidhi was entering the hospital for instance? its a nice track so they should limit it to when the two start to get attracted to each other ... an instrumental version of saiyan or those hmmm hmmms πŸ˜† will do just fine for now πŸ˜›
Edited by Arwen. - 12 years ago

Tanu - wait for it ..the impactful dialogues might come πŸ˜†

I dunno.. yaar.. MB said in an interview..that he did rehearse urdu lines.. n here we get simple.. lines.. with no .. symbolism.. or depth 
Originally posted by Armu4eva

I dunno.. yaar.. MB said in an interview..that he did rehearse urdu lines.. n here we get simple.. lines.. with no .. symbolism.. or depth 

its a hindi show πŸ˜† may be they ll come up with something as the romance comes in to play πŸ˜›

its a hindi show πŸ˜† may be they ll come up with something as the romance comes in to play πŸ˜›

Hope so yaar πŸ˜³.. the title vid.. makes me grin u know.. πŸ˜³ like a fool...me all starry eyed.. tho its pretty filmy.. phir bhi πŸ˜†