MG SS: Silent Suffering (LAST CH, pg.136) sept 28 - Page 19

Posted: 12 years ago

Hey all...back with a installment after a week on the day I said. I feel proud that I was able to done for a week at least...lolz😆

Like always, Reya has some bak bak to do before the update..

I had said I would get a PM list but that didn't happen...so I will try to have that for that next update...i hope..

Next, I haven't been able to reply to all of the comments..and giving replies is important to me since u folks take the time to comment. But I end up using the free time to work on the update. So my apologies for the irregular replies.😳

oh ya...no proof-reading has been done..please kindly ignore stupid mistakes...😳

Ch.2

Life was truly beautiful because she was with me; we were now one. We were back at Delhi's Hilltop as she was dressed in a vibrant red chiffon saree with her tresses let out as the breeze teased them and a content smile on her lips. We were standing together barely inches apart. With a small smile, she laced her fingers with mine and came forward to close the distance as she embraced me by wrapping her arms around my waist tightly. With a happy sigh, I planted a tender kiss on her hair as I lost myself in our embrace of love.

"I love you Maan.", she whispered softly as she titled her chin up to look into my eyes.

Tears of happiness began to fill up my eyes as I heard the three precious words from her. But then, one moment she was in my arms, and the next she was pulled away with an unknown force.

"Stop, please don't leave !", I yelled after her as the distance kept increasing.

She tried to reach out to hold my hand but the distance was far too much, Tears began to stream down her cheeks, "Please save me Maan, please save me Maan.", she whispered as her image began to fade away.

"No, please come back. Don't leave me.", I whimpered as I sunk to the ground with my body trembling with sobs.

"Maan, Maan, Maan.", a voice called out.

I listened intently for a moment, but I knew that it wasn't her voice. Even though I never heard her speak a word from her lips, I knew this voice didn't belong to her. 

"Maan, please wake up", someone called out again nudging my arm.

I opened my eyes slowly squinting against the bright fluorescent lights.

Pari hovered over me nudging and calling out my name.

I saw Pari breathe a sigh of relief as I finally opened my eyes.

"Thank god you are awake.", she said helping me sit up on the loveseat I had fallen asleep on. I looked around disoriented to notice that I was still in Pari's office and had fallen asleep for a couple of hours. I woke up fully as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Are you okay Maan?", she asked sitting down next to me as she reached for my hand. I nodded. "You don't seem like it. It looked like you were having a dream. First you were smiling and content but the next minute you were yelling for someone to come back."

She really was a dream; it all came back to me like a rushing waterfall. The unknown girl I had found last night who seemed to have imprisoned me in a spell of it's own in a matter of a few hours.

"Is she awake yet?", I asked.

Pari didn't pretend like she didn't know what I was talking about. She shook her head negatively. She looked at me quietly for a few moments before she spoke.

"Maan, since last night I have been trying to understand you. I have been trying to understand a new Maan; who is not the same Maan I have known all my life."

I got off the sofa walking to the window as the sunrays poured in. "I don't understand what you are trying to say.", I said as the stared at the morning traffic.

She placed a hand on my shoulder causing me to turn around, "You know exactly what I am trying to say. You have never looked at a girl twice, forget twice; you didn't look at girls at all even when it was Dadi Ma's wish to see you married. What is about this girl that has you so drawn to her?"

I ran a flustered hand through my hair, "I don't know Pari. I don't know what this unknown girl has done to me. I don't understand why I am worried. I don't understand why I saved her. I don't know why she is evading my dreams. I just don't know Pari.", my voice rising with each word as a uneasiness fell over my heart.

Pari wrapped her arms around my waist tight just as she had in the dream. "It's okay Maan, we will figure it out together.", she whispered. "I promise."

This was my Pari; always ready to support me no matter what. She had been a friend when I needed to drive my loneliness away in childhood. She was the sister when I missed the essence of having siblings. She was the mother who scolded me when I neglected my health and managed to hide it from Dadi Ma. It comforted me considerably to know she was still ready to be the friend.

"Thank you.", I whispered. 

I drew back and she reached up to wipe the tears that had snuck to the corners of my eyes and I let her. I never felt the need to hide a thing (not even tears) from Pari Maltorta, I was like a open book she could read easily.

"Now, you need to go home Maan--"

"But--"

"No buts. And at least hear me out you fool. Go home and freshened up; honestly you are starting to reek. And then grab some breakfast for us and come back. I am sure she will be awake by then."

Just then I realized that Pari had been here for more than forty-eight hours.

"I am so sorry you had to stay back because of me. Why don't you go home now?"

"Because you duffer, I am still waking for my patient wake up. The nurses have been checking on her and I went by a couple of times. Everything seems normal and her wounds will heal with time."

"But what about the scars that will be left behind?"

Pari sighed, "Let's hope for the best."

"But the question is who is she ? Who did this to her? You know this is a police case."

Pari nodded as she sat down on the sofa, "I know but we can't take any action unless she is awake or there is a family member. We could give a ad in the newspaper."

"But what if the person who harmed her comes looking here claiming to be family and ends up harming her again.", I said with a frown.

