Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Hellos lovely peopleπŸ˜ƒ. It's Reya back from the deadπŸ˜†...lolz..not dead but finally back with a update. Thanks a ton for your support and understandingπŸ€—

Since I updated after forever, here is a the link for the previous chapter: 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1786869?pn=52

Recap: Pari and Yash finally manage to confess their love for each other. Maan has another dream in which Geet ends up killing herself. Frightened, Maan goes to the hospital to see her. He then realizes the love he has for her and unknowingly confesses to her. Geet hears him and asks him to leave. Geet talks to herself after telling herself that she can't have feelings for Maan as she is still a married woman

Chapter 5

Maan drove aimlessly drove to the quiet streets of Delhi as the world was sleeping while his own life was falling apart faster than he could put it back together. Before he knew it, he was back to the place he had found the woman he was hopelessly in love with. Sighing to himself, he sat himself at the edge of the cliff letting his legs dangle in the air. He was a fool; he knew that. First, he couldn't figure out that he was in love with his Payal and when he did; he messed it up by her finding out so early. He loved her; he loved her very much and he knew she was a part of his life now but he also knew that he had frightened her with his confession. She was a woman who had a hard life before he had found her but he wanted her to see that life could be beautiful. Life could be beautiful if they were together. With the last thought in his mind, he decided to go to get some sleep even though he knew he wouldn't.

Pari came out of her apartment building the next day in a very 'happy sappy' mood whistling to herself while she fished her car keys out of her handbag.

"Hey pretty girl, want a lift?"

Grinning, she turned around to see her boyfriend of one night standing wearing a toothy grin she so loved on him. Without saying a word, she closed the distance to find the warmth of his embrace. She was happy; happy with the man she loved. She never thought she could have this kind of happiness. She had spent her own childhood watching her mother grief in pain for a man that left her before Pari was even born. Her mother had worked hard to raise her daughter with the best she could but the depression never left her. She had lost her mental ability as she started living in the past. Left with no choice, Pari had her admitted into a mental care facility; she knew she wasn't being a good daughter by not being by her side but she also knew that she had work full-time to pay for the care. Pari knew not all men were like the man who had left her mother; she had to seeing that she had a friend like Maan but what she didn't know was that she would fall in love with someone.

"What's wrong? You seem to lost in your world.", Yash said as he reached for her while keeping a firm hand on the steering wheel.

"I am lost in my world. I am lost in you; you are my whole world now.", she said quietly but her eyes spoke volumes of the love she had for him.

Yash smiled as he brought her hand to his lips planting a tender kiss on it, "and you are my own whole world. But I want you to unlock the door on the secrets you have."

"But--"

"Not now, whenever you are ready to let me in.", he said as he pulled the car into a parking spot.

Life was beautiful; her life was beautiful with him, so beautiful that she didn't want him to see how broken her family really was.

After a restless night, Maan made his way back into the hospital itching to take the elevator straight to the second floor and run to her room but he knew that she wouldn't want to see him for a while after the bomb he had dropped. Just as he had donned his doctor's coat and placed his stethoscope in the pocket, the door to the residents' lounge opened and Maan was surprised to see Pari and Yash walk in with their hands entwined.

He coughed loudly to get their direction as they were too busy staring into each other's eyes, "Well good morning you two.", Maan said with a grin on his face. He was genuinely happy for them and it looked they had finally managed to confess their feelings. At least his best friend was with the person she loved.

"Good Morning Maanu.", Pari said with excitement as she left Yash's hand to hug Maan tightly and swayed him right to left before finally letting go.

Maan laughed as he saw the joy on her face. She was happy and he was happy for her.

"Congrats Dr.Shergill, looks like you finally gathered the courage to tell my best friend you love her.", Maan said as he held out his hand but Pari slapped Maan's hand away before Yash could say anything.

"Pssshhh, like hell he did. I told this jack first,", Pari said as she playfully slapped Yash on his arm and the poor guy winced at the new torture he had to get use to. Maan couldn't help out laugh at them as they bickered with each other.

Just as all three of them were about to step out of the residents' lounge, Pari asked, "Oh Maan, how was Geet last night?"

A dark cloud came over Maan's eyes just as Pari mentioned Geet name and Pari was quick to notice the change. Pari looked over at Yash and he nodded in understanding walking away but not before he gave her hand a gentle squeeze and silently mouthing 'I love you' to her. Pari smiled at him as he walked backwards looking at her until he bumped into a nurse. Pari couldn't believe she had wasted two years waiting for him to confess his feelings and they had missed out two years of togetherness but what mattered was that they were now together.  

