Fan Fictions

MG SS: Silent Suffering (LAST CH, pg.136) sept 28 - Page 88

maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Hey all, here with another short one. I think it's better than I try to give more frequent short updates than try to write long ones. This update was like that school essay you just can't seem to write..lol. I struggled thru it and this is the result.

So let me what you thought.😳 I am sure if this can be called a short story anymore, we are onto ch.13 already ðŸ˜•

Chapter 13

"Vikram called. Your precious Geet tricked him and ran away from home!"

Geet gasped, not sure why she was surprised at her husband's actions at all. Of course, he would do something of this sort. Vikram made it look like she was at fault. She was sure he hadn't mentioned a thing about the abuse he inflicted on her in the eight years she spent with him. She turned to see shocked, questioning gazes of her family on her.

"I...I can explain."

"Really Geet, let's hear it then." Brij crossed his arms on his chest and glared at her as he came to stand next to her.

Geet reflexively took a step backwards, in the direction of her mother. It was instinct that had told her that Brij was about to strike her. Her mother immediately shielded her in her arms.

"Brij !", Darjee held up a hand to stop him. "Give her some room to breathe.", came the stern voice of Dadaji and Geet cowered under Brij's glare before he did finally step back.

Geet was given a few minutes to freshen up but under the watchful eyes of the women, who had been instructed to supervise' her. Geet found like she was the criminal and had been the case, she would have never came home in hopes of support from her family.

Her Ma hovered close to Geet, her eyes filled with questions and worry. But of course she wasn't allowed to speak to ask questions.

Everyone was gathered in the sitting area again, with the exception of the younger kids that had been put to bed. A warm cup of tea was placed in Geet's hands but she didn't have the strength to lift the ceramic cup to her lips.

The elder man: Darjee, Mohoinder Uncle and Brij Veeriji sat on a sofa directly in front of her, waiting to her to start speaking, to explain herself but she couldn't seem to gather the courage to open her mouth. Their stern stance with their arms crossed.

"Geet, are you sit here like a mute ?", Mohinder Uncle barked out.

Geet flinched, reaching out for her mother's hand that was seated next to her. Her mother gave her hand a gentle squeeze, urging her to speak.

"I..I..I can't stay with Vikram anymore. My husband abuses me, has been abusing me for the last eight years."

A collective gasp came from the women, even Mohinder Uncle and Darjee looked surprised.

Darjee stood up, using his cane. "Geet ! Is this the way to speak of your husband ? Is this what we taught ?" Geet gulped in fear her grandfather's loud, anger filled voice, afraid his cane would strike her any second, as it had in the past.

"Darjee, please believe me. I did everything possible to make my marriage work, truly I did. But...An sob escaped her, "But please I beg you, save me from him." She folded her hands in plea in front of her grandfather, the tears now streaming down her face freely.

Brij stood up, "Darjee, see how your precious granddaughter is lying about Vikram ? Vikram called me. Geet left home without telling him while he was on a business trip?"

"You are a woman, Geet. You are supposed to know the difference between right and wrong. We gave you the right upbringing but do you even know the meaning of marriage? You are responsible for making a marriage work, no matter what.

Unable to hold her anger in any longer, she burst. She smacked her cup on the coffee table with a bang and stood up, "But I am sure he didn't tell you that he beat me whenever he felt like it, or kept locked in the house like a prisoner ! Determined, she stood her stand.

Her mother tugged on her hand, pulling her down to the sofa. Rano tried to silence but placing a finger on her lips

"A woman's place is next to her husband, puntar. No what happens", her Dolly bhabi spoke softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Even if he kill her ?" she questioned, looking at her family members.

"Yes, even if he kill her !", Brij yelled, slapping her with backhand, and she fell to the ground with the force.

The backhand slap was nothing compared to what Vikram did to Geet. Geet brushed out the hair from her eyes and stood up again with a deep breath. Her family silently watched not once reaching out to help her. She had learnt the hard way that every time she fell, she would have to get up herself without a hand to hold.

"Hit me all you want, kill me ! But I am not going back ! Not now, not ever !.", she kept her voice strong and looked Brij dead in the eyes.

With that said, she began to walk away but Brij pulled her back with a harsh pull on her hair. She cried out in pain.

"Oyee ! How dare you speak out like that ?"

He then threw her towards the ground. "Vikram is coming and YOU WILL GO BACK WITH HIM !"