"Then I say that we wait until she wakes up to decide what we need to go." I nodded. "Okay Maan. Enough of talking. Now you go.", she nudging me towards the door.

I took the elevator downstairs greeting the fellow doctors and nurses along the way. Half of them were surprised to see me in the hospital knowing the loss I had suffered and I was suppose to be taking it easy. Just as I stepped out to the ground floor, my eyes automatically darted towards the ER. I hadn't seen her in at least four hours and my heart ached to be greeted by her angelic image. I knew that if Pari found out that I hadn't gone home, she would kick my ass. But she didn't have to find out. I could quickly sneak in and take a few moments to look at her. Satisfied with my plan, I began to walk towards her room nodding at the nurses that greeted me.

Just as I slowly opened the door, I found the bed empty. A wave of panic hit me in the stomach. Where was she? Where did she go?

"Well, If it isn't the famous Dr.Dhak Dhak.", someone said from behind.

I turned around to face Dr.Yash Shergill; a ER consultant who also happened to be the man Pari lost her heart to ever since she started working here two years ago. It was a difference story that Pari still hadn't manage to say a word to Yash about it. Yash Shergill was the last guy one would expect to see in such as intense job when he was so jovial in reality with his sense of humor not to mention the toothy smile he always wore.

"And if it's the most idiotic doctor I know.", I said with a grin giving him a brotherly hug.

"I am sorry but my forte is the ER and bad jokes when yours is handling the hearts of swaying ladies.", he said with a chuckle. "Speaking of swaying ladies, what's the story with the mysterious girl?"

"There isn't a story." Hopefully, I added silently in my mind. "I found her in the jungle and brought her in. But where is she?"

"She was shifted to a private room on the second floor."

"What ? Why was she shifted?", I asked.

"They were Dr.Maltorta's orders and I was just following them because I value my life.", he said with a playful laugh. A spark came in his eyes as soon he said the Pari's name even though he had use the 'professional Dr.Maltorta' version. Still, I could read him. Seriously, these two need to hook up already and end each other's misery.

I chuckled at that. "Okay, thanks"

I began to walk away to take the elevator when Yash called out, "You are going to look for room 206 Dr.Khurana."

I walked back to him and spoke quietly, "Thank you but don't expose me to Pari. I am supposed to be at home right now."

"My lips are sealed.", he promised with a wink. I smiled; Yash Shergill was a pretty damn easy person to like. I had hardly ever seen him frown in the years we worked here.

Just as the elevator stopped on the second floor, I checked the coast for Pari in case she was making rounds. Seeing the empty hallway, I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked to room 206.

I poked my head in to see that she was still under the effect of the sedatives so it was safe for me to drop in for a glance. Walking into the dimmed room as the curtains were drawn to block out the sunlight, I went to stand next to her bed. She was still sleeping peacefully while I was trying to understand the unknown connection we had; well for now I was the only one who felt the connection.

But then I thought to myself, what if she already had someone in her life? She could be committed, engaged or even married. I tried to think if I had seen as symbols of a marriage on her; she wasn't wearing any sindoor or a mangstulura. In fact, the only piece of jewelry she was wearing was an anklet. Closing my eyes, I re-played our encounter and remembered the sounds of the anklet I heard when i picked her up in my arms. I couldn't help the temptation to lift the bottom of the covers to see if the anklet was still there but it wasn't. I made a mental note to ask Pari later if she had kept it.

Taking a seat on the stool next to her bed, I took in my fill of her beauty. She truly was beautiful; a simple beauty.

"Ummm, Hi. So you are sleeping right now and you probably won't be able to hear any of the crap I say, which might be a good thing. But I am Maan Singh Khurana but remind me to reintroduce myself when you wake up so I can set a good impression. But the funny thing is that I don't even know a thing about you, not even your name. The least you could was carry a purse with some ID or something.",", I said chucking to myself at my own words. 

Here I was, Maan Singh Khurana who people knew was a man of few words having a conversation with a sleeping patient.

"So you don't know me, but I was the one who found you in the jungle at Delhi's Hilltop. But the question is what were you doing there? And who did this to you ?", I asked questions she wouldn't be able to answer.

I couldn't understand the pain in my heart when I thought of the bruises Pari had told me about. But I could understand the fire in my veins as they died to know the name of the culprit. I would kill the person with my bare hands if I could.

"But I fail to understand the pull I have towards you. I don't know what happened to me when I found you last night but I know that I am not the same person anymore.", I whispered as I took the liberty to pick up her hand lacing our hands together just as she had done in my dream. "Look at that, our hands fit perfectly.", I said smiling at her even though she was still sound asleep. I ran my thumb over her fingers for a few moments before I detangled our hands to place her hand back on the bed.

"Okay then, I better get going. I am not even suppose to be here. You take care and hopefully you will be awake when we meet next."

I got up walking to the door and looked back to give her one final time to see her eyebrows knitted together as her forehead furrowed. It looks like she is waking up but she seemed to be in distress.

"Hello miss, can you hear me?", I called out hovering over her.

She started whimpering in her sleep as she tossed her head from one side to the other slowly at first then the aggression increased.  I wanted to break her nightmare so I reached out to touch her hand shaking it. Her whimpers turned into sobs until she finally screamed.

