beautiful ss
waiting for the update
dear
pm me too plz
maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Hello all...

I know this story hasn't been updated in ages...and some have given up on it (with good reason) . i have been busy..university and travelling and whatnot as some of you may have read in the That one mistake note..But to those who still want to read this story...i promise..yes, i do promise to finish this story...

Thank for all the support 

Love, love, love
reya <3
Edited by maankigeet4ever - 10 years ago
MSK_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thanx for the much needed promise!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜†
waiting!!!!!
-Mishu- thumbnail
thanks 4 the note dear!!!
will be waiting 4 ur return with this story :)
ajenn thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thank you so much... I know you'll keep you with your promise๐Ÿ˜ƒ Will wait...
kavya.sravya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wonderful story !! just came across today and enjoyed it very much !! saw your note too...will definitely wait for you...
maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hey all..Sorry sorry *holding ears* ๐Ÿ˜” I know, silent suffering has been neglected for so long but like I promised in my note, I will definitely bring an end to this story. I had planned Geet's past differently, wanted to do it all in flashback mode with details but because of my pathetic writing and updating speed, trying to keep it short and yet still give the story what it needs.

This one is for all those still holding on to this story..especially the following 11 people, thank you so much๐Ÿค—: 01leothelionsweetnsourx3kabslocksPoonamTkavya.sravyaARSALAkhanajennhoneygrapehopehot-Mishu-namita25

Anywho, really short and not up to the mark. I really think I forgotten how to write but I have missed writing daily. Anywhere, here it is๐Ÿ˜ณ

Chapter 11

Geet slowly came to consciousness as she woke up in the familiar hospital room she came to loathe. The room was flooded in darkness except for the small lamp lit, placed on the table next to her. She sat up slowly, curling her knees close to her chest.

She was alone; she was all alone once again in this world. She had told Maan the truth in the heat of the moment and now he was gone. The man she had come to love was gone. Silent tears streamed down her face but she had no strength to wipe them away.

"He is gone. Babaji, your child is all alone again.", she whispered into the silent night.

"Geet", she heard her name, startled she turned her eyes towards the settee that was in the right side of the room. The room was too dark to see the person but she would know that husky voice anywhere: Maan.

"Maan", she whispered his name, unable to believe that he was still here.

In a second, he was hovering over her wearing the worry on his face that had become a trademark. "Oh God, you scared the life out of me. Do you know how worried I have been? Don't you dare ever do that me again." With those words, he abruptly pulled her close to his chest and hugged her tightly.

Holding her in his arms finally made him realize that Geet was okay, his Payal was safe and sound again.

I am married to a man who abused me sexually, physically and emotionally for eight long years. And now the man, my own cousin, you are protecting me from wants to kill me for dishonoring the family, for trying to leave him!

When those haunting words rang out in his mind again, Maan hesitantly pulled away. She was not his Payal, and nor was she safe and sound.

Pulling a stool next to her bed, he wondered how he should start the conversation. He needed to know about her past, the people who had hurt her so he could get her justice. Geet deserved justice.

"Geet, you know we need to go to the police. We need to report both your husband..", he broke when he found it hard to control his anger. He clenched his fists tight breathing deeply in and out. He would kill the man with his bare hands, without thinking even for a second for hurting such a precious woman, but now was   not the time for anger. "We need to report your husband and cousin, their barbaric abuse needs to be punished."

Maan reached to comfort Geet when he saw an all too familiar fear in her hazel eyes, "I am scared Maan."

"You don't need to be scared, Geet. I am here for you. I promise, you will get justice."

"No Maan", she used the back of her hand to wipe the excess tears away and a new light came in her eyes, he had never seen it in her before: determination.  "This is my own battle, I need to fight alone, and win"

At that moment, he was so proud of the woman he loved. She was being strong, knowing she had wronged for so many years and she needed justice. "Of course this is your battle and I know you will win. I just want to stand beside you and be your support."

"Thank you", she whispered. "Thank you for saving me all this time."

She looked like she was going to cry again and he didn't think he could stand it. Her tears were his undoing, his weakness. He transferred himself next to her on the bed and placed an arm around her, "It's going to be okay."

