Gulaal

Hate You; Hate You Not! - Page 5

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: manzilmukul

Phew managed to read each and every post on this thread in one go..finally..πŸ˜›

Jzee,anu,maz..brilliant as always..πŸ‘

Well it is a bit late but I would like to add on that Mb was very sensible in a way when he actually warned Gulaal about the consequences of this DV after the bhang driven chotu kesu threw tantrums and came home demanding food to be served by his wife Gulaal.I remember Mb saying that Now Is Kesar is just 12..what will happen when he becomers 13,14 15,16..He will then interpret this relationship in his own understanding and terms.And the epic dialogue "tab tu kya karegi Gulaal"

And the classic ostrich Gulaal said that Kesar is still a bacha.Jzee I think Mb was a very sensible man and he also said that Gulaal can never understand because she is a woman.And I was reminded of his warning in the epic family scene post Talli marriage fiasco and kesar's confession where Kesar openly declares that Gulaal is leaving the house because he said that he loves her.OMG one master glare and stare by MB .He stood there silently ,gave a piercing look at Gulaal ..as if look ..I had warned you...πŸ˜†

Well don't know what exactly I am blabbering .But yes the story writing has been very crisp and we can relate all the scenes together.

Well My question is that what if Kesar was never sent to boarding school and he grew up with Gulaal .Would it be the same or maybe MB fears would be laid to rest.

Piyu all with you on MB's sensibility with regard to Gulaal, her DV decision, and its consequences that he could foresee unlike her. 

My debate is only over MB's edge of Gulaal's welfare over Kesar's. That truly is, and shall be debatable. As an adult of 20 some years, if I look back at my 12 year old age, and find that decisions were made for me, keeping someone else a step higher in mind, than me - I could have issues with that. Of course Kesar doesn't - because hello, Gulaal being anyone's top priority is always thumbs up from him (oh everyone minus Dushyant πŸ˜† ) but I'm just talking about this in a more objective manner. As Nur pointed out, the decision wasn't solely for Gulaal's advantage but also for Kesar - I just feel Gulaal got MB's preference - but like you say too, what would have happened had Kesar not been packed off is almost a 50-50 chance. 

Well - over his 'hate Gulaal' mode that is. Love Gulaal to hona hi tha - this way or that πŸ˜† But if he had stayed behind, would Gulaal have penetrated his silence and have him blurt out knowing the truth much sooner, so he didn't have to kill himself with the dilemma for a decade? I think she would have managed it - and I think that would have only added instance to his falling in love with her... So I think MB really didn't mistrust Gulaal for managing Kesar well enough, but feared, and rightly for Gulaal's sake at least, that her managing Kesar would only make things harder than ever for her... So to me it always appears he sent off Kesar, much more for Gulaal's sake, than Kesar's. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: JZephyr

I'll underline and cement that as our common love

GK FACE OFF = LOVE LOVE LOVE β˜ΊοΈ 

How can someone not be drawn to the strains between these two! Insane as this sounds, I'm really glad the show ended with GK union! I would be all out rooting for more scenes 'in between' more sequences, more circumstances - and more face offs - but the end had to be what it was, there and that! 

I've just managed to get myslef ever the more obsessed with these two - w3as that even possible? I feel like Kesar now - in the second hug scene, where he tells Gulaal his izzat and pyaar for her has increased... yes, I feel like that, quite that! 

haha *high fives* I also dunno how it's possible but I grow to be more obsessed with them day by dayπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...I also can't fathom how anyone can NOT be drawn to just the EPIC interactions b/w these two...yes it great the show ended the way it did...otherwise toh our appetite for the face-offs would be insatiable no doubt...lol...but we cherish them all the more for what they were and that's that.

without-fathom thumbnail
Cliche as I will sound - the love of these two - especially the face off love - is like wine... grows better, older! β˜ΊοΈ And its like timeless poetry - every time you re-read the writing, there's more meaning to the figurative metaphors, and the analogies! 
AreYaar thumbnail

Well - over his 'hate Gulaal' mode that is. Love Gulaal to hona hi tha - this way or that πŸ˜† But if he had stayed behind, would Gulaal have penetrated his silence and have him blurt out knowing the truth much sooner, so he didn't have to kill himself with the dilemma for a decade? I think she would have managed it - and I think that would have only added instance to his falling in love with her... So I think MB really didn't mistrust Gulaal for managing Kesar well enough, but feared, and rightly for Gulaal's sake at least, that her managing Kesar would only make things harder than ever for her... So to me it always appears he sent off Kesar, much more for Gulaal's sake, than Kesar's. 