Pari turned her attention back to Maan who had silently walked back in and was sitting on the bench staring at his hands. Pari didn't waste a second and joined him as she took his hands in hers.

"Maan, what's wrong?"

Maan said nothing for a few minutes and Pari sat next to him silently as she waited patiently. He would say it when he was ready.

"Pari", he said her name softly and Pari squeezed his name in response urging him to go on. "I told her I loved her, I confessed my love to her and she told me to leave.", he whispered and his eyes unknowingly filled with tears.

"Oh, I am so sorry Maanu.", she said and Maan dropped his head to her shoulder as she kept her arms around him.

"I don't know how it happened. I suddenly realized that I am in love with her and then I said to her when I thought she was sleeping but she heard everything. I can't explain how it felt when she told me to leave. It was as if she was asking me to walk out of her life."

"You know she has had a troubled past."

Maan nodded, "I know and I want to help her but she keeps blocking me out. But I love her and I am not giving up on her and our potential future. I will be by her side whether she wants me to be or not.", Maan said with determination.

Maan passed by her room countless times the next day as he fought the urge to go in just to get a glance at her. He had been told by Pari that she was really low today barely eating anything and hardly listened as Pari tried to make one-conversations with her. Maan mentally kicked himself because he knew it was his fault that Geet was back to how she was in the beginning and the months of progress was lost in just one night; and that too because of him. He didn't dare enter her room in case he made her condition even worse.

Days went by since the night but Maan hadn't seen even a glimpse of her afraid of what may happen if she saw him again. He looked through the glass hiding himself as she sat there while Pari did her usual check-up even when she was ready to be discharged physically but mentally, she still had healing to do. Pari stepped out to the room closing the door halfway.

She sighed, "She doesn't look good Maan. The nurses are saying that she hasn't been taking her meals and she has stopped communicating all together.", Pari said as she leaned against the wall.

"Damn it.", he said a little louder than necessary as he ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

"Maan", a voice called out very softly.

Maan and Pari looked at each other for a second shocked at the low voice they heard. Maan pointed at the door as even asking if the voice was Geet's and Pari eagerly nodded with a grin. Maan pushed the door open as he stood in the doorway.

"Maan, you didn't come see me.", she said quietly as she looked at him with tear filled eyes.

"I-I--", he said tapering off unable to come with an explanation.

Just then Pari pager went off, "It's the nurse station. I will be back in a bit.", she said giving Maan's hand a quick squeeze.

Maan slowly walked towards her bed as she watched him intently.

"Geet, I am--"

"Why didn't you come see me Maan?", she asked again.

Before Maan could say anything, there was yelling heard from down the hall.

"I know her. She is my family ! I demand to see her !", a man yelled and Geet immediately clutched my hand tightly as she tried hiding herself behind his back.

"Geet?", he tried to turn around to look at her but her grip was firm.

"Please don't let him take me away.", she whispered as her eyes filled with raw fear. "Please don't let him take me away.", she whispered again and again as she hid herself behind him

"Talk me to Geet. Who is he ?", he asked but she kept holding on to him with all her strength. "Geet, listen to me. I won't let anything happen to you. You hear me. I won't let anyone hurt you.", he promised as he held her hand and turning around to face her. "Look into my eyes Payal. Look into them.", he said quietly until she raised her chin to look at him. "I am telling you the truth. I will always protect you.", he said as he cradled her face and wiped away her tears of fear.

"Sir, you need to calm down or I will call security on you.", Pari's voice could be heard down the hall.

"I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! WHERE IS HELL IS GEET HANDA?", the man yelled before loud and angry footsteps could be heard down the hall as Pari called out him.

Suddenly, a man barged in and Geet immediately released her hold me sitting on the bed drawing the blanket up to her neck and the fear was back in her eyes.

"Excuse me, who are you?", Maan asked politely as the man glared at him.

"Who the hell are you?", the man shooting Maan a angry look before he turned his eyes towards Geet who cringed as he looked at her.

"I am her doctor, Dr.Khurana.", he said calmly keeping a firm rein on his anger but his blood was boiling as the man continued to glare at Geet. "And you would be."