"I won't go back. I haven't made a mistake and I won't punish myself like that !", she spoke still half sprawled on the ground.

Brij crouched down and she threw her hands covering her face in defence, "I will silt your throat myself then." He pulled her up with a handful of her hair. She winced against the pain and fought to break his vice-like grip.

Brij dragged her up the wooden stairs, pulling her violently as she fought to free herself. "Brij Veerji, leave me !"

Her mother, aunt and sister-in-law look distressed, and Geet knew that they wanted to stop Brij, but she also knew that they would never do such a thing: they would never speak out in front of men of this house.

Darjee and Mohinder followed closely behind silently, as if they agreed with Brij's decision, which they probably did. After all, she was trying to dishonor the family.

He stopped at the storeroom, throwing the door open loudly; shoving Geet in with a hard push making her land on the ground with a thud.

"You will stay here until Vikram arrives. Without anything to eat or drink." The family hovered close to the door. Her mother's eyes filled with tears and Geet saw her own agony reflected in Rano's eyes.

With that he shut the door just as she rose to stop him. She hit her fists on the door, pleading for him to open the door.

"Brij Veerji, Open the door please."

She heard the loud bolt of the metal as it closed both the wooden doors together and the jingle of the keys as he secured the door with a lock.

"Ma, Ma..open the door." The fight died out in her hands from hitting it so hard continuously, and she let her body fall against the door, unable to bear her own weight as she slid to the ground, de. Her loud sobs, shaking through her body were only for her to hear.

She had come to her loved ones because she thought they would support her, stand by her stand. But truth of the matter, she had never felt so alone in her life, not even when her Papaji had died years ago. 

Surrounded by dusty boxes and broken furniture, she curled up into a fetal position on the cold ground, her sobs slowly dying off in silent weeping. 

She slowly drifted awake as bright sunlight hit her eyes. She squinted her eyes against the bright sunrays as the sleep slowly died away. Her body ached all over as she tried to sit up. Looking around the old storeroom, last night came back with a hard slap.

She now wished she hadn't woken up, that she had died in her sleep.

She spent the day in the storeroom, watching the day go by through the window of the storeroom. The blue cloudless sky, the blazing sun and hot wind blew before the  day cooled.No one came to see her; she heard the hushed whispers of the women as they hovered close to the locked door but didn't dare to open it even once.

She woke up with a startle, as the door was open violently. She looked disoriented in the darkness as the figure came towards her. She recognized Brij before even he wrapped his hand around her throat.

She tried to pry his fingers away, crying out as he applied more pressure.

"Have you learnt a lesson yet ?"

She chose her silence and thankfully he let her go. Brij flicked a light bulb on and crouched down to her level. "Your husband is coming tomorrow morning. Be ready." With those words spoken, he strode out and bolted the door shut.

She didn't fight him, because he was stronger than her physically. But she would find a way out. Come what may, she knew she wasn't going back to that life, ever again!

Over to you all. Let me know what you thought of it. Midterms are coming up already. So I am thinking another update in 2-3weeks or so.😳

Love,love,love,

Reya <3

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preethia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
loved the update
the women cant help her even if they want to and geet is not strong enough to face the men
how did she escape again from their clutches
janu_2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
gr8 part..
cont.soon

thanks for pm dear,,
dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
poor geet her family is just as disgusting as vickram they women have no say and the men treat them like they are dirt under their feet so sad for geet heartbreaking update thanks for the pm
honeygrape thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
horrible condition...feeling bad for geet...hope maan does somethng to this brij😡 show somthng like that at the end pls...ugly dirty man..😡
thanx for the update...eager to kno how she s going to escape now
Tyro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
her own family treats her like this...

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
hi thanks 4 da pm n lovely update! Poor Geet! superbly written! The women cld nt help her! Hw did she escape>? update soon
punam2712 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
THE WOMEN IN THE HOUSE ARE MUTE SPECTATORS TO THE ATROCITIES BEING HEAPED ON GEET
HOPE SHE MANAGES TO ESCAPE SOMEHOW
Downhill thumbnail
simply amazing
loved it
heartbreakingly painful😭
Edited by yappingduck - 10 years ago
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
part 13
nice part...
OMG poor Geet...
i just fell like torturing this bas**** Brij...
give him s very brutal punishment dear...
cont soon...