Ahhh interesting thought...yes there are high chances that Gulaal would have gotten him to blurt out what's hurting him...but what would she have then done in turn?? Wouldn't the ENTIRE story have unravelled right there and then had that happened?? I don't think Gulaal would have been able to manage the FALLOUT of this...yeah she could have gotten Kesar to tell her what was bothering him but had he told her, all the pieces she had put in place would have come tumbling down...all that happened much later...MB finding out, the family finding out...all that might have happened THEN only...and Kesar was not really in a position to then be there for Gulaal, was he?? Yes, the INTENTION was there but he was a child, after all...so again it's the genius of the storyline to let it play out the way it did.
without-fathom thumbnail
^^ and so I said we let Kesar suffer for the period of a 'show time leap' - to entertain us ever the more πŸ˜†

If every right thing was always said at the right time - what would be left to told in a story anyway?! 
AreYaar thumbnail

^^ and so I said we let Kesar suffer for the period of a 'show time leap' - to entertain us ever the more πŸ˜†

If every right thing was always said at the right time - what would be left to told in a story anyway?! 

Exactly...and very few show are able to craft that as masterfully as this show did...to put in the twists and turns in the story so SKILLFULLYπŸ‘πŸ‘

So agree with your timeless poetry analogy too...Gulaal could totally be taught as a classic piece of literature in classes I say :P haha...I know it's originally adapted from the novel but it seems like it went above and beyond that in a sense given the uniqueness of the GK relationship.
without-fathom thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nureat01

Exactly...and very few show are able to craft that as masterfully as this show did...to put in the twists and turns in the story so SKILLFULLYπŸ‘πŸ‘

So agree with your timeless poetry analogy too...Gulaal could totally be taught as a classic piece of literature in classes I say :P haha...I know it's originally adapted from the novel but it seems like it went above and beyond that in a sense given the uniqueness of the GK relationship.

I read the novel while the show was on - and it easily surpassed that class - and this is me talking, the ever defender of literature over 'moving-media'. But honestly, if Gulaal was taught in classroom study - you and I Nur, can ace it by the time we're done with doing every scene like 432654382648924792083401293 times over πŸ˜†  

Maybe someone will try to buy those copyrights and write it as a novel. It would be one hell of a classic! 

ps: @manipulating the art of 'twists' - a talent majorly lacking on Indian TV, as we over and over brood about! Twist ko use karna hai, abuse thode, koi to samjhaaye! 
AreYaar thumbnail

I read the novel while the show was on - and it easily surpassed that class - and this is me talking, the ever defender of literature over 'moving-media'. But honestly, if Gulaal was taught in classroom study - you and I Nur, can ace it by the time we're done with doing every scene like 432654382648924792083401293 times over πŸ˜†  

Maybe someone will try to buy those copyrights and write it as a novel. It would be one hell of a classic! 

ps: @manipulating the art of 'twists' - a talent majorly lacking on Indian TV, as we over and over brood about! Twist ko use karna hai, abuse thode, koi to samjhaaye! 

LOL I can already imagine our titles...P.hd  in Galool-ologyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...heck we could probably TEACH a class on this by the time we're done with our 8979868574567 revisions as you saidπŸ˜†

I haven't read the novel but know the basic plotline and yes it's obvious even then that Gulaal went far above that. It really would be amazing to read Gulaal in novel form too...the dialogues are so powerful, they'd leap out of the pages...but yeah the way all the actors brought the characters to life gave it a whole another special dimension.
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
without-fathom thumbnail
How beautiful is this promo?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF55vCxamDA[/YOUTUBE]

I love how this show maintained its class even in airing its promos. Mansi looks ethereal! And the promo hints at so much content, yet the DV scene itself added so much more, and wasn't just 2 lines from the promo + 2 lines of paraphrasing the same! 
Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

OK now..*throws tantrums*

I demand a novel written by Jzee and anu..

the two Phd candidates of Galoology

jokes apart..

well I also lubbed the promo specially the subtle yellow shade used and this promo was one of the key reasons which pulled me towards this serial😳

This is for both of you the lubbly jodi Jzee and anu

I always look forward to your posts and discussions