Posted: 12 years ago
Exclnt post.. I like ur list...
I'd rather say that this show is turning into a comedy...
Originally posted by JRSN

I'd rather say that this show is turning into a comedy...

I would rather err on the side of some comedy than melodrama, wouldn't you?
MOmmma

updated my spot on page 1...

sorry for being late!!
Originally posted by -RushTrip-

MOmmma

updated my spot on page 1...

sorry for being late!!

Oh it's okay.  No worries.
I think the whole point of saying that even Lakshmi has children is to show how La invested everything in this one man and with him gone she is left with NOTHING.

Shyam is calling Khushi's parents I think.  Let's see how he gets them to Delhi.

I am very curious to see ASR's reaction to La's proposal and to see what Khushi's is.
i went crazy all afternoon trying to work that out..

and now am a bit calm

but ye monday pls..aa jaaye

never waited for a monday like this..ever!!
Lovely post Anu!  Really liked your love list... Specially the point about Explaining the duppatta...Now it makes sense the scenes when Arnav babu has had the duppatta on his face...

I may be the old fashioned one here about the "live in" relationships and "marriage"...Marriage is an institution...a social contract... Even if the point in that was being made in the dream sequence was done in a comical way... the point that "live in" relationship is 1 significant step lower in commitment level or acceptance of the commitment ...than marriage is not  unfamiliar even in the western world...!! 
Edited by MsUniverse - 12 years ago
Originally posted by MsUniverse

Lovely post Anu!  Really liked your love list... Specially the point about Explaining the duppatta...Now it makes sense the scenes when Arnav babu has had the duppatta on his face...

I may be the old fashioned one here about the "live in" relationships and "marriage"...Marriage is an institution...a social contract... Even if the point in that was being made in the dream sequence was done in a comical way... the point that "live in" relationship is 1 significant step lower in commitment level or acceptance of the commitment ...than marriage is not  unfamiliar even in the western world...!! 

^^^
The point you make here about live in is one I believe as well.  As a married woman myself, I know that live in is the same as marriage except for that one very big thing - the leap of faith that you are bound together and you will stick it out instead of finding a way out.  But that idea is a different thing altogether than what she tried (or the CV's failed) to get across.
Originally posted by momma1128

^^^
The point you make here about live in is one I believe as well.  As a married woman myself, I know that live in is the same as marriage except for that one very big thing - the leap of faith that you are bound together and you will stick it out instead of finding a way out.  But that idea is a different thing altogether than what she tried (or the CV's failed) to get across.
Hi Anu... The language may be different...and it was associated with insecurities of a woman in an Indian context... but I think the fundamental idea is the same...what is the difference? Insecurities are insecurities... even if they take different forms...

Edited by MsUniverse - 12 years ago
Originally posted by MsUniverse

Hi Anu... The language may be different...and it was associated with insecurities of a woman in an Indian context... but I think the fundamental idea is the same...what is the difference? Insecurities are insecurities... even if they take different forms...

I don't think the idea is the same, unless you are boiling everything down to marriage trumps live in.  But again, marriage doesn't trump live in because you get to keep a man when you are gray. One insecurity is an insecurity about yourself growing old and not being worthy to keep and the other is an insecurity resulting from commitment even now.  Some insecurities are meatier than others. 😉  I think where Khushi's words fail me is that she said live in is not a problem now, it is a problem later when your looks go bad.  Live in is a problem because of the commitment phobia it feeds, not wrinkles.