Now that Maan thought about it, he realized it. Geet's revelation of the past hadn't changed their relationship. Yes, Maan still loved her very much but more than that, he was still going to her support system and the friend she needs. "It's going to get better. Maybe not now, but it will eventually get better, Payal." Geet snuggled in closer to Maan to take in the comfort he offered.

"Geet, we will contact the police but they will wantthe details. From the start to the end.", Maan hesitated with his words, unsure of how Geet would take it.

Surprisingly, Geet nodded, "I know. It's a step I have to take. One of the many steps towards my victory."

"I am so proud of you.", Maan leaned back against the bed rest pulling Geet along. The world may see that gesture wrongly, but Maan and Geet couldn't care less at the moment.

"Maan, before I tell the police. I need to tell you everything, you waited patiently for months and I never let you in."

Maan sighed, now he didn't think he wanted the details of Geet's past; he knew the pain she had been through but he couldn't ever deny her anything. "I understood Geet, I knew you would let me in whenever you were ready."

"It's not a very unusual story when you think about it. A village girl married off to a NRI man. I had lost my father when I was fourteen, so my mother, younger sister Rajji had been taken under the care of my Dadaji and Uncle Mohinder. Tied down that house with no freedom and no rights, I use to fight my Dadaji but in our village and family, such things were frowned upon. When I turned eighteen, Dadaji had decided that I would be married off soon as possible. My husband Vikram Chopra is my cousin brother's friend." Geet's voice filled with venom as soon she began to talk about her husband and cousin brother. Maan tightened his hold on her waist. Stay Strong Geet, stay strong, he pleaded silently.

"Vikram saw me and said yes. I wasn't asked; rather I was told I was getting married. I was married off to a man I didn't know but I tried to accept the marriage. We moved to Canada and at first everything seemed like a fairytale. He treated me like a princess, showered love on me, and helped me settled in. He never talked about his family, he always said, 'It's just us'. But Vikram soon shattered my dream, the first time I saw him drunk, the first time he had raised his hand on me slapping me. Of course, he apologized and promised never to let it happen again. But it happened again and again, especially on those drunken nights, and I never did anything to stop him. He held me like a prisoner in the house, never allowed me to go anyway without him. I had no one, I wasn't allowed to have friends. He let me call my Ma once in a while, but only in his presence. But even if I could talk to her privately, I would never be able break my Ma's heart. She had already suffered so much in life, I couldn't give her the grief of her daughter being unhappy."

Maan inhaled sharply and Geet pulled out of the past. She turned to face him and saw his eyes brimming with unshed tears. " He hurt you Geet., he hurt so much. I wish I could take away all your pain. I wish I could have saved you."

Watching Maan, who had became her pillar of strength over time break down made Geet realize that she needed to be stronger now, not only for herself but for Maan as well. "We can't change the past Maan. But now, you are here and I know you will always protect me." She reached out to wipe his tears away as he did the same with her. They came closer until their foreheads touched and Geet sighed in peace. They stayed like that in silence until Geet gained the strength to continue.

" I lived the same nightmare for eight years but amidst this nightmare, there was an angel who ultimately saved me from Vikram: Mrs.Wilson. She was an eighty-year old blind widow who was my neighbor. Our fences were connected in the backyard so we use to talk thru the wooden fence. "

AN(Semi detached house have connected fences, refer to link for picture if needed http://bbb-news.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/f3150_article-2383444-1B1D9C0D000005DC-663_634x403.jpg .)

"I would retell her about my happier times of life forgetting even if it was just for a while, the present horror of my life. I never once told Mrs.Wilson how Vikram treated me. But one day she showed up at my doorstep with her grandson, luckily Vikram was away on a business trip for two days. She handed me a ticket and wad of cash and told me that I could run away from here and her grandson would get me onto a plane to India. I have no idea how she found out about the abuse Vikram inflicted on me but that day, I finally had some hope. I had hugged her in sheer relief and gratitude. Her grandson, Jackson was part of the government so he had connections. He helped me all way, actually took me all the way to the plane. Only when the plane took of for India, I was able to breathe in peace. But after getting to Hoshiarpur, I realized I had made the biggest mistake in thinking my family would save me."

I know, I know. The update was not worth the long wait but I will try to make it up to my readers somehow. I have exams coming up so look out for an update in about 3 weeks. I will be back, hopefully with a longer and much better update.๐Ÿ˜ณ

So how was it ?

Love,love,love

Reya <3

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 10 years ago