Trivini thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
There's something that concerns me about Runjhun. Why isn't she concerned about going to her parents-in-law's house? Isn't that the custom?

As far as I can tell Guddu seems to be an only child. When they showed his mother in the hospital we didn't see or hear anything about any other chidlren so I think that means he is the only support his parents have. Given Guddu's love for his mother and her love for him I think Runjhun should be trying to help Guddu reconcile with his father, especially for his mother's sake.

Runjhun thinks a lot about her own family, she even got upset with Guddu at one point for not wanting to live at Pandey Niwas. She thinks about her role as niece and grand-daughter but maybe it's time she thought about her role as a daughter-in-law.

Also if Runjhun went to her sasural it wouldn't be so easy for her uncles and aunts to try and manipulate her so she really should go to her parents-in-law's house.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

azuria thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Inknow that i am very irritating person to point out the time line.
First Guddu married her with deception..
2 he was not keen on keeping the marriage. She got him to stay at PN for 30 days and then they moved to their own place with Runjhun doubting Guddu. Thats about three weeks and a litte more. During this time Runjhun is occupied with dealing with Guddu in one way or other. In the past month she has undergone doubt, upay to save her husband. fire in the house and reminders from her mama mami that she is harming them by living away from them.Its two days since the fire and the auction is there. I dont think that she or Guddu have had the peace and time to really plan or think about Guddus parents let alone reconciling and going to them.

And as per the story development now Guddu has to work day and night to payoff all the money he has borrowed. No I dont think that reconciling is in the near offing.
simran_singh_24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@ T- nice post.Guddu's missing parents are on my mind too.
@Az -agree with you for your reasons but I find it very strange & uncharacteristic of    both Guddu& RJ for not to have given any thought at all for his sick Mom.Rj is very caring & Guddu loved his Mom enough to marry his then enemy for money, so atleast a phone call or some mention of his parents is expected IMO.G did lot of things he promised his Mom(turning his life around,becoming good etc I guess) ,when he visited her in the hospital & now that he has achieved all that, he should be shown making some efforts to atleast reach out to his Mom.
The couple being so oblivious of a sick woman dying/getting better (don't know) for so long seems very odd to me. Don't people share with their parents if they buy a car/ are planning to buy a house? Especially,knowing such news would make someone happy & help in recovery?

Edited by simran_singh_24 - 12 years ago
edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Trivini- I have mixed feelings about what u said in this topic post.

Although I do think it's quite strange that us viewers have not even seen Gunjhun being in contact through any means regarding his parents for quite a while, I really don't care much about her living in her parents-in-law's house.  Seeing either Gunjhun living in PN or seeing Gunjhun live in their own house (live-in son-in-law & the a couple living in their own house) these two situations are rare to see on a Zee serial.  In real life, the live-in-son-in-law is the less common situation but it's not like this situation never takes place in real life & this concept is a fresh one when lookin' at both real life & Indian tv.  In "Pavitra Rishta", Manav & Archana were living in their own house for some time but then they went back to living in his parents' house.  Now if in "Bhagonwali", Gunjhun ends up moving into Guddu's parents' house, well BBAT will be like most Zee serials in terms of where the couple live post marriage.  

I agree that if Runjhun lived w/her in-laws, it most probably would be harder for her M & M's to manipulate her & this is typical to see on a Zee serial- the girl living in her parents-in-law's house  but there may be a good reason as to why the CV's want Gunjhun to go back to PN (I'm assuming they're gonna start livin' there real soon).  I have a feeling the M & M's will eventually change when it comes to both Guddu & Runjhun.  I'm assuming not all 6 of them will change at the same time though.  In a way, there's more of a chance the M & M's will change if Gunjhun starts livin' in PN.     