"Wake up Miss, you are just having a nightmare.", I called out as I held her arms lighting shaking her keeping her injuries in mind.

The next second she threw her arms around me sitting up to hold me close. She came with such force that I stuttered back a bit until I handled her weight. I was shocked at her sudden behaviour unsure of what to do as my hands hang to my sides. I knew I wanted to put them around her to comfort her but it wouldn't be right. She wasn't aware of what she was doing but I was. I listened to her with a heavy heart as she continued to sob.

"Please wake up.", I said I held her back placing her head back on the pillow. "It's just a nightmare, just break out from it.", I called out to her as I nudged her uninjured shoulder.

Slowly, she began to flutter her eyes open and close trying to understand where she was.

"Relax, breathe in and out. It's was just a nightmare.", I whispered as I reached out to wipe the tears that began to roll down her cheeks. My heart winced in pain as she cringed away from my touch even though she had just hugged me unknowingly. She sat up going back until her back was against metal bed rest.

"I am Dr.Khurana.", I said with a smile. I waited for her to speak for a few moments but when she didn't, I continued, "But I am not your doctor, let me get a nurse to page Dr.Maltorta."

I passed the intercom button and waited till the voice of a nurse came on, "Nurse station."

"Nurse, this is Dr.Khurana. Could you page Dr.Maltorta and let her know her room 206 patient is awake."

"Of course Dr.Khurana."

"Thank you Nurse."

I turned back to look at her as she was still huddled at the edge of the bed disregarding her injuries.

"Please Miss, you need to lay down. Your injuries are still in the process of healing.", I said walking up to her but she inched herself back in fear as her eyes filled with tears.

"Look, I will leave if I am making you uncomfortable but you need to rest.", I said turning towards the door.

Just then Pari walked in with a smile, which faded as soon as she saw me. Oops, I forgot I wasn't supposed to be here. "And look who is here? Please come in Dr.Maltorta.", I said in a cheerful yet professional tone as she glared at me.

"Good morning, It's nice to see you awake.", she said to the girl walking past me with a lingering glare. She picked up her delicate wrist checking her pulse. "I am Dr.Maltorta as Dr.Khurana just said and you would be."

We waited a few moments for the girl to speak but she remained mute staring blankly in the opposite direction.

"Umm, I will let you handle your patient Dr.Maltorta.", I said and Pari looked at me with a worried expression before she quickly masked it with a smile but her eyes remained the same. She nodded at me.

I walked out quietly and decided to head home to freshen up as Pari would take time doing her check-up and hopefully have some answers. But I was beginning to doubt the girl's willingness to help us answer any questions. The hope for answers began to die as a new fear settled over my heart. 

Okay my lovelies...over to you all...

oh ya...i almost forgot...so next week, i have a couple of evaluations coming up and a update is gonna be hard...but i am done them by tuesday...so maybe we can get a update by wednesday...not really sure...but just wanted to let you all know...

Love, 

Reya <3

next ch: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1786869?pn=41

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 11 years ago
res...

Hmmm...the dream seq is good...pata nahi kab sach hoga...but just till the confession part ha...not the parting one😆...loved the relation between Maan n Pari...aise dost bohuth mushkil se milthe hai...😃.. so Pari ji has her Yash...he's good...Maan's convo with his dreamgirl...lets call her dreamgirl since u haven't gave her the name Geet yet😆😆...that was good...n it also woke her up...but sad to see her distancing herself from Maan like that...i understand she's in trauma...hopefully she'll recover soon n tell them about herself...waiting for their actual confrontation... so get down to work n come back with the update soon but yes not before u complete ur Uni work...samjhi...😡😛

Love you babes...
🤗Edited by esha143 - 12 years ago
Ohh my my...!!!
Loved the sweet bond that maan n pari share...a sister he never had n he was like an open book in front of her...!!
he was restless n felt unknown pull towards the girl(name not revealed...thats y 😕)...all he cud think of was her n dreamt of her too ...
he cud not stop himself from having a glance at her n yash helped him here...
she was not awake n still he introduced himself to her n asked about wat took place...!! he cud not stop himself from going to her...
n there she threw her arms round him...scared...frightened...
me is eager to know who r those 🤬...that put the girl thru all these...!! 😡 😡
ohh god she is not even replying to any of the questions...but staring into blank space... 😭...
update soon...!!
loved the update...

Edited by bansipatel - 12 years ago
nice update!!!
Cont soon
Luv
TC
Atiffa
me will cheat and read it when it ends at a go... cause i have my doubts with you... tera kya bharosa u may end it on a tragic note...
ah superb... its intriguing , this inexplicable bond he feels with her.. liked Pari and Maan s relationship... 

It seems Geet is too scarred and will need time and effort to recover from whatever shes been through.. eagerly awaiting the next part.. continue soon!
awesome update
cont soon
thanks 4 the pm
just one word - amazing dear amazing
wowww loved it
the way maan was blabbering crap was awesome
Bonding btw maan is pari is very sweet
maan abhi se hi imaging ilu frm geet