Homsexuality and DABH

Angelbud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi guys,

Do any of you think that the writers want us to acknowledge that the show hints on homosexuality? The performance from the MIL was a little camp and also one or two of the male characters act with very feminine characteristics! Personally i think its really good to see a mans more sensitive side as with Suraj shows his mother i.e. the balcony scene in the first weeks episode. I also think that wearing what is associated with gay culture un the UK and USA such as the multi colours really shows how this aspect of popular culture is reflected in shows such as DABH.  Well done DABH for including Terrorism, i.e. the bomb blast, Racism, i.e. the comments made by sandhya and the german and now Homosexuality.

Really good and commendable!👏 Do any of you have any thoughts on the above very relevant aspect of popular culture in the show? 😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angelbud thumbnail

Does the above mean you don't like homosexuals or that you don't like the relevance of it in the show? Or that either way it makes you cry?  The statistics are one in every 5 men in india have had homosexual experiences.  The show is just bringing these statistics to the surface!  Men leave their wives for other men all the time!  Maybe that will happen in the show!
Angelbud thumbnail
Its such an interesting topic and so many of you are interested in it as well I'm sure! 
Angelbud thumbnail
Just received five emails from people agreeing with me on this point! So good that homosexuality is so prevalent in the society in india and hence on DABH then! that seems to be the general view so far! 😉
neetusidhu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
who is showing homosexual tendencies???? i havent noticed yet...please will you let me know...that is a common thing in north america and inour shows but less prevalent in india...what a great post by the way😊
Angelbud thumbnail
Originally posted by: neetusidhu

who is showing homosexual tendencies???? i havent noticed yet...please will you let me know...that is a common thing in north america and inour shows but less prevalent in india...what a great post by the way😊

Yes it is less prevalent in indian broadcast although I do believe the writers are thinking along the lines of more westernised programming which is perhaps more realistic.

Whats even more interesting is the theory that some of the historical plays that were recorded over two thousand years ago come from india not the west as originally thought and indeed contained homosexuality!  All concepts of acting being entertainment actually originated in India, and that is a proven fact! 

The homosexuality issue has no doubt been suppressed in many countries, but now in Europe and the USA many programs are being made for primetime TV!  Its commendable that young people that are born gay can be represented openly and role modelled on these programs in India now as well! 

India could actually lead the world in the acceptance of Homosexuality unlike many belief systems abroad!  I really commend DABH fro including these issues in the program if this was their intention! 
neetusidhu thumbnail
yea...totally agree but who in dabh did you feel is a homosexual...mere ko to aisa kuch nazar nahi aaya...
Angelbud thumbnail

yea...totally agree but who in dabh did you feel is a homosexual...mere ko to aisa kuch nazar nahi aaya...

Its great that you agree with my posts on Homosexulaity in DABH! And Its really relevant nowadays for people to comment upon who they think is gay! It is clealry part of the plot as well.  Do you think anything will develop in that area then?
neetusidhu thumbnail
i completely agree with you and say kudos to the writers if they are gonna hint upon this phenomenon...and especially within indian television...and im not sure which character is giving hints that they could swing that way but i wll try to pay more attention henceforth...
Angelbud thumbnail

i completely agree with you and say kudos to the writers if they are gonna hint upon this phenomenon...and especially within indian television...and im not sure which character is giving hints that they could swing that way but i wll try to pay more attention henceforth...

Well I though it was obvious with the brother in law.  Unless that charactor is his brother in the show? Its really interesting though and its so good that you think its relevant!  it would be amazing if we had a drama where a girl or guy said they were gay! All prazes to DABH for having a gay character in the show possibly!