"I am Brij Handa.", he said with a huff refusing to shake Maan's hand. "And this is my cousin sister and I am here to take her home.", he said like he was ordering them around.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you Mr.Handa. Maybe you could shed some light on how your cousin sister was found in the jungle with almost dead. ", Maan looked at him intently as he saw just a hint of fear enter Brij's eyes. He looked over to Geet who was holding onto Pari's hand as she did her best to hide her face from Brij's dirty and unkind eyes.

"We don't know, this disrespectful girl ran away from home." ,he said glaring at Geet with every word he spoke.

"I see.", Maan said quietly.

"But, I finally managed to find my baby sister.", Brij said with love that was as fake as the smile he wore. Brij went towards her and Geet took a sharp intake of breath before she tried to move away but Maan effectively stepped in pulling his stethoscope out.

"I would like to examine her before I can sign off her discharge papers.", Maan said as he placed the chest piece over Geet's heart and sensed her fear even more as he heard her rapid heartbeats and saw her pleading eyes. "If you could all just step out.", Maan said politely needing to speak to Geet privately before he could another step.

"You can examine her in front on me, I am sure Geet won't mind. Right Geet?", he looked at Geet to answer but she remained silent as she looked at Maan.

"But I would mind Mr.Handa. I would like to examine my patient in private so kindly step out if you wish for me to discharge her."

Brij stood there for a few moments but Maan looked at him patiently until he finally walked out and Pari followed suit closing the door completely on her way out.

Maan stood in front of Geet effectively blocking Geet's face because he knew Brij would be watching. Maan pretended to examine her and he took his wrist in his hand. "Payal, you don't have to say anything but you don't want to leave with this man?", he asked and Geet shook her head slightly looking down.

"Okay then, I promise you I won't let him take you anywhere.", he whispered giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

"I am sorry Mr.Handa but Geet isn't ready to be discharged.", Maan said as he let him back into the room.

"And why the hell not ?", Brij asked angrily.

"Do you have a medical degree?", Maan asked and Brij shook his head. "Then you won't know half the things I say to you. But if you must know, then Geet's body is not strong yet. And now I am going to have to ask you to leave because visiting hours are long over."

"Fine, I will be back tomorrow morning.", Brij said staring at Geet before he walked off.

"I am going to make sure he leaves.", Pari said before she walked out.

Maan watched as Geet curled into a ball hiding herself in the blanket as her body shook with her sobs. Maan closed the blinds before he sat next to her.

"Payal.", he called out to her gently removing the blanket from her face and saw the streaks of wet stream that went down her cheeks. "Talk to me Geet, talk to me as a friend. I want to help you. Who is this man and what has he done ?"

Geet reached out to grip his hands, "Please take me away from all this. Take me away.", she pleaded gripping his hands tighter with every word.

"But Geet---"

"Please Maan, I beg you. Don't let him take me."

He reached out to wipe her tears, "I told you, I won't let anyone hurt you."

"But he will be back tomorrow morning."

"You trust me?", he asked and she nodded. "Then, I will take care of everything."

"You ready Payal?", he asked looking over at her and she nodded with a small smile. Smiling, Maan walked over and opened the car door holding out a hand for her to support her. She placed her hand in his as she slowly stepped out of the car and was about to lose her balance before Maan steadied her by the waist holding her close.

"Thank you.", she whispered softly as she tried to step away to create distance between them but Maan kept a firm grip on her, supporting her as they walked towards the door.

He rang the doorbell and a elderly man of eighty opened the door, "Namasate Maan Baba", Nakul Kaka greeted.

"Namasate Kaka, this is Geet. She will be staying her for a new days so could you get a guest room ready for her?"

Geet politely folded her hands in greeting before Nakul Kaka walked away with a small bag I handed to him.

"Welcome to Khurana Mansion.", I said as I helped her sit on the sofa placing a fluffy pillow to support her.

Geet looked around wide-eyed at the massive mansion and it's antique dcor. "It's really beautiful.", she said.

"You can explore it when you get better." She said nothing in return as she turned her attention to her hands staring at them. "Geet", Maan started to say before Nakul Kaka came back informing them the room was ready.

Maan helped Geet to one of the guest rooms on the ground floor so she wouldn't have to climb the stairs. Opening the bag they had brought along, he pulled out a pink cotton night suit Pari had given.