Hopefully Guddu's parents will come back into the picture.  It won't look good if they never show up.  The bad relationship that Guddu has with his dad is still unresolved & it would be nice to see this get mended at some point on the show.  Guddu's parents are used to him being away from them & not hearing from him- this might be part of the reason as to why we aren't seeing them much & hearing from them much as well but it makes sense to see & hear from them more post them finding out about Guddu marrying Runjhun.  Runjhun might end up getting pregnant soon so it would make sense to show Guddu's parents regarding their future grandchild.                        
Edited by edabella - 12 years ago
OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I believe this track will be shown in time. Right now i guess the cv's are occupied with other ideas but certainly they will head down this track one day.
nishersal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think I'm more concerned about Runjhun's feeling that apparently she alone can fix other people's problems. She used to neglect herself, now it seems that Guddu is also to be sacrificed on this particular alter.

Runjhun needs to understand that no matter what she does she will never get the love that she craves from her aunts and uncles.
bhavni88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nishersal

I think I'm more concerned about Runjhun's feeling that apparently she alone can fix other people's problems. She used to neglect herself, now it seems that Guddu is also to be sacrificed on this particular alter.

Runjhun needs to understand that no matter what she does she will never get the love that she craves from her aunts and uncles.

so true..and I am getting tired of runjhuns character being trashed..yet again..

what happened to her lecture to m&m's after the fire episode??..

why has that been brushed under the carpet??..😡
nishersal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bhavni88

so true..and I am getting tired of runjhuns character being trashed..yet again..

what happened to her lecture to m&m's after the fire episode??..

why has that been brushed under the carpet??..😡

seems like the cv's "painted" over it with the repairs
azuria thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Edabella I agree with you about the serial being different from the normal serials.
CVs are very consistent in the characters. I do not think that Runjhun can change overnight from good to bad just like the mama mamis who caanot change from bad to good.

This serial dosenot follow the normal rute of happenings. Its a rulebreaker in many ways. I hope that it keeps on doing it.

I remember that in nPavitrarishta there was aheadline if Archnas mother should live with her? But our daabang Guddu shukla made it so without any debate he took in her wifes amma in his home, not only that he saved her home which her own sons had mortgaed.

I am not worried about Runjhun since I know that if Guddu relents and her mama mami get to live with them they themselves will cure Runjhun from being so nice to them all the time. I dont think amma and Guddu have the capacity to make her understand but Mitho dose. Remmeber she tought Runjhun to follow with her husband. To trust him more then others and I have high hopes on her that she will teach another lesson to Runjhun that she will start listning and doing as her husband says. But Runjhuns goodness is also her strength.

Trivini thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses to my post. I really enjoying hearing everyone's opinions.

Edabella: I understand your point about the CV's maybe wanting a track that's different from the usual track of a daughter-in-law living at her husband's parents house. I think there's merit in a couple standing on their own. In Runjhun's case however, I think she missed having her parent's love and she keeps looking for that from her uncles and aunts but sadly she may never find it in them. I do think that she has a much better chance of finding that love in her parent's-in-law. Guddu's father and mother both liked her immediately so I think they will love and accept her as a daughter.

Azuria: I agree that Gunjun have gone through a lot and it will take time for them to focus on reconcilation with jG's parents but I also think it should be a bigger priority than constantly worrying about people who care only for themselves. I also think that since Runjhun feels that close to her family she should want Guddu a similar experience for her husband.

Simran: I like what you posted about G's parents disappearing once his mother was transferred to another hospital. It's strange that there was never any mention of them since that. Are we to assume G never thinks about his mother who he sacrificed so much to try and save? That doesn't fit with his characther.

Nishersal: About Runjhun thinking she has to fix everyone's problem, I think particularly in the case of her relatives she feels she owes them her life because they supposedly looked after her after her parents died. I think they did a good job of brainwashing her into believing that serving them was and is due compensation for theier favour. My fear is that this feeling of indebtedness to them is what will drive a wedge between her and Guddu. I just home Amma can make her understand where her loyalty should be.

Again thanks for all the responses and continue enjoying the show.