"Here you go, get freshened.", he said handing her the clothes. 'Tomorrow, I will get clothes for you.", he said before he started to walk out stopping at the door. "You will be okay by yourself Geet?", he asked with worry and she nodded before Maan shut the door behind him.

Geet was settled into bed with blanket tucked neatly around her as Maan sat in a chair next to her. "Go to sleep now Geet.", he said softly fighting the temptation to stroke her silky hair.

"What if he comes here?", she asked fearfully.

"He won't come here. He will never find out that I brought you to my house. And he doesn't know the power of the Khurana name I carry."

"What do you mean?", she asked timidly.

"Nothing, you need to stop worrying and go to sleep. Remember, I am here for you.", he said placing a gentle hand over her hand. She smiled against the touch before her eyes drifted close. His lips curved into an easy smile seeing a rare smile of hers. Moments later, he could tell that she had fallen into a fitful sleep with a small smile still playing on her lips. Sighing, he leaned back against the softness of the chair. He knew he had taken a major step in discharging her and then bringing her home. But hadn't he promised to protect her? He was a man of principles and he would keep his word no matter what. He knew he was in love with her despite the fact that she was like a blank page in front of him. He would solve the mystery of her life slowly but one thing he was sure of was that he would always be by her side like a shadow protecting her. Giving one glance to the woman who had changed his life since the night he had found her, Maan stood up to leave but and started to walk away, but realized that Geet was still holding his hand tightly. Yes, he would be by her side always. Smiling, he settled back into the chair and closed his eyes with his hand in hers.

Interesting turn of events ? Thank Aashu who got me thinking about getting Geet out of the hospital.

And now, we all know it's that special time of the year again. It's December, and it's time for exams😭..curse them😑. So I shall be back after the 22nd.

Love,

Reya<3

next ch: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1786869?pn=81

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 12 years ago
keenu_kk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
superb dear
ossum
the way he said he protect her
is great
waiting to see the past of geet
hope she opens soon
pls update often dear
bangalores thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
hey i got the the first PM of the SS ...so i will read back and commentπŸ˜ƒ
nahtani88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
amazing update
cont soon
thanks 4 the pm
zaara2212 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Reya finally an update πŸ˜Š

thank you 😊
Aanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Welcome back Reyaaa <3

Fabulous update! Finally she seems to be warming up to Maan :)

Sorry for the lack of comments, busy prepping for a major exam!

xoxo
Aanya
honeygrape thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awsome update...next part only after 22😭  anyways good luck for your exams...
jnawaz thumbnail
dekh...im here to read your update...though i have many others pending...including sonias...but shh...dont tell her πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...i've got my morning coffee...french vanilla...and now im ready to get an easy start to this morning and hopefully what will be an easy flowing day...i plan on leaving early...he he...πŸ˜‰...ok...now on to my comment...

"life could be beautiful if they were together"...aww!! kitna sona line hai! 😳😳😳...but so true...life is all the more beautiful and meaningful if you have the right person by your side (not that id know πŸ˜†) and also the people that surround you...πŸ˜›...poor Pari..girls been through a lot...i love that Yash is letting her have her space and time so that she can tell him her dark secrets in good time...he will put together her broken family life...i know he will 😳...you know...as i read Mannu here..i keep picturing Manvi 😲...lol...but thats another show and ill leave that alone...but that sada hua bua ji...she's working my LAST nerve!! 🀬...kya timing hai Pari ki pager ki!! πŸ‘πŸ‘ very good...of course...if i was Pari...i'd be mad cuz im just nozy like that!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...tauba! just as Maneet were getting somewhere in terms of talking yeh gussa wala kaun aagaya? all "shes my family"...i dont care...Maan had better not let her go!! πŸ˜›...OYE!!! Brij?! 😲 you know..i miss him on the show...he brought up so very intense and good Maneet moments! 😳😳...im just saying πŸ˜‰...lol...but tauba...let the doc examine her in front of him...besharam admi 😑😑...haila...Munda brought Kudi to the house...aww!!! 😳😳😳 not that im surprised...πŸ˜‰...

best of luck on the exams luv!! i know you can do it Stalkerji!! *muah*...πŸ€—
JAZ
meravigiliso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful update  reya . i felt  very happy when geet asked him for not visiting her . that was d  cutest part . Hope geet will unfold her past and maan will help her out with her fear . great going. All the best for ur exams Edited by acjanfeb1 - 12 years ago
-memorable- thumbnail
love the twist πŸ‘πŸΌ